You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was That Your Sister?

Real Ghost Stories

Was That Your Sister?

 

I have always been interested in a person's personal paranormal experiences, and have always been intrigued with "Ghosts." The personal experience I am about to share was one that just confirmed what I already suspected.

I was eleven years old when I invited my friend, Janna, to spend the night at my house. "If you do anything to scare me I promise I will call my parents to pick me up, no matter what time it is," she had told me a few hours before she came over.

We had basically spent the night talking about school and people. Nothing interesting happened until it was about 1:00 A.M. In the morning and we were in my room, still talking. I kept looking at my bedroom door because every time I would look at it, it seemed to be opening more. I didn't tell Janna about it because I thought it would freak her out, and she would leave. So a knot kept pulling tighter and tighter in my stomach until we finally fell asleep around 2:00 A.M.

My room was set up so my twin bed would be positioned almost perfectly aligned with my bedroom door. The chair Janna had insisted on sleeping on was also perfectly aligned with the door, so both of us had the perfect view of my bathroom. (Which was located across from my room.)

I woke up and looked at my clock, which read 3:18 A.M. My eyes casually looked around my room, but when they got to the front of my room, I noticed my door was wide open. The bathroom was lit up in an orange-reddish light. (We had an air-freshener that had a night lite on it.) I broke out in a cold sweat and my heart started beating so hard and fast, I was almost sure it was audible.

Coming towards my room from the bathroom was a young girl who looked about my age. She was dressed in a tattered, white night gown and had long, dark hair hanging in front of her face. (Picture the girl from the ring.) I didn't wake Janna up for two reasons. Reason number one was because I didn't want to freak her out. Reason number two was because I didn't want to move, or it was more like I couldn't move. I hid under the covers, and eventually fell asleep.

The next morning after Janna and I woke up I asked her if she saw anything unusual last night around 3:00 A.M. She looked at me and said, "Oh, I saw your sister in the bathroom. I think she was trying to scare us, but I just ignored her." The scary part was that I absolutely KNEW it wasn't my sister.

To this day I have never seen the girl again, but the next 3 nights I had a dream, the same one every night, that always resulted in me waking up at 3:18 A.M. I will post a story about that very soon. Please feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by MickeyMalice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MickeyMalice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I have read all of your posts and I believe that something could have happened at the time you keep waking up. Usually it would be most paranormal at three o'clock, or the time the person died in the house. Good luck to you, I hope you find the answers you need. 😊
Blackrose13 (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
That is CREEPY! I would die of fright if I saw someone resembling Samara in my bathroom! 😨 Anyways great story!
ghostgirl1029 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
I also agree with Tabi and girlie. Find the history of the house. It always starts out with no one beliving you and then they see it there self and freak. Then you end up moving again try going through some really old news papers like from the 1800's - 1900's maybe there is a umm what's it called obituary and it has the little girl but for now try putting holy water in the bath room and in your room were the most activity is. Try saying a prayer before you go to bed every night hopefully she stops for awhile. ❤ ghostgirl1029
Ps I'm not really a ghost I'm just really intrested in them.
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
All I know about the house is That only one person lived in it before us... And as far as my parents no No one died in the house.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
I agree with Tabi. You need to look into the history of the house. That girl could have died in that bathroom at 3:18am.
GIRLIE ❤
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
that's a brilliant story. Do you have any history of that house? Any idea who it could have been?
Weird how your friend thought it was your sister...
❤tabi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: