You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Down By The River Where Nobody Goes

Real Ghost Stories

Down By The River Where Nobody Goes

 

Me and my friends are really into all of this super natural ghost stuff, so when my mate Susan suggested that we have a ghost night sleepover; Milly and I were SO up for it! We planned it for about a week. We decided that we would sleep over at my house.

On the weekend we planned to go to the grave yard, but it was already dark, and my mum wouldn't drive us there. So we settled for this isolated river, near where Milly and I lived. We took a few candles and we made a pentacle, because Susan is Wiccan. She then made us all sit in a circle and she chanted a spell.

First of all nothing happened. But then you know when you get that feeling when you think you're being watched, but actually, you and your mates are the only ones around? Yeah? Well, that started happening. We got really freaked out and decided to go home. We had just reached the top of the field the river was in, when Susan screamed. Milly and I looked at what she was pointing at and there was a sort of hooded figure, it was dark, I couldn't see it clearly. I thought it was just my imagination, but the others made me run.

We walked down the main road. Susan was still really freaked, and Milly was really worried. I don't usually believe in that sort of stuff, but this time I wasn't sure. I used to do Bloody Mary and stuff like that, but when creepy stuff happened I thought it was just a coincidence.

On the way back to my house Susan said the hooded figure followed us home. I don't really know though...

Even now, 6 months after, and I'm still scared about going down there now, Even when I'm not with Milly or Susan, or on my own. Milly and I call it Ghost River now...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MizzPop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Hmmmm... Just a theory... You mentioned about drawing a pentacle... Which side was she facing? Because the pentacle are used by wiccans... And satanists... I'm not saying your friend is a satanist... I'm saying is, she might have faced the star in a wrong way... I mean, in a wiccan pentacle the user should be facing the head of the star (God)... She might have faced the wrong way, and made the star inverted... I'm not sure if what ime saying can make any difference in spell chanting but... As i've said it is just a theory... Hooded figures aren't necessarily bad... But being careful doesn't hurt... She should do banishing spells if she really saw it follow you... I'm a christian, but I am intrigued by Wicca... And have been researching about it...
Believer4Sure (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Well, that's really creepy. I mean I don't know what wiccan is but I think she could have chanted a bad spell. The hooded figure could be a sign of a demon. Oh and just a little of advice I just found out, you know those reallyyy scary movies you people watch all the time. Dont. They let the spirits believe you think you arent all scared about ghosts and all that stuff. So they decide to come in and help themselves to you trying to make you scared out of your mind. I mean like I have heard of people commuting suicide because of how bad it is. Or they end up dying because of the ghost killing them. So try not doing that anymore.
*=Believer4Sure=*
ReloadGurl (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
I have high respect for wiccans, so don't get me wrong when I say she chanted a demons spell.
But yet... Clothed figure... Seems like the reaper. Seems silly to say, yes it really does to most cases, but I keep an open mind.

I myself had a similar experince. I was so young, I just Hid under bed covers. Judging by that I can say you where at the least safe showing you didn't want him, but the demon probably enjoyed your screams.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
Thankz for the info dreamergal72 😊 hope there will be an inbox here so we can chit chat haha kidding 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
If your friend susan use black magic that is bad but white magic that not bad which ever she choose that black magic made invite demon also the pentence if it's upside down that bad also right good side that good but upside down its not good. So please tell your friend susan to be real carefully with this black magic stuff.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
Ginko, Wicca/wiccan is a witch and covens. Mizzpop please becarefully that hoodfigure may be a warning to you guys cause I been through this twice.
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
yeah casting spells is dangerous. It's best to leave the unknown alone. Pray and do becareful, especially if it followed you home.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
Hmm... Nice story... I think casting a spell is very dangerous, 😐 what is wicca? Anyway take care and don't do that again.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
I liked your story but I must asked. Why did you call this story "Down by the River Where Nobody" why didn't you call it "Ghost River" or "River Ghost" or even "The Hooded Figure by the River".
GIRLIE ❤ 😕 ❤
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
wow that's really creepy. Don't ever try talking to it again because this time it will probably hang around longer and bug you. Best of luck!
XxReverieOfAnAngelxX (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Eh, theoretically, just because Susan chanted a spell, doesn't exactly mean that she summoned a denom. Although I guess it depends on what type of spell was recited.
I'm not very erudite of the Wicca rituals since I'm Christian, but their religion fascinates me since some of my friends are Wiccan.
But, the way you describe this figure, the overall appearance of it sounds demonic. Or it could be just some weird Graveyard Keeper wondering what you guys were doing in a Graveyard with candles. XD. Who knows.
If you ever decide to go back to that Graveyard at night, be careful.
Hope I helped a bit. ❤
Alicia x
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
if I were you I wouldn't do those kinds of spells anymore. They ARE REALLY BAD! Tell your friend that's probably why the demon was there cause you guys attracted it. I hope the demon goes away, and I hope you guys never go to that river again, even if your with somebody or alone.
Elmer123 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Well when your friend was chanting, she probably called a demon to you guys, expacailly with the penticle, or a=whatever its called. Summoning demons is really dangerous, and you should tell your friend to be careful. People have died from that kind of stuff. Be careful. All I can really tell you to do is just pray.
musicperson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
ITs proberly a demon not sure what type but it is. Anyway must have been a frightning thing to happen to you good luck 😁 😁
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Hmmm, I think the spell that your friend chanted summoned a demon,

Well, I say it as a demon because demons are shape-shifters, meaning they can be an angel, an old man, a young girl, a reall, really wierd creature, etc. If your still being haunted by it, try reading the Bible, okay, I'm not saying religion here but it has some parts where demons come and demons go (I mean banished, gone from their hosts or haunting business or whatever), know what I'm saying?

I hope this helps,,,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: