You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dream Of A Funeral That Turned Demonic

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Of A Funeral That Turned Demonic

 

The other night I went to bed at about 1am and fell asleep soon after. I dreamt I was walking through this creepy cemetery near my house. Everything in the cemetery was as it is in real life except that there weren't as many trees. I heard chanting and saw a funeral service. The priest and mourners were blurred and seemed to be fading in and out of visibility. The chanting sounded like the Latin burial rites (although I don't know for sure because I neither speak Latin nor am a Catholic). I walked along the path a little way and then said out loud (in the dream) "How is there a funeral? This cemetery was closed for burial before I was born". Then I looked back at the funeral and the priest had this demonic grin and the mourners were chanting profanity very fast in unnatural voices. I ran out of the cemetery and then I woke up.

The next day I went to the cemetery and stood about where I was when I first heard the funeral, looked towards about where it was and saw the exact same grave except it was older and there was a tree next to it. I wrote down the inscription on the grave and hope to find out more about this person.

I am open to suggestions as to why I might have had this dream and what it could mean.

Other hauntings by LordOfDarkeningShadows

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordOfDarkeningShadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Again I agree with others who have left comments, try research a little, unless you feel too uneasy with it, but also please post what names/inscriptions and details no matter how insignificant they may seem 😊

I can understand all too well how some dreams can leave you feeling absolutely horrible, I have nightmares often and had them for about a week or two every night straight until they stopped about 3 days ago.

Investigate dreams as they may help you realize things, like either being stressed about something you didn't think you were that stressed about and then you can just work on that and eventually nightmares may stop whether paranormal or not I think you should research a little 😊
Kia (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
It may also just be a creepy / freaky dream!
Anyway, if you have the dream again or anything else paranormal happens, then you should probably do something about it if it's bothering you.
Kia (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
That is a very interesting story.
I often have visions of things or have strange dreams and most of the time I can figure out what they mean.

I believe that this may be some sort of spirit messing with you.

For starters, does the inscription on the grave stone mean anything to you? Sometimes these dreams can be trying to tell us something. Like something we need to do or something we (or someone else) have done that we need to fix.

On the other hand this could be a warning or the spirit may want help. They might have been murdered or something.

I would suggest that if you don't want any further dreams or contact with this spirit than don't investigate it.

Anyway, hope this helps! 😊
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I agree with cosmogal926. I also agree with SpiritMagnet. The site cosmogal926 gave is very helpful.
LordOfDarkeningShadows (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
I forgot to mention in my story that the cemetery has a reputation for being haunted by some malevolent spirits.
Malavon (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
My friend this might be only a dream. On the other hand it might be a demonic attack. Consider this that a demon can give you pictures that truly exist even if you never saw them just because they want to add some mystery without reason and put you to their game. This game is a game where you always keep thinking of these demons and then you keep seeing these frightening dreams with other true pictures like graves,paints,letters,numbers etc. You will decide if you will search farther. Trust your instinct and have faith dear friend.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Did you research the inscription? What did the inscription say? Pehaps someone on the site can assist. Is this the first and/or only experience you have had of this nature?

God Bless!
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
We all have dreams and nightmares from time to time and some mean nothing or barely anything at all. However saying that there are some that have a lot of meaning. Did you recognise any of the people in the dream? Maybe your mind is playing with you, expecially if you've been thinking about death recently or had some experiences. I think you should do the research but do not persue it too far, unless it re occurs for many nights. I hope that helps, Take care.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
I am famous for having crazy nightmares. My husband will often ask me in the morning, "What the hell were you dreaming about last night"? I tend to call out his name, yell, and fight in my sleep. When I have a nightmare that I can't shake I will often go to this website www.dreammoods.com. This site can help you interpret your dream. A lot of times I find the definitions of what I dreamt about pertain a lot to what is going on in my life. Maybe it can help you too.
Take care 😊
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
well I'm no expert but maybe the person who was buried there feels disrespected somehow and was trying to express that. Or it just could have been a whacky nightmare. I agree with spiritmagnet, NEVER under any circumstances go to bed with a sugar high.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Well, it could mean a few things. Either you had chocolate before you went to bed (which if I do I have some CRAZY nightmares) or the person in that grave was trying to reach out to you. Could be alright, but I doubt it. I would do a bit of digging on the person, but don't get too close. The demonic face would be a deterrent for me. Just please be careful, no matter what you decide to do. Again, I would not pursue it if it was me.

Blessed be

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: