You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Darkman Exists

Real Ghost Stories

The Darkman Exists

 

I was 8 or 9 living with my aunt and uncle and their kids in Daly City, Ca. My room was downstairs and I hated it down there, it was creepy.

One night, about 1am I woke to see a darkman standing in my doorway, I could not move scream or anything, except sweat my little butt off and listen to my heart banging in my chest. He stood there not too long. I closed my eyes and then opened them again, he was not standing in the doorway anymore, but in fact he was lying next to my bed and breathing hard and loud. If I hadn't gone to the bathroom before bed I probably would have wet myself.

I told a friend and she went and told our teacher, well the teacher called my aunt and told her I was "disturbed". I went to see a shrink they found me to be "normal" but then again I never told them what I saw.

I moved in with my Grandma a couple of years later, then my aunt's kids started to hear the darkman walk up and down the stairs listened to him in the next room where my middle cousin use to sleep before going into the navy.

The youngest cousin would hear him in the next room snoring, moving about and even stood in front of her doorway. Then many years later, my cousins were all grown up, but one of her son's with his family came to live with her. They all experienced it.

One night I had a dream of the darkman, he was holding my little second cousin in the garage, he wanted me back, and I agreed to go back if he would let my little cousin go. End of dream... I called my aunt to warn her something may happen I told her about my dream.

My little cousin told her about the same dream earlier that morning. So, does the DARKMAN EXIST? HELL YES AND IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE, THEN YOU HAVEN'T GONE THROUGH IT...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stevenavarette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stevenavarette (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
aurorarosa: shadow man what is this? When I was little I only knew it by "the darkman" and I have heard many others call it the same. What is the difference?
stevenavarette (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
thank you for your comments. Swtnyx, when it was laying next to my bed all I heard was it breathing, I couldn't do anything, I was frozen with fear, sweating, and listening to my heart banging in my chest, but after the white spirit came I don't remember seeing it again. But I tell you, my grandma got this holder that held holy water, I had it placed on my window sill and one night it was knocked off. And the next morning, well it was cover with some sort of white thick dust. You know swtnyx: I went back a few times, nothing ever happened but I always felt sick to my stomach and would not feel well at all. You know my aunt died in the basement of a heart attack, maybe she saw it.
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Wow scary!😨 So did anything happen after that? Did you go back there? Also what happened when he came close to your bed? Anxiously waiting! 😊
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
sounds like he could be a shadow man...
I have a couple of shadow men in my house, but I am on good terms with them they have never done something like this.
Maybe you should try to get in touch with this guy, although that might not be a good idea if you think he's hostile.
When you get in touch with a spirit you acnowlage its existance, which is like giving it permission to do stuff. But you can't ask it to stop if you are pretending it isn't there. Maybe you could try a smudging? I've heard others talking about that on this website. I think it has to do with burning fragrances, but I don't have the details.
Or you could talk to someone religious about maybe doing an exorcism, except that I've never heard of one for a shadow man. They're usually done for polterguiests or demons. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. Just use your best judgement and I'm sure you can get through this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: