You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Devil Or Jesus Under The Bed?

Real Ghost Stories

Devil Or Jesus Under The Bed?

 

In 1994 I was still living at home and the family home was very small. I didn't have my own bedroom. My parents had a room and my two older brothers occupied the second room since there were more boys then girls they gave that room to my brothers. I slept in the living room on a hideaway bed. However the hideaway bed was old and beginning to break so I began sleeping uncomfortably on the couch. But when my father wasn't at home I would ask my Mom if I could sleep in their bed because it was more comfortable. She would say okay. After my Parents broke up, my Father ended up moving out for their separation. I was allowed to sleep on his side of the bed more often. Anyhow at this time I was going through a Christian revival. I was meditating on faith, that when you ask God for a blessing you're to thank him and believe as if he already has given you what you asked for. As I was concentrating on strengthening my faith I was thinking also of the part in the Bible where Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.

The strangest thing that happened was my feet began to feel refreshed as if they had been washed. My feet felt so clean and refreshed and they remained feeling like that all evening all the way into the night when I went to sleep on my Father's side of the bed.

Now my Mom was already asleep and I was lying on my back trying to fall asleep. I was drifting off, when all of a sudden I felt a very "real" man's hand grab a hold of my left foot. It was definitely a hand. The fingers wrapped around my foot firmly. The thumb curled under my arch and the other fingers curled gripping around the top of my foot. I could feel the clamminess as well. The hand was large because it enveloped my foot easily. My Mother and I were covered up completely and this bed is a Queen Sized bed. There was no one else in the room.

The only way a hand could be under the blankets and sheets at the foot of the bed was if this arm reached up from under the mattress under the bed or from the floor at the foot of the bed. I was so freaked out. I yanked my foot away and out of this hand's grasp and wanted to scream but I didn't because I was too petrified. I pulled both my legs in tight, as if I was sitting Indian Style with legs crossed and kept them there. I was so feverish with fear and my whole body was stiff with terror. My Mom was asleep next to me and I didn't know what to do. I was so scared, yet I didn't want to alarm her. There's no way anyone else was in that room. I eventually fell asleep praying and praying for God's protection. What the hell was that?

I told my Mom the next morning and of course she didn't believe me. I wonder sometimes what would have happened if I would have sat up and reached down to take hold of that hand?

Other hauntings by Kirsten_pax09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kirsten_pax09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
[at] Thegrinch17: Oh, I hope you come back to talk more about your experience?! So do you think it's the legendary "Boogie Man" or "Devil" under the bed? Oh I always hated kneeling beside beds as a kid at night to pray. In all honesty, I do believe that evil spirits can hide under beds to frighten children. >.<
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Kirsten_pax09,

I'm very impressed with your story. I think you are on the right path to building your faith in Christ. I pray you are still on that path.

I can't recall any instance where the Holy Spirit would behave that way. God does not give us a spirit of fear. I'm fairly sure you know the love of God.

I've been around for a while, but I've never heard of Jesus being under anyone's bed, and especially grabbing someone's foot, for any reason. It isn't consistent with the life He lived (lives).

You can pray to have this spirit to leave. You don't have to live with it. It might be a good idea to ask a minister or priest to do a blessing on your home.

I believe your very presence can make a difference, as long as you keep exercising your faith.

The angels ministered to Jesus in the wilderness when Satan came to tempt him. I think we can ask for angels to watch over us as well. ❤
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-16)
I had this happen to me when I was little & I've never forgotten how frightened I was! There was nothing there to grab my ankle, yet it happened just the same! Your story reminded me of that incident.
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
[at] katie100: Oh I would hope it's not the beginnings of Stimata. I mean I know it's considered a big blessing but I wouldn't like to be bleeding from my feet or any part of my body uncontrollably. If I have to manifest a mysterious religious power I hope it's levitation. Hehe, I mean that will probably freak a lot of people out but I wouldn't mind floating and flying. ^.^ It would be kind of cool! 😆
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
Wow that's an amazing story it makes me wonder though if it was really jesus touching your foot I don't think he would let you be afraid in fact I think the moment he would touch you you should feel calm and relaxed knowing that he's there with you... Sometimes bad spirits like to make you loose focus on your thoughts of good if that's the case don't let it scare you keep your faith strong so nothing bad can touch you ever... Thanks for posting your story:)
jordan23 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
I honestly think it's jesus. In the story you talk about how you where thinking about that particular passage in the bible, he could have just wanted you to feel how it was as he did it. You know. Jesus loves everybody & even if you don't believe in him he still loves you.
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
ever heard of stigmata? Its when you are devoted so much to jesus and he actually starts to make himself known, maybe this is it? Xx
Jj554 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Could be. I'd just let it go, but keep praying every night. If it happens again, then you should really post it and say what happened, if anything different.
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
[at] AshleyHalliwell: To get sleep paralysis you have to have been asleep and you have to be paralyzed. I was very much awake and I wasn't paralyzed. I didn't feel any pressure on my chest and I wasn't being held down; except the hand grabbing my foot. I moved so fast pulling my foot out of that hand's gasp. And I couldn't have been hallucinating because the grabbing occurred under the blankets and sheets so I never saw the hand. And I could also talk if I wanted too.

It could have been a devilish spirit who knew what I had been thinking of earlier that day. Maybe it decided to make fun of my belief in Christ. Even though my Mom didn't believe me the next morning she did mentioned something far more disturbing then just a demon. She suggested how my own father is an adulterous man and that was why they had an unhappy marriage. I don't think he would ever direct an lecherous attack like that on his own daughter.

Could there be a lustful residual presence left behind from him? I was sleeping on his side of the bed. Maybe my Mom is just be vicious because of their break up and his cheating? The idea creeps me out even more then if it was the Devil. If that's true then maybe God removed him from the home for everyone welfare. 😢 However I used to sleep on his side of the bed a lot and I was never attacked like that before.

It could have also something to do with a friend of mine. One of my friends played with a Ouija Board all the time. I never touched her board myself, but I use to spend the night over her house frequently in highschool and we'd talk about some guy she met on her Ouija Board. She told me he was trying to woo her and how he was telling her these romantic things about how he loved her and wanted to be close to her. When she was telling me this I told her to be careful because he could be a demon trying to deceive and possess her. If he really was always around her, he could have over heard me and followed me home to make trouble for me. That could be it?
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Thanks for sharing. I think it must have been somewhat "sleep paralyisis." I agree with AshleyHalliwell.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
I'm not trying to discredit your story here, but there is a thing called sleep paralyisis that this could be. It's when your really stressed (which could be caused from your parents seperation) and you sleep on your back. You can't move for a little bit and sometimes people experiance halucination.

If it wasn't sleep paralysis then it could've been a demon or the devil. I'm not a christian so I don't know very much of the religion, but my friend is a very devout Christian and she's always saying how the devil is sneaky and a trickster so that could be it.
freakb345 (6 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
honestly I don't know what was that but your story was very intrestingso googd job and also scary at the smae time so bye I gotta go
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
As a catholic when I first read your message I was very interested, I think that your story is very interesting. I am not that sure what to say about it...
slashes86 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
I'm not sure what I think about that. All evidence makes me believe it was Jesus. On the other hand, the presence of Him should have been a calming and peaceful experience and should not have frightened you. I would advise you to just be careful since Satan is the king of lies and deceit and he knows the Bible well as he is a fallen angel. Satan loves to trick us into believing the wrong things so that we will unknowingly follow him. Pray to God and ask for peace and clarity. Ask the Lord to protect you and if something like that ever happens again just pray for strength and for Him to take away your fear. Sorry if that's not much help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: