You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Red Velvet Envelope

Real Ghost Stories

Red Velvet Envelope

 

It's been long time since I experienced unexplained things again since my boy friend died (for those who read my first two stories "my lover and one last smile" you will know how these unexplained things begin). For almost 5 years now I didn't expect this thing anymore I thought he was already in rest and peace. I could move on and continue my life but what I was thinking is wrong...

Well I begin this story by introducing Noel my boy friend for almost six years until the tragic incident happened (see 'my lover' to know the incident). The day he died was the worst day I ever experience. At first I thought I could never recover. I found it very hard to accept the reality that Noel was gone for ever. I carried that heavy load for almost two years until I meet Chester who helped me accept that Noel was gone and I had to face a life without him.

Chester become a good friend of mine and after sometime of being close the feeling grew inside of me without knowing I was deeply in love with him and he felt the same way too. After 6 months of dating we become lovers and June 30th of this year we have decided to get married.

A month before, I was in my room reading an old book when my cell phone rang. The phone did not register any number but ringing, so I answered the phone and I said hello. There was no answer just deep breathing... I noticed that the person on the other end seemed to be crying so I said hello again but no answer. Thinking that it was only a joke I decided to drop the call but then I heard a male voice talk and what he said made all my hair stand. I don't know why but I just had this feeling that it was not normal.

The man said in a deep scary voice "forget me already Mahal?" Mahal is the pet name Noels gave to me and he was the only person who called me that. After that my head seemed so heavy with many question playing in my mind. Was it him or some else and if it was him what does he want to tell me? He doesn't want me to get married or it was just a wrong call not meant for me?

Ok that was not the climax of the story June 12 2009 Friday at 2:30 in the afternoon. I heard a knock on my door and when I looked outside it was a delivery man with two dozen long stick dark red roses and a small box addressed to me. I signed the paper and accepted the package there was no name to indicate where these roses had come from. I though they were from Chester because he was the only person who would do such thing for me. I put the flowers on the table and opened the box, after I removed the gift wrapper I saw a card stick on the box it said "I was planning it for so long I guess this is the right time to ask you". Still no clue what all of this was about I opened the box and inside the box there was a small red velvet envelope with words written in gold "Will you marry me Mahal," And bellow those words said "from ENG".

I dropped the envelope and cried like a baby. I felt I was going to loss my mind. "Eng" was my pet name for Noel.

How could my dead boyfriend who has been dead for 5 years send me something and ask me to marry now?

.

I returned to my normal self after an hour with many questions in my mind. I looked at the calendar it was June 12, our 10th year anniversary if he was still alive. He planed it all along; prepared all those things while he was alive. I picked up the red envelope of the floor and looked inside and found a white gold ring with red ruby and white little stone around it.

I postponed my weeding but didn't tell Chester or anyone else what happened I kept it a secret.

I just told everyone I was not ready and I needed more time to think.

Chester is a good man and he understands. Now I was writing here sharing my experience. I know this is not a scary ghost story but its really nice evidence that true love really remains even after death comes.

I still wonder until now how those flowers and ring were sent to me if the person who sent them was already dead for long time.

Well I guess nothing is impossible today. Thank you for reading...

-Michelle-

Other hauntings by marchelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marchelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Joremjas (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
I guess before your boyfriend died, he already talked to the Flower Shop to deliver flowers for you on your 10th anniversary.;p
spicynoodles (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
I think you should try considering looking or knowing people who knew all the details about your relationship with your past boyfriend. Since it is unhealthy to keep on clinging to the lost one. We need to keep on moving and continue with out life.

Regarding the phone call, I believe that this could happen since, it happened to my aunt long tie ago where their mum (my grandmother), was heard talking to my auntie on the phone and it was recorded that she will be coming back.

With the other events, try to consider conspiracy theory.

😊
TheMystery008 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
I thought Noel died on October 2006? If you wrote this on June 2009, then he isn't dead for almost five years.

Just saying.
Ronove34 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
I guess your boyfriend cannot accept that he's been replace by chester so he did something about it like doing paranormal things just incase that you didn't forget about him. (I'me very sorry for you lost) 😢
eyelovehotdogs (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
I'm not saying that your story is not true but, I've seen a movie that was a little bit similar to that by Hilary Swank. On the story, her husband died and keep receiving letters from him. In the end, it was her mother who keeps sending the letters that her husband wrote. Anyways, nice story!
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
I had the experience when I was 14yrs old of answering our home phone after my father died when I said Hello, his voice very clearly said " It's ok Pen I'm watching over things." I dropped the phone and ran to tell my mom. She then told me of a experience she had with him a month or so earlier. So yea I believe 100% that our loved ones can communicate with us and do look after us even after they pass over. Also it has been proven by many paranormal researchers that spirits are PURE ENERGY and they can draw on that to manifest themselves to us. Like tv, telephone, radio etc. Every see the movie White Noise? Yep pretty much like that.
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
What a lovely read, It is along the lines of a film called PS I love you which was just as beatuiful as your story. I wish you all the best with Chester
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
I think I agree with Pandore on this one... The film has to be PS ILU...!

Regards
Logan
peace (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
i am very truley sorry for your loss it comes from my heart. My cousin commited suicide for his passed away love. I am VERY happy you are not depressed and understad you have to move on. I wish you and chester a lot of luck.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
I agree with Surya, I think it was a set up delivery, 😊 Onee -chan (Tranlate as Big Sister in japanese) good luck to you and chester... And thanks for sharing this Great Story...
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Dear Marchelle,

Don't you think that Noel would want you to be happy in your life? As a Christian I would question the motive of the spirit that is disguising itself as Noel. Well I hope you marry Chester and have a beautiful marriage.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
marchelle~ a beautiful story (s) ALL OF THEM! I can honestly say for many years I thought I would never find true love and after several awful, very unhealthy relationships I was fortunate to find 'my mister right' and I thank God every day for sharing him with me; not a day passes I don't. Your story with Noel is beautiful and would it not make you the luckiest woman in the world to find "it" twice? Best of luck to you and your new beau.

Surya~ is the film "P.S. I love You"?

God Bless, B~
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Well Autumn this is very interesting story and one discussion I would certainly like to have with you. See on the other side, lady as your input would be appreciated.

Surya
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Wow amazing story, I wonder if it was possible that it was a phone call from Noel on the other side.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
A phone call from the dead is usually heavy breathing, crying, and static. So all these stories must means there are phones on the other side.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Let me tell you a bit of a story.

I was about fifteen when I was secretly dating a man (yep, not at all the smartest thing I, nor this man had done) that my parents told me to stay away from. He was legally an adult, but in our eyes, we were "made for each other". Turns out he was a mite psychotic and spent many a night sleeping beneath my bedroom window, unknown to me at the time.
To save time, and to not bore with all the unnecessary points to the story, we broke up and "promised" each other that we would get back together when I had reached an appropriate age, and my parents were a bit more forgiving of him.
After I married my life partner, and after the birth of our first child, I received a package of a beautiful card, a dozen red roses and a velvet box that contained the engagement ring that had once been mine all those years ago.
Truth be told, I thought it was in congratulations of the child, and in letting go of the past. I searched, and searched until I finally located his mother and paid a visit letting her know that I would like to thank him personally.
With tears in her eyes, she gave me an address and a PLOT number...
He had passed several years previous, and the florist had the goods delivered as per his instructions on my 25th birthday (it was all in something that my Father had threatened him with that I was unaware of).
So, I HAVE to agree with Surya.
Perhaps it WAS previously set up. I would go and check things out with the florist shop. Their name has to be somewhere either on a sticker of the box, or stamped inside or somewhere.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Interesting story. I am sure I saw a film where this happened.

The easiest explaination here and probably the only one is Noel obviously pre-planned all this, so 10 years did you say, to the day, he had arranged through a flourist for you to get a delivery of rose, an envelope with the ring in it. Really sweet. Good heavens I cannot remember the name of the film I saw it in. When I remember I will let you know.

However I really cannot explain the phone call.

Anyhows, it must be comforting to know that Chester is so understanding.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: