You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Dead Bird Comes Back To Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Bird Comes Back To Me

 

Before I could tell you this story I need to tell you some background before this experience happened to me. I bought this budgie at this pet store called Seascape. When we got home we set the cage up and etc. Then I soon named the budgie Akiro which means light boy or bright boy sorry I can't remember it's one of those meanings though. I named him that name because he had white feathers.

I took care of him day and night. He was a great friend to my brother, Tommy's bird also a budgie he brought on the same day as Akiro. Even though he didn't like to go out of his cage we took him out anyway so he could play with Tommy's bird. When we thought it was time for Akiro to go back into his cage he started to run and fly around the house! One day we saw him bleeding.

Of course I freaked out but my family was there to calm me down and he was healed the next day. I thought it was a miracle! Then five months later my baby sitter found him dead in his cage lying down on the bottom of the cage with this eyes closed somewhere around 1:15 PM.

Ok so here's the story:

When I got home my parents told me my bird was dead. I was shocked and upset at the same time. I went to my dad and he said that he buried him near the swing set in the backyard. Soon everybody found out and they told me they were so sorry about what happened to my bird. I forgive them and I told them that it wasn't there fault.

I told them that it was time for him to go up to heaven to be with God. Then that night I told myself that if Akiro did love me and still does please God give me a sign that he still cares for me. A couple nights later my prayer was answered.

I had a dream were I was crying in front of Akiro's cage. Then all the sudden I looked up and I saw Akiro! He seemed to look different because I could see though him. He caught on flying on my shower and back to his cage. I woke up and I felt warm and loving feeling over me and I knew that was Akiro saying, Katie I will always love you no matter where you are and we'll meet each other somebody in heaven. I went back to sleep and I didn't feel sad anymore instead I understood what happened. This happened to me a while ago and I remember it as if it was just yesterday.

Feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by KatieChan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KatieChan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
So nice story... I feel sad about Akiro 😢
Wish I had a bird so loving like you...

❤ Fesmina
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Katherine I am really sorry about what happened to your bird. I know it is in a better place now. ❤ Katie
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Very heart warming story:) Thank you very much for sharing!
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Thanks guys! I haven't seen him since that dream I had. It just proofs that dead humans or things can talk to you in your dreams. 😁
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
OMG my name is Katie also but I go by Katherine mostly. Are you into anime? Thats cool cause I do too. Anyway that's really cool about your bird. When my cockatiel, Pauley died I cried when I had gotten home. She had died with her lil eggs that never hatched. She was old but I know she's in a better place.~Katherine~ ❤
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
Thats a lovely story I got my bird stolen lats year and I'm going to pray to god and see if he's still alive
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
That was a cute story AuroraRosa! You should post it on Your Ghost Stories! I'm sure that everyone will love your story!
😁
Tygerwolfe (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
I've had similar experiences with everything from budgies to cats. Yes, the pets we love do come back to let us know they're OK.

You've been blessed to see Akiro again.:)
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
wow, someone else had this happen? I really like rabbits and keep lots of them as pets. They have distinct personalities and surprisingly long lifespans, but occasionally one will die. There was one in particular that I loved deeply. Little Kally was the runt of her litter. When she was only about six months old she fell out of her hutch and couldn't move her hind legs. I was so scared she was going to have to be put down, but it turned out she had only been stunned and in about ten minutes she could hop again. Kally's brush with death made me love her even more because I am really allergic to peanuts and one time I was having such a bad allergy attack that I couldn't breath and got really lightheaded and my mom said she was scared I was going to need the emergency room. I've always been the smallest person in my class and I really felt a bond with Kally. The vet siad she had about a year to live, being a runt and all, but she lived to be four and a half.
All my rabbits lived together in one hutch, kally, her sister lightning, and rainy. About a week after kally's death I dreamed that she hopped onto my bed and was talking to me. She said that she still loved me and was happy but that I needed to get lightning her own hutch because rainy was taking advantage of her.
Rainy is a giant breed so the two smaller rabbits had always worked together to keep things fair, but now that kally was gone rainy was being mean to lightning. I moved her to another hutch and now all my bunnies are happy.
Well this was kind of long winded, I know, but anyway that's my story.
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Cool story. This means you treated Akiro well, and he loved you. That's nice to know.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Thats means it really loved you. Do you still see it today? And do you like seeing your bird again?
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
Hi katie,
Lovely story, I'm sure Akiro is happy where ever he is 😳, thanks for sharing your story,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: