You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Rachael

Real Ghost Stories

Rachael

 

Ever since I was little I've had paranormal experiences that I cannot even begin to explain. I am currently convinced that our house is inhabited by a poltergeist that I have come to name Rachael.

We moved into our current home when I turned three, ever since then Rachael has wanted to play. I want to share with you some of those experiences. Please despite the length of each story, they're quite real.

One Saturday when I was younger my mom had asked what my brother wanted for breakfast. He replied the usual Ego waffles. Now we stored the Ego's in the basement freezer and still do. So my mom headed towards the door to the basement and turned the handle, pulling. The door wouldn't budge. She looked at it funny before trying harder pulling with all her strength. Placing her foot on the wall she pulled again. I then walked over and started pulling with her. We both let go, and looked at each other confused. My mom then turned the handle and the door opened with ease. One problem,

The basement door doesn't lock.

It was 6 in the morning when my mom woke my brother up to go to band, I opened my eyes. Being a morning person I was wide awake in a moment. Noticing it was only 6 I glanced forwards before closing my eyes once more. I froze at something I saw before closing my eyes. I opened them again, my eyes adjusted to the dark. There was this little girl about 7-8 years old, with short black ringlets, the purest white skin and blue eyes. She wore an old fashioned doll-like dress, the ribbons in her hair matched her eyes and dress, and her eyes were locked on my face. I was staring at her in horror. Remembering that stupid "Emily" chain letter. I slowly pulled the blanked over my head and breathed as softly as I could. I was too scared to move but then my mom walked in saying it was time to get up. I looked back at the clock it was 7. The Girl was gone. As I mentioned she is the like the poltergeist in the house.

One night shortly after the morning of the story above this one I had snuggled down in my covers and was slowly drifting off to sleep. When I heard what sounded like a dog scratching at my wall. I thought a moment on what it could be. Mice in the wall, Squirrel? But then it continued not slowing for several minutes. Till I finally said "I need to get some sleep" it suddenly stopped. Nothing had happened for a couple of weeks, until I re-arranged my bedroom. It was still a work in progress at the time. Lying in my bed I heard what sounded like the mixture of a door creaking open slowly and a low throaty laugh. This was the first time I heard it. It stopped after ten minutes.

I have this big basket full of old stuffed animals and blankets as well as some old dolls. After I had cleaned my room I came home from school to find that the blanket was spread across the floor and the stuffed animals were strewn across it. Basket over turned. I was creeped out considering I keep that basket in the corner of my bedroom and nobody touches it. I cleaned it up and put it back in the corner.

As well as trying to scare people she likes to play games. Again I was cleaning my bedroom and was getting under my bed when I got stuck. (Don't ask how). Waiting for my mom to come back up stairs I knocked on the floor for fun. I knocked the famous "door knock" dum dada dum dum. Dum Dum. I knocked the first few notes. Dum DaDa Dum Dum. When I stopped I heard to faint knocks back. I smiled thinking it was my dad who was in the room below me. When I got out I went down stairs to have a blond moment. How in gods name could my dad have knocked on the ceiling when it's 10ft in height? Him being 6ft tall?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, inutaru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Inutaru,
I was wondering where you got the name as well, did she tell you or did you maybe get a feeling for it? To me Rachel doesn't sound like she will cause you or your family harm but like kirsten_pax09 said you should be careful. I think that you should try some of the solutions Marie suggested they should help you to at least decrease the activity to an extent. Investigating the house records is a good idea you can probably find some of that stuff at your local library. Stay strong and please give us updates.
Hope this helped, ❤ Kalli
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Does she talk to you at all? And considering that you saw her can you describe her a bit more? ❤ ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Hi, that scary. I know someone named Rachel. She nevers likes to clean things up, she loves to scare people, and she would do the last part dum, dada, dum, dum. Just to scare you. Wait until I tell her that there's someone who already took her place in the afterlife (don't ask).
GIRLIE 😆
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
interesting... Where did you get the name rachael? 😊
Do you have any history on the house?
Good on you & good luck,
❤_tabi
Marie (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Just some things to think about...

What sort of feeling did you have when you first saw her? Obviously you were scared, always freaky when someone shows up in your room when they shouldn't be there. But do you remember any feelings other then that. Don't limit yourself to just friendly or malicious. And if you feel that the encounter was comprimised by your initial shock then it's fine to toss this first bit to the side (of course don't foget it) and wait for another such ocurrance. If seeing others comments worry you try some natural remedies like rosemary under your pillow to ward off evil, smudging, and even salt if you can manage (w/o upsetting your mom or whomever likes the house tidy). Next how often do such things happen? Try and keep track and if your parents are on board with this definetly include them. You've been in the same house since you were three, so I can't imagine that the spirit would suddenly become dangerous (it's not normal for something that has been around for so long to suddenly change, just like a person you know well or an old pet it's not going to just change of absolutely no reason). So all that in mind, hope it helps.
Peace
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
[at] Hawkgirl: There's definitely a great danger in recognizing the ghostly activity. Even if inutaru is afraid of this supposed little girl retaliating for not paying attention to "it". We shouldn't be so ready to believe it's a little girl to begin with. "Purest white skin" Seem suspicious right away. Ever hear of the famous Annabelle case that famous Demonologists Ed & Lorraine Warren investigated? The people who suffered attacks from this Demon thought it was a sweet little girl who only wanted to live with them in a Doll and share their warm home. But... 😢

Read all about it here: http://www.warrens.net/annabell.html
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Hm... A few things in your story could have a logical explanation. The knocking might be one of them. See, if I raise my hand, the ceiling in my room is about 5ft away but if I grab a broom or any stick and I step on my chair, I can easily reach it and knock. The scratching could've been a mouse and it ran away when it heard you speak.

However, the sightings you've experienced are what we should focus on. Maybe that girl used to live there? Until now, she hasn't harmed you but if she wants attention and doesn't get it, the whole thing may take a dangerous turn. Do some research and take care.
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Well at least this ghostly apparition hasn't really tried harming you. So far it just wants attention. But there is some danger in recognition, especially those who acquire a name. Where did you get the name Rachael?
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
:::Inutaru:::

Is this ghost friendly or does she have malicious intent when trying to scare people? Have you have any personal contact with her?

~G.T. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: