You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunted For Life

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted For Life

 

When I was a small child, age seven, I was at my Godfathers house with my papa. I got bored so I asked papa if I could play outside on the porch swing. I went out the door and I saw a man with a white shirt on and blue jeans standing on the sidewalk. I got on the swing and watched him. He said, "hello Jennifer," and walked up on the porch and took a seat beside me. I didn't know this man and had never seen him. He looked weird to me. He had a greenish tint to him and he had the greenest eyes I have ever seen. Black hair that looked like Elvis hair. He said, "I have been watching you."

I said, "you have?"

I was thinking so hard on who was this man and how does he know me. He put his hand on my left leg and said,"you have been a good girl." I smiled big and said I try to make mom happy. By that time papa came out to check on me. The look on his face when he looked over at me will never leave me. It looked like he had seen a ghost, a bad one at that. He yelled at me to get inside now. I took my time going in and by the time I got up papa had a bible in his hand and grabbed my hand and went to throw me in the house.

This man who came to talk stood up and looked at me and said, "I'll be back for you," and turned to smoke. Gone before my eyes. Papa and Shubert where on their knees praying fast, and papa was crying so hard he couldn't talk right. When papa came back in I asked what happened and who was that man. He said very mean-like, "don't worry and never ask about this again."

I started thinking about all the weird things that wwew going on in my life at home in my room and the rest of the house. Things moving, people talking. One night my mom woke up to a man at my bedroom door. She grabbed her gun to shoot him and no one was there or in the house. Papa came the next morning and walked around praying and crying to God. I asked about that man again. He said, "I do not know what you are talking about." Years passed on and my mom got married and moved me to Knoxville to her new husbands house. I had a room on the ground floor. As soon as I walked in I felt sadness. It was a few nights and yet again people talking to me that were not there. People knocking on my door and everyone's in bed. I thought I was going crazy until I moved out on my own and it was a never ending story. Things moving, people talking to me and a lot of my pictures had things in them that no one could explain to me.

It was July 25 of 2002 and I had an ok night. I thought I was going to have a goodnight's sleep. I went to get into bed and as soon as I closed my eyes there was that man but this time he had a navy blue jacket on. He was in my face moving so fast I couldn't see him; just a black swirl. His eyes where so green they glowed. He stopped and laughed at me, and then pulled my hair and slapped me in my face. I tried to scream and I couldn't move or cry. I was helpless. I came to with my husband yelling,"Oh my God, Jennifer, are you ok?" I jumped up crying so hard I could not breathe and yelled,"did you see him?" He said,"who?" I said, "that guy."

He said all I saw was you cover up then your body was shaking and you looked like you where stroking out. I told him what I had seen and what happened. He said he did see my hair move like it was being pulled but he said he was scared because I was stiff like a board. I couldn't sleep but I dosed off some time in the night. The next morning I went to papa's and grams. I was mad when I got there just knowing papa was going to talk silly child things to me about that man I saw that day. I went in and said, we need to talk. I told them what happened, what he looked like and what he had on. I am talking about the man I saw when I was 7 years old. Grams started to cry and papa then soon started. Grams got up and got a picture and gave it to me. She said, "is this him?" I felt sick when I looked and saw that it was him. I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and asked,"who is this man and why does he follow me and now do things to me that I cannot explain?"

She said, "Jennifer, its your Grandfather."

I was lost. Papa was my grandfather. She said,"no, he is your step grandfather." Thats when she told me it was my mom's and uncle's real father and he was evil. He was killed by my great aunt when he came from Alabama where they were at to get my mom. He had beat my mom and uncles and my grams. Grams sent my mom to Lounden County to get away from him before he killed her. Well he has been dead since July 25 of 1979. I asked papa why he didn't tell me and why did he make me think I was crazy all these years. He said people are mean and would think you were crazy if you told, plus I didn't want you to know. (Frank is the name of the evil man.) He said, Frank has followed you since birth and why, I do not know. Maybe because you look so much like your mom.

Years passed and still to this day even my kids see people walking by, water dripping on you and no water to be found. I have a child call me momma all the time. I know there is evil that follows because I can sense these things. I have my houses blessed and still it goes on. I am haunted for life. I will live in fear for the rest of my life. I even went to three doctors and I am not crazy at all. My papa said I have a gift but to me it is a life of fear of the evil ones that follow. I have done all I can to not fear but I fear what you can not see and I fear what he will do to me or my children next.

Frank even killed people in his waking life. My mom told him while he was laying there bleeding to death that she would forgive him if he would pray with her. He laughed and said, "Its too late. I sold my soul along time ago," then died. This is a true story and still goes on. If anyone knows anything I could do PLEASE help. I am so over fearing the dead.

Other hauntings by jenniferford

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jenniferford, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
❤ I am not by any means an expert ok but I am willing to tell you this much dreem is totally correct. Do not hide or lie what you go through with your son. He may have things coming to him at night that he is afraid to tell you about out of the same fear that you have 99% of people that say they believe in spirits/ghosts are afraid that they will not be understood. I can't see them but I hear them and feel them and I know my kids have in the past seen them and even though I never saw what they did I completly trusted what they were saying. As for your "real" grandpa he is there because he knows that you see him and hear him and you are afraid and because he was evil in life he is evil in death and he is using that to hurt you and your family. I would look up rook's cleansing for your home and then make a copy of his picture call him to your back yard and make your stand. Tell him your home is yours and not his and he is no longer allowed in your home DO NOT challenge him or say this in anger but just like when you have to be stern with your son be stern with him! Tell him that you are burying him and his past with it because you are looking forward to your's and you sons future and he has to move on now. Then proceed to bury that picture. And most of tell him to make sure that he takes all his noises and dogs cats and toys with him. Tell him you have to have peace in your home because it is in your home that ONLY GOD dwells peacefully. Best of luck and remember teach your son to pray before meals and before bed say them loud so that your departed granddad hears them and make sure you ask god to place a shield of protection around you and your son every night then go to bed. 😉
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
God has given us free will, but unfortunately so too some of the scum that lived before us who still choose to harass the living for selfish reasons of their own, however it is my belief there interference to the path we walk is limited to some degree and thank God for that, the slap in the face and the pulling of your hair is bad, but IMO it's about as much as he can do to hurt you at this point, so my first bit of advise, is fear not for your life... As God would not let him take it away from you he can't, the only way he can really hurt you, is by scaring you into a realm of Astral projection, where things could get real nasty should he achieve that... And having you on edge and consciously worried about him plays into his hand and this is what his game is... Evil feeds of negativity and fear, I qoute this passage from the bible, "as I walk in the shadow of death I shall fear no Evil" there is so much more to the meaning of this sentence then what people realise and by far your not walking through any valley of death... The reason God tells us this, is because at the point of death, we do find ourselves in the interim astral realm beyond this one and on rare occasions, evil attempts to salvage the soul by frightening it into submission and Jesus himself mentions this to Peter from memory when he came back after rising from the dead... God tells us to stand up to them and fear them not, because fear is the key that allows them into and control our spiritual mind of which is the only way they can hurt us and inflict internal destruction, do you see my point here? By you letting this worry you the way it has, it is a form of self destruction build on the negativity attached to it, not your fault of coarse but the trauma it has already caused your family is not fair to you... I have confronted Evil a few times in the astral realm and that's where this man would really like to meet you and I do testify on the bible, that showing evil no fear and staring it right down sucks the energy right out of them and empowers you in the way that God tells us it will in the bible and I'm no hero, free will also has power and it's that power not not fear evil which is the all conquering and in part the solution to your account IMO... If you was my daughter, I'd be telling you to wipe him from your memory all together don't tell your child and don't let things get to you at all, don't read anything paranormal of evil nature and shut down your own gift to live the life that God wants you to, follow your faith and live your life as best you can and the only thing that will capitulate into submission in time is the memory of this Evil man who has already caused enough problems in your family to date.

Best wishes and God bless Daz. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Cfinnegan: I appreciate the head's up, but I noticed that theparanormalproject said they tried to contact the O/P by e-mail but failed... If I had felt the need, I would have deleted the comment 😊
theparanormalproject (2 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
cfinnegan, I apologize that you found my comment "annoying", but with all due respect, I wouldn't qualify my comment as an advertisement... It was an attempt to contact the Original Poster, whose email is no longer valid. As I wrote, I attempted to email her directly (and avoid commenting publicly), but the email was rejected. I think that was pretty clear. I don't know if she will receive notification or not, but that was my sole objective.

I have read dozens of stories on here already and if I were here to advertise, I would've posted comments on all of those stories (or simply published an original post of my own). The reason this IS my first post is because I respect this forum and I will ALWAYS attempt to contact users privately first.

I sincerely hope you find that satisfactory.
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
[theparanormalproject] I would like to say that advertising your series on your first post is quite annoying. Many people here are involved in ghost hunting, but don't advertise ect. Ect.
theparanormalproject (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Hello Jennifer. I work for a paranormal TV series and I am interested in your story. I tried emailing you, but your email address is no longer valid. I see you haven't posted on here since 2009, but if you get this message and are interested, please email me at paranormalproject [at] brownstoneentertainment.com
Thank you!
ejjuggalo (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
what you need to do is face these evil spirits face 2 face hope that helps your problem
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
You need a shaman, a Hmong shaman. They tap into the other side and can stop spirits from ever coming back. They can create a shield to protect people from spirits. The shamans say that ghost are scared of pepper and spit at them. You need serious help
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Thank you all so very much for all your help. I did tell my son. Yes he freaked out alittle but he did know some of the stuff that went on around me. I really do think he is gifted to. We are going to work on it together and find away to fight this. Bless his heart. He said mom I will kill all the demons so they will leave you alone. He is so sweet. Thanks again
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
I am sorry if I wrote it wrong. Frank is my real grandfather. The person I call papa is my step grandfather. Yes he was already dead when he came to me at age 7.He died on July 18 1979. I was born in 1981. I thought he died on the 25th but it was the 18th.
Jlh27 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
First of all I just want to say I'm not disagreeing with anyone who is telling you that praying is the way to go, however if your family has been doing that a lot and its not working then you should try something else like asking Archangel Michael for protection. Another option is emailing Deb Webber the best medium in the world! She has a 5yr waiting list but says anyone who is desperate for her help should email her anyway! Best of luck I hope you find peace soon ❤
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
I have a feeling that this "preacher" is of no help at all. I suggest you find someone else who knows the real purpose of preaching. Anyway... I think that you should pray on a regular basis, it really helps. And find someone who will provide you the help you need and the means to get rid of Frank. Blessing your house, maybe?
Best of Luck for you and your family.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
I have chosen not to read most of the other comments, so if any of this is repeatative, please forgive me...

First, how traumatizing! What a thing to have to live with, for your entire family. Now, I am trying to understand, when this Frank came to see you when you were 7, was he already deceased at that time?

Tell Frank to leave! Tell him in the name of the Lord! Tell him you will not let him rule or ruin any part of your life any longer, that the Lord will protect you.

Place a cross in each room of your house, especially the bedrooms. Try wearing a cross as well. When you feel him or see him or wake up dreaming about him, pray the Our Father... Out loud, If this Frank was and is evil, he will certainly shy away from this.

By the way, there is no such thing as a sin free human being. There was one, he lived 2009 yers ago and he was the only one, so the Lord can and will take this Frank and all of his evil and selfishness away.

I am certain this was a very difficult story to share,

God Bless!
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Hi Jennifer,

First, don't believe that nonsense that God will only help you when you are "sin free". If this preacher knew anything about the Bible that he professes to believe in, then he would know that he is a sinner too. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". That is one of the premises of the Bible. With out Christ, we are all sinners headed for hell.

Second, you need to find a preacher that is willing to take his head out of the sand and help you over come and understand what is happening and how to deal with it. They are out there, but you have to look.

When this demonic entity bothers you again, you need to demand that he leave in the name and authority of Jesus Christ. I can't say for certain that that will help, but it's worth a try. Please get away from this so called preacher. He didn't help you because he doesn't know how.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
First I just want to say that I am so sorry you had to go through your childhood in total fear of this man. Even now as an adult you are still being harrassed by the man and your children are being affected now as well. I wish I knew exactly what to say to help you and your children. I do think that you have a gift, and I believe that someone should have helped you embrace it and learn how to use it as a child. There are lots of people out there with the same gift, and I pray that one of them reads your story and helps you out. You stated in a comment that your papa said as long as you live in sin it will not go away. I know you said he is a preacher, and those who believe stronly in the bible and spread the word of God often feel that way. I am a catholic and I honestly don't believe that God will allow an evil entity to prey on one of his children that way.
I will pray for you and your children that you find help very soon.
Best of luck to you. Oh and by the way my name is Jennifer also. Take Care ❤
WitchSpawn (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Wow, I too could take all these details apart but I don't think I have the time

As many times as I have had paranormal experiences NEVER have I came across one such as this,

I believe there is a giant metal element of this your not exploring you need to look at yourself and your feelings before you can look at him, this frank character is very strange, He is your step grandfather? Your related to him in some way?

Many questions to be asked before any can be answered
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
I could take this apart psychologically but I won't. Why is it that only religious people usually have these kinds of experiences? Sounds like you are gifted that much I will say. It may also run in the family which is why this stuff is happening. I was under the impression most bible believers don't believe in ghosts but consider them to be demons playing tricks. There does seem to be some psychological bridge between religious superstitions and the paranormal. Hard part is deciphering what is real and what is implanted psychologically because of religious beliefs. You sound very sincere and I'm not making light of your plight. I think there is a lot of fear and anxiety mixed in here which could mean it's also a mental problem due to conditioning.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
As a catholic I will do my VERY best to try and help you.
Okay I think that you need to pray for your step-grandfathers soul. Wear crosses and pray the rosary. Don't let this spirit harm and/or scare your children. You need to tell this evil one to go away and stop ruining your life. Because that's what he is doing.
I really hope this helps and I hope your family is safe
dreem (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Don't repeat the same mistake your family made with you, with your son, by not telling him the truth. The first step in overcoming an enemy is to acknoledge his existence and then really plan a strategy for defeating him. I think you should tell your son what's going on. It might scare him at first, but he'll be comforted knowing he's not crazy, and that you have had such experiences and been able to go on with your life despite them. Also he'll trust you more, for acknoledging his experiences and counseling him truthfully. Then he'll feel like he has an ally in you, and will confide in you when such things occur, which will lessen their damaging impact on him.
Try to enlist the help of your spirit guides/angels in keeping this evil man's spirit our of your and your son's lives. I believe that they exist just like that evil man's spirit exists. If you find out if there's a family member of that man's generation, a good person that's also passed over, preferably strong in spirit, then "pray" to them daily to guard over you and divert the evil spirit. Every day that you've had no visitations from that man, or your son, thank your chosen guides/angels for keeping him away from you. If you or your son do see or hear him, immediately think of your guides/angels and clearly ask them for help to get rid of him. If it works, thank them sincerely. It's best to have a picture of the person who has passed over whom you ask to guard you on the next plane. Your son will feel more secure knowing he can call on his guardian in times of need. It works, try it.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
I talked to my papa witch is a pastor. He told me that wail I live in sin this will never go away. See I live with my boyfriend which is still married. He said if I stay with him and not marry that my doors are still opened for any spirit to haunt me. I was married for 7 years and still living for GOD and this stuff still went on. The thing is that freaks me out most is the dog that growels in my room. My son got woke up last night from a evil dog growling in my room. It woke me and my boyfiend up to. It came from my side of the bed. I heard and others heard the growl before when I was married. At that time I had no dog. My son came to me this morning asking if I heard a evil dog growl in my room lastnight. I told him no but I really did. He said mom it scared me. I thought it was going to get you. He said but mom I was to scared to check on you. He is 9 years old. I think he has the same gift as I do. He sees the things I do but the evil growl is really freaky because I know its evil and if my son heard it all the way in his room which is not close to mine then what the heck. I don't know, I am just so stressed by this and now my son hears and sees what I do and to me its not cool because I do not want my children to live in fear like I do at 27 years old. Married or not these things still come to me. Its not just my evil dead grandfather, its many. Please pray for my children to be safe from these evil things. Thank you for your suport.
jakester913 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
That sounds scary. I hope the spirit goes away. You could try to get your church leader or someone to cast out the spirit.

Hope you feel better.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
Hi Jennifer,
I just read your story and I'm so sorry that you have been so frightened all these years! I too have had many strange things happen. Sometimes I will tell my husband about them and I'm not exactly sure he believes me or not. I tell him that I didn't choose this supposed 'gift' and that life would definitely be easier if I wasn't the only one that occasionally experiences or sees these 'things'.

Maybe you just have to put your foot down and tell them to knock it off. Enough is enough. I lived in a haunted apartment (which I documented on this site) and after awhile I was so sick & tired of the goings on that I yelled out loud for it to stop. Unless it wanted to start helping me pay the rent it had no business there. This seem to help. I also started praying before going to bed at night and I really felt that made a huge difference. Good luck to you.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: