You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

New Haunted House

 

Usually stories of haunted houses involve old houses. My first experience took place in our new house. Built in 1955 in a suburb of Detroit, my Father, Mother and I, then 1 year old moved in right after the house was completed, just dirt where the lawn would later be.

When I was very young-about 4 years old, possibly younger, my Aunt, Uncle and 2 of my cousins-slightly older than me, came to spend the night for some reason I can't remember, they lived in Detroit too. Myself and one of my cousins slept on the couch in the living room, she at one end and me at the other. As we were both little kids we fit with plenty of room.

I awoke in the middle of the night as I have all my life, and though it was dark, some ambient light shown in from streetlights outside. I could see across the living room and into the kitchen/dining area where dark human silhouettes were moving about the table. There was no detail-no indication of male or female, hair or clothing-just humanoid silhouettes. No talking but the noise of chairs sliding on the linoleum as these figures moved about oblivious to my presence.

I remember thinking they might be my parents and my Aunt and Uncle playing cards, but the lack of lights and conversation didn't fit. Too young to really be scared, I watched for awhile until I fell back asleep. The next morning there was no sign of anything unusual happening.

I spent the next 12 years of my life in this house and had a few more strange occurrences there. Since we were the first occupants of that house, if these were true haunting, perhaps an old cemetery or burial ground previously occupied that land. The entire suburb there was developed in the late 40s-early 50s, and I don't know what was there before.

Other hauntings by gbs1x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gbs1x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gbs1x (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
This took place in Redford, Dover rd. Off Beach Daly. I have some wonderful memories of my childhood there.
clovisgrunty (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
what suburb? I have lived or visited family in Redford, Westland, Livonia, Romulus, Plymouth and Novi. Your story reminds me of the neighborhoods built at the end of the war. These are so beautiful to me.
THEPROS (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Very cool:) Interesting. Michigan has got a lot of history, but just because a place has history, does not mean it is haunted. I believe you mentioned that:)

Http://www.freewebs.com/teamhuntingevidenceofparanormal
gbs1x (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
Yes,the house is still there and has been constantly occupied.I've related more experiences of that house in "new haunted house,pt2".
Magcargo (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
I would have screamed at that age. You were realy brave. I never had that happened to me
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Your welcome. Oh yes, I understand. Maybe you would not be able to find much information, because it's a pretty old house. But do people actually still live there? I hope your aunt gets better. If you don't mind me asking, do you rememeber experiencing anything else in that house?
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Gee I'd sure be scared no matter what my age. Well good story. One last thought, maybe they had been having a conversation but you just couldn't hear it.
gbs1x (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Thanks,back then there was no internet so not much info could've been found if I was old enough to think of it. We moved from there to Ohio in 1967 and I hadn't been back to Detroit in a long time. I just went back last weekend to visit a sick aunt, first time in about 25/30 years.I've since googled the address and seen pictures and even a street view of the house and neighborhood-like going back without going back. It would be interesting to talk to more recent occupants of the house and see if they had any experiences.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story. I really think that your house might have been haunted, your right, because it sounds pretty old. Although, not much detail is given, but I think if you still lived in that house, you should of looked for information. But you were young, so I don't think you were really able to do so. But if you do go back, and if you are still interested, I'm sure you might be able to find some helpful information. I lived in Detroit for a long time too, although, I moved to Dearborn Heights a couple months ago. Anyways, sorry if I'm not much of help, but I really liked your story. Thanks for posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: