You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandsons' Gettysburg Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandsons' Gettysburg Experience

 

In April I decided to take my two grandsons to Gettysburg for spring break. I thought it would be educational for them and I have always felt drawn there and have visited there several times. I decided to take them on a tour through the Farnsworth house. This has been said to be one of the most haunted places in Gettysburg. During the tour the guides (there were two, dressed in era clothes) take the group to the attic first then out the door and into the cellar. When you walk from the attic you walk past the living room which is decorated in civil war era decor. You could tell the room was used for viewing only.

When we got down to the cellar one of my grandsons asked a guide who the woman was in the livingroom. The two guides looked at each other in amazement and one of them said, what woman? He said it was an older lady with blonde hair wearing clothes like theirs. They explained to him that there was no one in that room, but later told the group that there is a woman matching that description that haunts the house. My grandson also heard noises while we were in the cellar that we didn't hear. He said it sounded like someone walking overhead. The guides said that there was carpeting overhead and he could't have heard anyone walking. They did say later that people have heard that before; that it sounded like bodies being dragged across the floor. I told my grandson he was starting to scare me, and I wonder if he is a sensitive. I have often been told that I have sensitive tendencies.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kimbo1055, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Freaky, A friend of my mothers is a hunted tour guide. And when they were walking pass the grave yard a little boy said that he saw 2 little boys playing in there.
And a lady took a picture in a cell and in the corner you could see a face. WHOOOOOOO! Yes I LOVED you story:-)
GIRLIE
😁
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
Excellent story and trip

Did you see/hear anything? Did explore other places in Gettysburg? Was your grandson (s) uncomfortable with what was going on?
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Maybe your grandchildren inherited your "gift". Besides, children sense this stuff more than adults. They may develop this gift as they get older...
Thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
I agree with Cholulteca- your grand sons probably saw these things and heard these things because they didn't know they weren't supposed to. Children seem to be a lot more susceptable and approachable by the paranormal-they have not yet becaome as cynical as we tend to be as we get older.
Gettysburg is definatley on my list of places to go! It sounds fascinating!

God Bless!
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
How old are your Grandsons?, when people is very young they can be more sensitive than us, adults 😉
Thanks for sharing,
Claudia
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
What a neat encounter your Grandsons had. My Mom & Step-dad are visiting Gettysburg next month. I'll have to tell them to tour the Farnsworth House. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: