You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Who's At My Door?

Real Ghost Stories

Who's At My Door?

 

I've had a lot of death in my family, all in my house. This story takes place when I was around 9 or 10, shortly after my father had passed away. I have always been able to feel ghosts, as my grandmother has been around, with her cigarette smell, and lights flickering, the usual.

One night I had gotten up in the middle of the night to get a drink. It was dark in the house, and I was and still am scared of the dark. So I run out of my room really fast. I get to the edge of the living room (My house is only 1 floor and a basement) and I freeze. I feel something, and thought I saw movement next to my dad's old chair.

I freak out and run back into my room, slamming the door behind me. I am hiding behind the door, and I hear footsteps coming down the hall towards my room. I hold the door shut as the footsteps stop. I let go and my door starts to open on its own. The door is hard to open because it is broken, so it would be impossible for a strong enough wind to travel all the way through the house and open it. Before it opens all the way, I slam it shut again, and hear the footsteps go back down the hall.

I start screaming. As soon as I am sure the footsteps are gone, I run into my mom's room, freaking out and stay in her room for the night. As I look back on this, it was probably my dad, but I think he didn't realize he would scare me so badly.

I've never had it happen again, and I almost wish he would, because I'm not a scared little girl anymore, so I could handle it. Being young and not understanding what is going on, I freaked out, even though I never felt in danger at all. I think he is still checking up on me, just in less obvious ways.

Other hauntings by Blackrose13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blackrose13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Yes It hard to lose a parent like that and thanks... I don't know what to do if lose my mother she all I have and I love her. Yeah not easy of the life.
Blackrose13 (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Dreamgal72 I'm sorry for your loss. My dad was really sick. He had MS so he got gradually more ill, so it wasn't really a shock when he died, though mt mom and I were a mess (She is never going to find another person like my dad, even though she is dating). I was also only like 9 at the time. I couldn't imagine being 17 and losing a parent or something. I read both your stories. Having a parent die unexpectedly is tough. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to my mom.
Blackrose13 (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
It's good that he visited. He was actually around a few days ago as well. He was really sick with MS before he died, and couldn't walk. Maybe in the afterlife he was able to gain back his movement! That's what I like to think anyway ❤ 😆
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Hi, Blackrose13, I agree with mickeymalice I too lost my daddy in 1990 as you may read my story there in two of them. Do not be afraid of ghosts It may be your daddy to check on you to see how you were doing.
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
:::Blacerose13:::

Even though it has never happened to me, I have heard a lot of accounts of people having family members come back to check on their loved ones. So, I do think this was your dad, and I hope that you get another chance to communicate, or whatever it is you want to do.

~G.T. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: