You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 1, 2 Buckle My Shoe, 3, 4, Shut The Door

Real Ghost Stories

1, 2 Buckle My Shoe, 3, 4, Shut The Door

 

When I was young I used to move around a lot. I used to, as my mother put it, "Strive for attention" from stupid things. That's what she categorized this as.

At about the age of 10 when we first moved into the old house I had never had a paranormal experience. I had seen shows and read books about things like that but they never happened to me so I thought that they were mostly made up. My room was on the third floor. There were three floors in this house. My mother and younger sister had their rooms on the second floor but to be difficult I decided that I wanted to sleep alone on the third floor.

One night while I was sitting in my room reading a book I thought I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye. I shrugged it off because this house was old so I thought it was just the place I was in playing tricks on me. The shadow didn't move and I still ignored it. When my older brother came home from collage I let him sleep in my room with me because I kept seeing the shadow but I wanted to be brave and sleep in my own room. A couple nights into his break home from collage I woke up to music. It sounded like a little child singing "One, Two buckle my shoe, Three, Four, shut the door" a soft giggle then there was a soft click and the bathroom door had shut. I quickly scrambled into bed with my brother who looked at me. He had been up listening to the whole thing. I remember asking him...

"Adam what was that?" and him answering "Rin I don't know just stay with me and we will be fine" We both sat there shaking.

The next morning my mother was sitting at the kitchen table when we came bolting down the stairs. I launched into the whole story and my mother laughed.

"Rinny Bear"

She said softly touching my face,

"Honey it was all in your imagination"

My brother shook his head and told my mom that it wasn't just me hearing this. She sighed and sent us on our way thinking that he was helping me get some attention. She ignored it until one night we were all sitting in the kitchen eating dinner. We were sitting there and all of a sudden there was giggling going on in my little sister's room. Then there were footsteps and more laughing.

My mom went up stairs to check and there was no one there. She insisted that it was all our imaginations and continued to ignore it until about a year after we moved into the house. No one had been harmed but since she was watching Anna and I and trying to hold down a job she sold the house.

The people that bought it turned out to know who lived there before us. In the late 1800's there used to be a family that lived there that had 9 kids. The two youngest girls died there one after the other due to disease. We haven't been back to the house since but we haven't had anymore paranormal experiences since then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rinnx0, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Callme15 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-11)
That reminds me the story of my grandmother. The cemetery is just behind their house. My grandmother is sleeping, and she heard someone saying "mama". She woke up, listened, thinking its her children because she has 2 daughters and 1 son, but all is asleep. She ignored it. Then, they built another house at the same compound because their first house is ruined. Tricycle drivers asked my aunt who is the girl in white long dress in their abandoned house and she said no one lives there. Anyways, your story is good and I kept hearing whispers I couldn't make out when I'm alone and it totally creeps me out.
God bless you,
Lynne
Querent (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
Well you could burn sage in the house, hopefully you're not allergic and do like a smoke cleansing. It minimizes disturbances and makes you feel more at ease. Sometimes changing up the atmosphere a bit can create a huge difference.

The counting bit does remind me of A Nightmare On Elm Street though.
okiedokie (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Rin, it is always the others that will laugh, etc. Call you wacko, etc. Obviously this child is not intending any harm as she is playing, etc. My wife and I had encounters with a child like ghost in a former house we had. I had seen him several times and kept it to myself even from the wife. One evening, something brought the subject up, funny my wife was describing the same thing even though I had not share it with her. We were in a private area talking, then my 5th grade son came by. He asked what we were talking about-we replied nothing. Then he said are you talking about the boy? We asked what do you mean-he replied 'you know the one that says he prayer beside my bed every night'. Enough said.
littleperson13 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
I've never heard anything like that! Interesting! Youre probaly lucky you got out of there!
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Ugh, stories involving children give me the creeps. There is just something that is EXTRA creepy about hearing a child without an explanation.

You have a story that backs up what you have heard. You've had multiple experiences. What are your thoughts on it?

Keep it real,

Slenderman
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-05)
Hi, Hope you don't mind me asking if it could of been a doll making that noise in your sisters room? Maybe she left it on by accident? I had a doll that would cry, 'Mommy mommy mommy' freaked me out! Great story though! ❤
Dee_cat (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
That's so creepy! We have a couple houses in my town that people have experienced the same thing!
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
That's a very interesting story! It's cool that your brother also experianced that with you just so you wernt alone. I'm glad you shared your story 😁
Sariel (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
Ohh I always here that kind of stuff mostly crying and sometimes even growling it scares me shiatless but I guess it's not out to harm me but anyway good luck with all that 😕
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
It is pretty spooky... I liked it. One of my cuzin experianced as same as your story but her house wasn't haunted... 😐
kaiser24 (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
I had heard a story like this before, I think it's pretty scary...whoa...I don't want to be part of this either... 😢
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
wow this story could easily be made into a movie!
Haha
The song the girl was singing... That's creepy DX
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
Darn creepy, not even funny. Hate when these things happen to some of us who have been spooked. Makes me wonder is it the devil, ghost, spirit, and etc. 😢
rhyan790 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
For some reason I thought that was some real load of bull shiat? Ghost counting? But what the hell, could have happened. The house I grew up in Nevada had noises from the stairs I think like someone walking back and forth up and down. One morning my dad mentioned before I went to school he saw an old women in white walking and roaming the stairs. Pretty scary. 😨
Eclypse_Nightshade (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Wow! Sounds interesting!O.O Though I myself would proubly sit there ridgid for hours. I just sit there listening stiff to see if I heard the noise again... Totally freaked... 😨
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I believe there are many spirits or ghosts among us.

I was visiting my father's home and had gone out to the porch to get some fresh air.
I sat there for several minutes listening to the crickets, then, I heard the cry of a very small child. It was coming from across the street. The lot across the street was empty, no house stood there.

I told my father about it. He said the house across the street had burned down and a baby had died, that it was the crying of the deceased baby I was hearing.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
Hipboy...It can be a GUARDIAN...or May be DEVIL reciding your place...just wanted to tell you...be aware...please my friend go to church...and tie a HOLY CROSS and also take Rosemary...
And do tell me what happened next
God bless you ❤ 😁
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
Mystia...i think they want your attention...they want your help...try to figure out the past of your place...like about deaths and how they died...maybe it get some help for you...and try to know more about it...and then I think you should help them...maybe you are gifted a PARANORMAL See-er...

God bless you ❤
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
You are lucky you are ESCAPED...my friend you know...those 9 children would have been active after seeing you 3 children as you were also small...at that time...god knows what's all this about but according to me...its all about UNSATISFIED SMALL CHILDREN SPIRITS.

God bless you dear ❤
mystia (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I've heard a little girls voice say
"mama" loud and clear and no one was there.
Its happened a few times.
I've also heard a Male voice say
"she didn't see us" look at her".
I live in rural country on several acres
Of land. It gets interesting and spooky
Out here.
Hipboy125 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
sometimes I hear whspers in my room. Once the voices told me about the death of my relative a day before he died, he also warned me of 9/11, chernobyl, and such. He scares the crap outta me.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Great story, I have no doubt this is true. When people die (this is a guess) they must still have a connection with life, like they enjoyed it or had strong bonds with people there. Obviously they don't want to pass on for a reason, but there are to many to list.

Life and death rule!
The Alone One.
lovindaparanormal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
A great read. I've had experiences like this too. Thanks for sharing yours.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
Great Story Rin, thanks for sharing, 😐 I had the same expirience about a little girl crying at night, but when I told the story to my family the crying stop and I never heard of it since then...

Ginko the Mushi Expert
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
You know what's funny? My family has always had strange things happen around them and some of them insist that nothing is truely happening! 😕 Your Mom really must be a skeptic! One family member of mine actually got touched by something not there and she still refuses to admit it was paranormal. Another experienced a flying container, but she doesn't think it was strange!?! Go figure... I hope you have more luck in witnesses in the future 😉 Great story, Aloha - 4d.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Scary. My great grandmother lived in my house and had 8 chilren. None died of a dises in the house thought. Have a nice Haunt.
GIRLIE 😆
Rinnx0 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Yeah it is kind of scary. I actualy have one my friend wanted me to post about her but I don't know. It was so scary expecially when my mom like believed me after so long I was like wow this isn't just in my head
Bloodychick101 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
I remember my friend having an experience like this in her old house. The ghost of a little girl would visit her sometimes and just sit there and giggle. I first thought my friend was just lying to me but her big sister said it was all true because she saw the little girl too. 😨
Gizzlight (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
That's really scary! I had one like this but well I hope my story gets published so you guys can read it! It's called Sally, the little girl or the weeping girl I can't remember! Your story is really cool! And freaky! That happened to me but I heard a girl crying once when I as 11. Here and there through out the years I've heard stuff and seen stuff. My mom sais it was my hge crazy imagination. But one night I heard a girl crying in my closet. I sat up and listened harder. The crying stopped and there was shuffling in the closet. I burst up and ran out of the room and into the living room where I stayed up all night!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: