You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather That I Never Met Came To Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather That I Never Met Came To Me

 

So I am new to this site. My first story begins with my grandfather, my mom's dad. He had got killed when she was about 10-12 years old in Mexico. Well my grandmother remarried and we never really speak about him. We do have a picture of him with my grandmother when they were very young. I have no idea what he looked like when he was killed. Maybe about a month ago I had a dream that it was my niece's baptism (which is coming up this Sunday) and that one of my cousins asked me to dye her hair. I told her to go downstairs but as I was walking down the stairs she is rushing up with a pale face and said that our grandfather was looking for me. I was a little confused. I thought my stepgrandfather.

I open the door to my room and my mom's dad is standing there. The weird part is I can't see his face. I don't look up. I just see from his shoulders down. And he hugs me and tells me in Spanish to tell my mom that he misses her. But he was a ghost. I can see right through him. As he is hugging me I wake up and my room was dark. I realize that someone was on top of me as I look to my side (I sleep on my stomach). I see a solid black shadow like if its their shoulder there. I was really being hugged. I got so scared, closed my eyes tight and asked them to get off. Then they did. I told my mom and she was just in awe because I have never been curious about him or anything. Why did he come to me?

About 2 days later my mom told me that she was in my sister's room the day I had the dream (which is next to mine). She was looking out sitting on her bed on the phone and she saw something black run out of my room; a shadow but it was a big blob. It wasn't in some kind of form. And she thought she was imagining things. So I figure that when it got off me, my mom saw it run out of my room. I just don't understand what was the purpose of the dream. Why didn't he go to my mom? Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vita810, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sinisterrotica (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
Most of the stories this website come from the West (Europe & North America). I m neither religious nor I intend to defame any other religion, but burying the deadbody is not a correct practice, spirits ghosts & hauntings etc are more prevalent in the west. I m from India and we generally cremate the body and leave the ashes in the holy river of Ganga, send it where it came from... Nature. Burying the deadbody is an incomplete practice hence there is more room for unholy spirits to wander, trouble and enchroach May God Bless You All
vita810 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
thank you everyone for the comments I appreciate the advice. I haven't seen or my mom hasnt seen the shadow again. And maybe it was just a message for my mom that he misses her like he told me in the dream. And for dreamergal72 yes everyone tells me that I am a spitting image of my mom, and we have the same name just spell it different. So I can see why he confused us. I don't want anything like this in my house it is just creepy because I never met him and now all of a sudden I'm feeling his presence or what I assume is his presence. Which you guys might be right what if its not him. Thanks for the advice
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
I cannot prove that it is not Grandpa. The odds are that it is not or at least I hope that he has not wandered around in limbo for that long. I am not giving you advice just stating what I would or would not do, it is a forum for goodness sake. My bet is that it is not Grandpa and to be safe I would stay away from it, don't talk to it. Maybe some of these posters would like a visit from grandpa, send him over there.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Nobody on here understands the paranormal completely. Take in all of the advice given to you and research things also for youself. I don't think it is fair for anyone to say that it is not your G-Pa - they don't know. The shadow thing raises a flag for me just a little but just stay smart. If you're grandfather comes to you in a dream again - listen... I would even suggest keeping a pad / pen by your bed side to record such encounters once you wake up. Hope all continues to go well for you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
It could be that your mom was thinking a lot about her father during this time, and missing him. Sometimes spirits don't appear to the ones who are missing them, but instead choose to send a message through someone else. I'm not sure why they do this, maybe they find it easier to get through to someone who isn't under emotional stress. About the black shadowy figure, if you or your mom see it again please be careful not to assume that it is your grandfather. There are a lot of nasty things that like to play tricks on the living.
Thanks for the story and take care of yourself. 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Maybe I get the feeling that he made think you are your mom and may had look like her so just my opions.

Great story.
DG
josh113141314 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Interesting. My grandfather died before I met him, and he never came to me... Your lucky! But the ghost most likely means no harm. I wish you the best of luck.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
I am sure that you will get all kinds of answers and advice here, but from your story and my experience, it is probably not your grandpa. If he was killed when your mom was 10-12 and no one has seen him until now, I don't think that he would just show up now for no particular reason, I don't think that he could if he wanted to. I would ask Jesus for help by rebuking this thing in His name when you or your mom see it. I don't think that you want it hanging around your house even for some odd reson it was grandpa, that would be creepy any way to have grandpa laying on your back hugging you at night and running from room to room from your mom. I would get it out of there and quick.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: