You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Execution Funeral Procession Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Execution Funeral Procession Hauntings

 

With my Mom's permission I am submitting a haunting she experienced as child. This is her story.

When I was around three years old in 1951, I would go to sleep every night around 9:00 PM as did everyone else in the house. This would happen at my Grandparent's home on Eldorado St., Pacoima, Los Angeles, California. My parents had broken up and so I went to live with my Grandparents who had just moved down to Southern California. There were about eight other relatives living at this new location, my Grandparents, three of my uncles, my mother, my little brother and my baby sister. I was about three years old when these reoccurring hauntings would take place. The house was under renovation and the bedrooms were being remodeled so no one could sleep in them at the time. I slept in the living room on the floor about 20 feet in view of this large old stone fireplace. It was large enough for someone to stand in. Because the Garage was converted into a two bedroom apartment my Mother slept there with my little brother. And my Uncles also slept in the second bedroom. My baby sister slept in my Grandparent's master bedroom, so I was left alone to sleep in the living room. At the time I didn't mind sleeping alone in such a large room. It was a big living room. Everyone in the residence was asleep when it would begin... I would hear a bell jingle from far away and this would wake me up. And I could hear the jingle getting louder and louder as if it was getting closer.

The sound was coming from the kitchen which was behind me where I was laying down with my feet in the direction of the fireplace. I rolled over a little bit to look into the kitchen. I could see under the corner kitchen table and to the right side of the table was the back door that would lead outside. This old door had an old fashion skeleton key hole and I remember directing my view at the door because I could hear the jingle coming from it. Then I saw smoke coming in to the kitchen from the door and it would drop down toward the floor and it started to grow into ghostly forms. I was scared seeing this. I didn't want to scream because I didn't want to scare anyone else in the house. It was the dead of night and this smoke appeared white and began to form into life sized horses and soldiers with medieval armors like knights. And while these ghostly figures formed they were walking or trotting into the kitchen and headed straight into the living room where I was on the floor. I covered my head with my blanket as they came toward me and began lining up their horses in view of me facing the fireplace in the distance. But they were still behind me and I also saw four hooded monks wearing light beige robes.

There were other people among them in this procession and these people stood where the horsed knights stopped and the four monk came around me and positioned themselves at each corner of my quilted bedding and the scariest thing I saw next was what appeared to be an "executioner" type of person wearing a black hood and carrying an Axe at the foot of my bed. The quilt I was laying on strangely turned solid like a bed or a stretcher and these Monks bent down and took hold of each corner of my quilt and lifted me up so that I was being carried. I could see and feel the levitation. I was sweating like crazy and my heart was pounding with fear. I was so scared I was trying to pretend I was asleep and didn't make a move. They started to carry me toward the fireplace. The procession of Knights and the other people followed and the Axe man turned and led the procession, the whole mood was very sad. And they took me into the fireplace but the depth of the hearth became a corridor that seemed like a brick cavern or a long tunnel. And as they proceeded to carry me further into this dark tunnel I was so frightened that I started screaming. I couldn't take it anymore and all of it would disappear and I would end up back in my sleeping area. Everyone in the house would wake up and yell at me for screaming and alarming them.

Now this happened many more times and I was so sick of it emotionally and physically because of the lack of peace. It was happening every night. I don't know if it was a dream or not. It was very real to me. And each time they would take me into the stone tunnel deeper and I would scream and cry. I was exhausted with these episodes and my Grandparents were getting tired of it too. My Mom must have believed me or knew something because she took me to an old witch in a Mexican barrio in Pacoima. She was a Mexican witch and I told the old woman what was happening to me. And she told me that I was being visited by something in the past, and so she was going to help me get rid of it. She put alcohol, herbs and holy water on me and she said some prayers or incantations. But I was still afraid that the hauntings would return, but I got so fed up I decided to not scream anymore.

The last time they took me into the tunnel they actually took me into a tomb. They laid me on something and left me in there and closed the tomb sealing me in. I didn't scream and finally fell asleep and when I woke and I was back in my sleeping area in the living room. But I felt at peace however I was worried I would have the same visitations again as I had every night. But at some point it went away, and my Grandparents moved me into one of the garage bedrooms.

Other hauntings by Kirsten_pax09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kirsten_pax09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
I tend to believe that this could be something coming through to haunt her from a past life. I use to ask my Mom for details on how the Knights looked and what kind of outfits the people wore to get an idea on what country they may be from. And also to get an idea of the date. I wonder sometimes if my Mom could have been one of those Queens who were executed with having their heads chopped off in a past life. How gory... But maybe she did die a horrible death like that? But why would it be important for her to be revisited by that in this life? Why would it linger like that?

[at] DUnknown: My Mom's side of the family were very cruel to her. She says that there may have been some resentment towards her because she looked more like her father who used to beat and even tried to kill her Mother once. They broke up and her Father was never allowed to come around his children after that. But her Mother was also a bad parent. She basically abandoned the kids to be raised by her Grandparents. But the Grandparents were pretty cold hearted as well and my Mom has always been left to fin for herself much of her life. I agree, sleeping on the floor is only fit for a pet dog, not a little 3 year old girl. I read your post to my Mother and she said sadly; "I never thought about it like that before. My family was very disfunctional." 😢
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
It's really a very weird story to happen to a 3 year old girl, sleeping alone especially on the living room without any adults to accompany her. While the adults are comfortably sleeping inside bedrooms, this little 3 year old girl is brave enough to sleep on her own on a very big space.
Good thing you didn't got any trauma due to this manifestations happening every night during those times when you are still small. I hope everything is fine with you now. Be safe and godspeed.

JAM
Rox0408 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
out of everything I have read on this website, this was probably the freakiest. I'm glad they decided to leave your mom alone after a while.
lemonlime675 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
usally when a home is under construction
It distrubs
The entitys that rest there
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Although I see that you will not participate I was courious to know if anyone else in the house ever saw or felt anything strange during this time? Thanks for sharing very interesting story. I had something similar happen to me as a kid.
It reminded me of it.
❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: