You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Myrtles Plantation

Real Ghost Stories

The Myrtles Plantation

 

It was May 2009 this year and as a gift from mom as a get well since I was in the hospital, Mother and I went to The Myrtles Plantation. After we got there it was great and I took pictures.

When we got there and got out of the car, to my left I thought I saw a shape of a person but it was not there when I turned around to look. We went on a tour after 10:00 am and took pictures outdoors and indoors.

The tour lady let me go first and I did because I had my walker with me. I entered the haunted house. Inside it was very beautiful and old, too. I noticed in the mirror was a hand and the tour lady said there's a face in the mirror. Creepy, huh? But nothing happened when I was there until I sat on my walker seat and something pulled the foot rest on the walker and I jumped out. Mother noticed and asked me what was wrong. I said nothing because she doesn't believe in ghosts.

I did take all kinds of pictures. Later on I got the film and noticed something. There was a slave inside. I could tell she had a wrap around her head and she was seated down in front of the house inside.

My mother noticed and my ex-boyfriend noticed too. So did my stepfather.

This is my first experience about that ghost since the hooded figure.

Thanks

DG

Other hauntings by dreamergal72

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamergal72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SherlockHolmes221b (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-09)
I can see by this WebSite that multiple people have encountered "Reanimate Manifestations" at this residence. "Reanimate Manifestations" are my special name for ghosts, which I tend not to believe in. Plantations, love them, such a tremendous potential for the paranormal. Some are genuine mysteries, though quite most of them are sad and often tragic endings, either financial ruin, or fire, even pirate raids, but enough said. Manifestations affix their extremely short attention spans on an individual, in most cases, a child, or an elderly person, either to warn, or to instruct. However, leave these matters to the curators of the museum, for that is their job. I can't exactly withhold a lonesome spirit though.

SH
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Oh my gosh this is so going on my favorites! I have always dreamed of going to Myrtle Plantation and now I've heard someone's experience! Thanks for sharing!

~aiafaith1 😆 ❤ 😆
ghostbeliver (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
your stories are very interesting. I like them I saw ma dad exact the same date he died at his funeral may be he just wanted to give a last goodbye wave, (I got tears in eyes now:))
GOD BLESS ❤
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
DreamerGal, I always love your stories of course. I seen the picture of the Chloe ghost and maybe she was trying to speak to you?

As for the "Slave" story, we both know this is false information, just a story to get people to come to the Myrtles and come back again. The Governess Chloe would've taken care of the children, but anything could have happened to her as we found out no slave was ever recorded on the property. Chloe the ghost does exist tho!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Raincolor chloe is a governess not a slave but work for the boss until he hang her before he made a man to cut her ear for listen at the door.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
sorry everyone I found a link to msn so here the picture so when I before I walk in it wasn't there during picture taken so here the links.http://cid-1063958ee84920a4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Mytles%20Planations%20Ghost%20or%20what/Chloe.jpg
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
Everyone I have some idea if you have facebook my picture of stuff in there so explain that when I took the picture before walk in the mytles planations the thing was not there during the picture taken.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
When I sent my pictues in I think I sent them in with my story. I guess try to resubmit the story with the picture?
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Hi DG, use the following link and fill out the form:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/contact.php

Explain what you are trying to do and say that the picture goes with story #6179.

Jennifer ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
anybody know how to put picture up? I can't find here to get the picture in.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
You talk about the slave chloe yes she did poison the cake cause of her owner "Boss" that she want her job but he will fire her instead she been hanging by him first cut her ear that why she wrap her head that what I have in my film that circle I will try to get into it.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
Hello everyone thanks for the comment I will try to get picture in there but one picture I have is the slave's head in that haunted house at front room.

Thanks
Dg
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
I've seen a t.v special about this... Several for that matter. It looks like a lovely estate. I recall most of the t.v special talked about a slave (woman) that was hung after she accidently put too much poision in a cake she baked. Something about her having a "fling" with the owner of the house.

I could be wrong and getting a different plantation story confused
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Awesome! Sounds like a great trip. I'm glad you got a little "action" in there too!
Blessed be.
raincolor (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Very cool, if this is all true. I've researched the Myrtles a bit. The "slave" you apparently witnessed is called Chloe. She's one of the most common spirits to see. Also, the mirror near the entrance is famed for housing apparitions.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
If you still have my email address can you send them to me to see. I can't wait to go back. Its crazy bc I only live about an hour away and still can't find the time to go back. One day I will get something good on film. I have taken pictuers there several times, but I don't have anything really good yet.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
Hi DG,
Are you able to add the picture you took to the site? That would be cool to see. I went to The Myrtles years ago with a non-believing friend and we both ended up getting ill while inside the plantation house. We had to go outside for air. Although we didn't see anything, there was definitely something 'off' in there. My friend is now a believer.

Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: