You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scratching And Growling

Real Ghost Stories

Scratching And Growling

 

I was watching a movie with the rest of the family however I found it rather tacky film and half way through, I decided to go downstairs and go on my computer, while the rest of continued to watch the film. I sat there on my computer when I heard growling and scratching coming from the corner of the basement. It sounded like 'something' was trying to get in.

I ignored it and put it down to the movie. But it went on for like an hour. I was starting to get a little bit creeped out. I checked through my basement. Nobody was down here. No music playing or anything. I went upstairs also, still hearing the scratching and growling coming from downstairs. I looked at the T.V and it was not a violent scene or anything.

I thought it might have been in my mind playing tricks on me. But ever since then, my friends have been pinched horribly to the point were they cry. I have heard my name called as well. My mom knows that I can talk to them and see them she has told me not to mess with whatever it is.

I talked to my friend, Alex, about what had happened. He said that a few weeks ago he heard the same sounds coming form the woods. I was surprised!

I did not know what to think.

Do I have ghosts that are harmful or are they just my mind playing tricks on me?

Please comment answers on this.

Other hauntings by MediumColette

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MediumColette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

peace (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
you should check the history of your house if you are interested in these not normal experiences.
Or if you are very frightened which I wouldn't be, I would sprinkle holy water on the floor and salt:] good luck
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
A very interesting story. If I were you I would protect you and your family. Put up crosses and holy water. Pray to god to protect every one, and for help, every night. Ask a priest what you should you, any thing like that might help...
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
You are probably a sensitive which means that, whether you like it or not, spirits are going to find you and try to communicate with you. This spirit is obviously not a very nice one, however. Being a sensitive you should have a strong aura and you should be pretty strong in spirit. Try to command it to leave. If that doesn't work then you could try to get someone to exercise it or bless your house. I hope that it doesn't try to hurt you!

Oh and if you can't do either of those things then you could try to cleanse the house yourself. What you do is take some sage, light it, and then smudge it. What I mean by that is go through the house and get the smoke in every conner of every room while commanding the spirit to leave. Its never failed me. If you can't get your hands on sage then you could try a regular candle or incense though I'm not sure if those would work, but hey it's worth a try, right?
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Whether you try not to mess with it or not may not stop it from messing with you and your friends. Definitely start tossing around salt in that basement and maybe some holy water in the form of a cross and call on God to drive away any evil spirits that maybe invading your home? If not properly dealt with it might continue and do other disturbances. You should be on your guard.

The pinching could be bugs or ticks biting? Try cleaning up the basement just encase. If you have carpet wash the carpet with a good bug and flea killing detergent. If it's cement try cleaning the floor with a little bleach and water. Cleaning cement pavement with a little bleach and water can drive away lots of wicked spirits.

It can even cause shady neighbors to want to move away. I tried that in my front and back porch and the drive way and a certain trouble maker drug dealer that lived next door ended up moving away a month later. 😆 It was great! But keep pets out of the basement when using bleach. And make sure there's plenty of ventilation for it to air out. It can really upset pets and irritate our breathing and eyes. God bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: