You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Voices, Lights & Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Voices, Lights & Shadows

 

I guess this all started about 6 months ago. I have lived at my residence now for about 3 1/2 years. I never experienced any problems. Then a while back I kept hearing the sound of music playing in the middle of the night and voices talking. I finally brought it up to my boyfriend and the kids about 4 months ago. The girls had said they heard music playing but thought it was the neighbor. My boyfriend said he didn't hear anything like that but that he heard, every morning when everyone was asleep, a baby crying. My oldest son actually woke me up in the middle of the night shortly after this, asking me to please turn down the radio because it was keeping him up (He was not there the night I asked the other kids about the incidents because I knew it would really scare him). We were asleep!

Since then, I have seen a figure walk into my son's room, little gleams of light pop up in the same places, and we even have a picture of my 2 year old we took on christmas morning with a very identifiable white figure in it! That really shook all of us up! What's really strange is the figure looks like a small child around the age of my son but the figure I saw walk into my other son's room looked like a young man.

For the last month now I haven't seen any lights or people but have heard sounds of someone walking around and making noises in the house when I am here alone, and the voices at night have lessened a little but when they talk, it is so fast and I can't understand what they are saying. But sometimes when they talk, it feels like someone is standing right next to you and I get this tremendous feeling of fear, like I want to scream and have before. I don't understand what these things want from me because I can't understand them. Some I feel no fear from and some I feel frozen with fear.

Can someone please help me! I feel like I am losing my mind and I fear for my children.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Sounds as if the spirit you see going into your son's room and the one in the photo may be his guardian spirit. As for the others if these take place at approximately the same time every night and the occurances are about the same, what you might be dealing with is a residual haunting. This would be like playing a tape over and over, the spirits never interact with the living. If it occurs at different times and what happens changes then you are dealing with an intelligent haunting, and if it is troublesome then you may want to seek help in dealing with it. You can ask the spirits to leave, tell them they are no longer welcome in your home and please go into the light and be at peace. Do not try and antagonize them, this could have a really bad effect. You can ask your church to bless your home and family. You can perform a Native American cleansing ceremony. This would be better performed by someone more experienced, but you can purchase the supplies and do this yourself. It may also take more than a couple of times to completely rid your home of the negative energies. Last solution, and even this doesn't always work is to move from the location. Good luck in what ever method you choose.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
TryshMaster88 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
that would scare me horribly! I don't blame you for fearing for your children. I would too!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: