You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Frightening Night 2

Real Ghost Stories

Frightening Night 2

 

Read the first part before you read this:

My friend's mum began to panic. She called her husband's mobile - after 5 calls, he finally answered. She started to explain what had happened. There was a knock on my friend's bedroom door - It was his dad. We let him in.

He asked what the hell was going on. We explained it to him. He stepped out with my friend's cricket bat, and proceeded to go into the bathroom. When my friend's dad went into the bathroom, we saw the shadowy figure fly out of his mum's sewing/spare room.

My face felt like all the blood had washed out of it. My friend told his mum what he saw. She looked, nothing was there. His sister then screamed. "Holy crap!" I began to panic. His dad ran out of the bathroom and ran towards his daughters room - thinking that the intruder was in there. We see them coming towards my friend's room, his sister obviously stricken with fear.

We asked what had happened to her - She said that while she was sleeping, she felt some pressure on her body, she woke up and saw a dark figure over her, and that's when she screamed. When their dad came into the room and turned on the light - nothing was there. It was empty - and if there was someone there... Well, they had no chance to escape - unless they wanted to die by jumping out the window.

His parents started talking, while my friend, his sister and I were watching "Will & Grace" on my ipod, to help us take our mind off things. Then their brother screamed, ran out of his room and we see him bolt downstairs - Their parents ran out after him. My friend quickly locked his bedroom door. When my friend came back to us to sit down - that noise came back again this time. The knocking sounded like it came from the door. His sister got freaked out.

My friend started yelling for his parents. I then felt a chill and my friend's sister screamed. She backed away from the bed. So we did too. We started seeing some black smokey fume start to form into a, well, it looked like a grim reaper - I was stunned with fear. My friend's sister ran out, and we followed. My friend screaming for his parents.

We see light in the livingroom and his dad coming towards us. We told him what we saw and we all went into the livingroom. I asked if their house was haunted. They said they don't know, then all of a sudden, we heard that knocking noise again. We all see the shadowy figure outside of the livingroom - but it was like it couldn't enter the room. Something was blocking it. My friend's dad started yelling at it, asking it what it wanted. My friend's brother grabbed the crucifix his mum was holding and threw it at the figure - it went through it, but the figure disappeared.

We were all stunned with fear. We all ended up staying in the livingroom, with the lights and TV on, all bunched together. We ended up falling asleep. Morning finally came and we were all SO happy. My friend's mum called the priest of my friend's sister's Catholic school.

Me and my friend ended up going to my place straight away - I don't know what happened after that.

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
holy grace of God! I would have shat my pants. Thank you for this scary yet very interesting read. Even though it was few years back... Did your friend ever update you on what happened after? And do they still live there?

Thanks! - notjustme
Kyo-the-Phoenix-of-Shadows (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
Last comment one year ago... Wonder if everything's okay...?
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
wow that's a freaky one, kind of like my old experience back in the day... In a way:p I have told my fiancee my past stories and she refuses to stay in my old bedroom at my parents place now, we have to sleep in the basement lol
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
On Friday - My friend recorded the unusual noise on his phone.

He said the knocking noise was loud - but for some reason, on his phone... It's faint.

Anyways - I slept over there on Saturday, I heard the knocking again, but nothing else.
I was scared S**tless, when I stepped into his house. XD

Me, his sister and him, were all sleeping in the lounge room with the tv on. (His older brother slept over his girlfriends place).

I told my girlfriend about this, she refused to sleep over with me. LOL.

When I can - I'll have my friend send the recording.
EPTX (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
After some research that I have done to try and explain my own experience, I read a book about demonology some of the sympoms you are explaining sounds like the first stage of demonic infestation, the knocks on the front door that came in sets of three... Said to symbolize the anouncement that the demon has arrived, the whispers is just a way to get attention so that you guys can acknowledge that he is there but by acknowledging and asking what he wanted is sort of an invitation for it to stay. Demon's use these kind of scare tactics to feed of that negative engergy. But don't take my word for it, you should try reading some of Ms. Lorraine Warrens book (one of the worlds leading demonologist) and doing some research of your own, I'm only offering my opinion and not saying that this is most certain what it is. I wish you the best of luck.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Wow whatever this thing was, it obviously didn't care who woke up in the house. It was very agressive going into each room like that and scaring the heck out of all of you. The whole time I was reading your story, I couldn't help but think that you were all being hunted. 😲 I hope that your friend and his family get the help they need so they can be at peace in their home. If you do go back there to sleep over please be very careful.
Thanks for the story and take care of yourself 😊
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
I think that you guys did the right thing by waking up the parents so that they could help you deal with it. It also proved that it wasn't your imagination, since your friend's parents saw the "entity" too. That was scary enough, but I bet you guys are curious and will do some research.

Best of Luck!
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Whoa, I got chills down my spine reading this experiance. Is your friend and his family OK? I certainly hope so. Whatever this thing was it doesn't sound nice. Not at all. I hope that the priest is able to bless the house sucsesfully. Good luck.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Hi ominousnyxx very interesting story mate I was wondering which state your from? I'm from Perth WA and would like to hear about more paranormal places in Australia, haha would have been a terrifying experience and am curious to know what was going on there!

Cheers! 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Does all this go on when you are not there? If I read right they had no paranormal activity until recently?
The knocking and clicking could be water pipes and air pressure but that wouldn't explain the dark figure. Whispers on cell phones and land phones can be frequency problems but not saying it wasn't a spirit being that they have been known to use electronics to manifest a voice pattern. What happened to the sister sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. If more than one person witnessed this black figure it can't be total imagination. While I know kids can have super suggestive imaginations but being that it was effecting everyone in the house I don't think it was imagination. I would want to investigate that place. If you have the nerve, try it. All you need is a digital recorder or a camcorder. Would be interesting to see if you could capture evidence. Good luck and keep us posted if you do decide to check it out.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Haven't been back there... Nor do I ever want to sleep over again. But... For the sake of my curiousity - I want to know what it was... So, this Saturday... I'm sleeping over again. (My friend, his sister and older brother have been sleeping in the same room ever since).

Banditadi - We were playing "Atlantica";p

God... I've been having imsonia ever since that incident - waking up in the middle of the night... Having like 5-6 hours of sleep.

(Sleep with my ipod on - block out all noises lol)
Love_in_the_Darkness (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
If you find out anything about the ghost like if it comes back or not, post it on here. I'd love to know if it really is evil and what not.

***Obsessive ghost lover***
banditadi (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
One of the most scary experiences ever read on this site... And with so many witnesses...gosh...i wouldd b scared to death...umm...by the way... Sorry for the irrelevance... What online game were you playin? Just a curious game freak...;)
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
WOW! That would scare me hard core! It's good that you call someone for it, maybe things will get better for you, your friend and his family
Be safe!
NotSoTypical (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Hmm. Sounds like things really do go bump in the night at your friend's house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: