You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Bedtime

Real Ghost Stories

Bedtime

 

In my brother's house it's only three of us who live there; my aunt, me, and a ghost lady who sometimes sits on my bed at night and taps her foot to make her presence known. In Houston my brother has a humble home with a ghostly friend we all know about; a lady who was robbed and murdered near the main entrance of the home.

I had been staying at my mother's home for a month. I sometimes visit my parents and stay months with them. I only stayed a month and was ready to go back to my brother's home. The first night that I went back everything was okay until 11 p.m. All the lights went off. A total blackout at the house and when I went downstairs to question my aunt, she replied, "It's that lady who is messing with us. All our neighbors still have electricity." When we entered the kitchen to peek through a window we noticed that the only house in the dark was ours. There was also nothing wrong with the fuse box because our oven still had the time lit up. When I asked my aunt how she was sure it was the ghost lady my aunt confessed the following.

Four days ago when she had arrived home alone in the afternoon she noticed that the ceiling fan that was in the living room was shaking really violently but she couldn't comprehend why when all the doors and windows where shut. There was no wind or any explanation to explain the violent shaking. Even though it was unusual she shook it off and went about feeding the dogs. At around 10:30 p.m. She was watching television when she began to hear noises upstairs. "What kind of noises?" I inquired in the darkness, with my brown eyes wide opened!

Loud noises that sent chills not down my spine but all over my head, like if someone was pricking me with a needle all over my scalp. It sounded like someone was upstairs moving furniture. Upstairs we have an entertainment room with a television and two comfy large sofas. One of the sofas is a love couch. A coffee table in the center and I'm sure the point is clear. She continued expressing to me she had stepped out into the hallway and switched on the hall light near her room to hear the noises clearer when all the sudden she heard what sounded like someone picking up the love couch and slamming it against the wall.

That frightened her so much my aunt started to walk towards the main entrance to get out the house when, blackout! The light in her room and the hall turned off and the house was in complete darkness. My aunt says she ran out the house so fast she could have won an Olympic gold medal. She sat on the sidewalk and called my mom to explain her supernatural encounter and the only advice my mom could give her was, "What's the big deal. You know it's a ghost lady. Go back in the house and go to sleep!"

My super brave aunt did. There's no way in the world I would've gone back in that house that night. And what's really painful about this situation I'm dealing with right now is that at 10 p.m. At night we have to turn off the lights, like we're little girls with a bedtime curfew, because if we don't, at 11p.m. Our ghost lady makes sure she does and believe me, it's sad!

Other hauntings by jackeline

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jackeline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Yeah I agree with Tonith. Also, do you guys have any pets? I've heard that dogs sometimes scare entities, I don't know if it's true but when I was having trouble sleeping due to my experiences, I got a dog and it helped 😊

Good Luck!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
I think someone needs to put the ghost lady in her place. Talk to her like you would any other person and firmly let her know she is the guest in the house and rules apply when it comes to the lights and the noises to get attention. Does this happen when all of you are home? Or only when the women in the house are home? Has your uncle experienced anything odd? For myself, and I have never had the opportunity to experience such, I would encourage any spirit to go to the Light. Unless she behaves she would have to go. No one should live in fear in their own home or be bullied in their own home. Take authority over this situation. It's your domain not her's.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
The lady was murder that sad and horrblie made me feel sorry for that lady maybe she want the attention to finish her business before she go to her peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: