You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Basement Fright

Real Ghost Stories

Basement Fright

 

My name is Ligia and I had quite a fright tonight! I was having a normal evening of movies and dinner in bed, is there anything better! I have to say I love the paranormal, I always have. But I have never seen anything until tonight!

I often read the stories on here and I always wondered what it was like to really see something, now I know. It takes a lot to scare me I am used to feeling like I am being watched and I do believe strongly in the afterlife. That being said I will begin my story...

I was in the basement alone on my bed everyone else was sleeping as usual. I am the night owl in the house. I got up to get my clothes out of the dryer and started folding them to have them ready for the morning, all was well I was singing a tune in my head, when I got a strange feeling. I turned to my left... That's when I saw it, the creature was like three steps away from me behind a shirt that was hanging in the basement, it stared right at me, it wasn't very tall well I am 5"4 it was my eye level, in a second it was gone.

It was brown but it had holes in it, I mean you could see right through it and I saw its hand with its long claw like fingers. It startled me for sure and I gasped and just like that it was gone... Or so I thought. Since I am very interested in the unknown and the unseen, I foolishly asked who's there. I guess that wasn't to smart... A minute later I heard rapid whispering in my ear... And my ear tingled... That's when I really got a bit scared!

The voice was a male voice and I could not tell what it said, it did however not sound too friendly!

I am open to suggestions...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lovedaniel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
lovedaniel,

Here you can try try this... I use it for my home...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
well I haven't seen this creature ever sense that night. But I will say that things in my life have gone downhill ever sense. My marriage ended and sorrow has been following me ever as me... I think I need some idea of what it is, and maybe to cleanse myself of it? Somehow... Any advice is appreciated...
thanks for listening... Always ligia ❤
Stuss217 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Hey one of my neighbours had a similar experience of seeing some gray or brown creature like you described. As I haven't seen it so I don't know how much it actually resembles but I have heard from her about it.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
have you had anymore experiences since this post? I'm curious on what has happend, if you were able to get rid of it, or if it just went away on it's own.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
First of all I'm terrified of basements second of all, I'm not the person to say demon to every ghost experience so I'll just say it doesn't sound happy and I as well have heard rapid whispers in my ear before which had scared me out of my seat but anyways all I can say is if it happens again ignore it or Tell it to go away in the name of Jesus Christ, take care, Katherine...
SFE11795 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
That, to me sounds like a demon, reason being because of the appearance and the not sounding too friendly.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
Wow... Where at in Illinois? I grew up in Algonquin, Illinois. There can be some creepy things in the Midwest, especially in the rural areas. Best of luck to you!
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
to elmer123 I have recently just watched those videos on you tube about the lady who went to hell for 40 days and heaven for 10...
can you please write to me about this subject more. Thank you so much lig
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
😊 reminds me of the short movie shadow sitting on there feet xD nice story...
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
That is freaky and thank you for posting it. I have sort of had an experience like this before except it had tiny holes and it was a shade of Grey.

Princess123 x ❤
Rox0408 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
i have actually had something like this happen to me. I was in the seventh grade and I was sleeping over at my friend Jen's house. We were into the paranormal, spells, all that good stuff. So that night she was on the computer and I was watching queen of the damned. We were in her basement. Then I heard growling in my ear. I turned around and didn't see anything. I asked jen if she heard anything and she said no. So I just ignored it and payed attention to the movie again. Then it started up again. This time I heard breathing and I felt something touch me. I got up so fast and told jen we needed to get out of the basement. We didn't go back down there for a long time in a day or so. But from what I hear from our experiences and other friends, her house has always been haunted. Well all in all, I hope everything is going well for ya. 😊 Roxie
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
Hi, This is what I think it was.
It's Hollowen and a black man put on an alian like costum. He gets shot or the holes were part of the costum. Then dies in the basement. And you saw him. Even if its not Hollowen.
GIRLIE ❤
Elmer123 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Well I have heard about that kind of demon when I read the book "the divine revelation of hell" that is so scary though, you might want to get some help if its still in your house, or you and your family could get seriously hurt. Good luck, and pray (:
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
It's probably a demon,
Well, all I suggest is if you have any idols in your house or your or any idol you own or whatever you call it, get rid of it, and I say REMOVE, DESTROY, or whatever you call it, why? It's because they attract demons, yes idols attract demons, even the idols of catholics, etc...

Oh and try reading the Bible, I don't mean to turn you religious or something, but it has parts where demons are mentioned and banished,

I hope this helps,,,, 😊
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
thanks for the comments and advice guys... I am hoping to have a more peaceful evening tonight down here all alone...
I will look in to buying some crosses. 😁
hitman8459 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Wow that is madd scary... If that was me I would shiat myself. Haha... I like to read stories but if anything like that happened to me I don't know what I would do... Id be indeced into like a heart attack or go into shock =p
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
freaky! Brown with holes in it? You mean, like a sponge?
Well, I hate to lecture, but if you talk to a spirit it's like you're giving it permission to interact with you. I can see why you did, though. Probably I would ahve talked to it if I had been there.
It can be tricky to tell right off the bat whether something is nice or not. Look at it this way. A demon has a reason to dress up as an angel, but an angel has no reason to dress up as a demon. Sorry to say, but if it doesn't look very nice it probably isn't. Of course, I could be wrong, but then again you might want to be on your guard.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
oh wow! What I would do is but crosses everywhere, and but holy water in every inch of the the basement and other rooms, also if you ever see the monster again, just say loud, clear, and firm,:in the name of jesus christ be gone from this house! I REALLY hope this helps you. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: