You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Three Days Of Paranormal Torment

Real Ghost Stories

Three Days Of Paranormal Torment

 

I'm not the best story teller, so bare with me. Hopefully you can keep up. About a month ago, I went camping with my best friend and her dad. Her dad is into myths and ghost sightings. I personally didn't believe in ghosts, because, it just didn't make sense. Anyways, back to the story. Her dad picked a campsite that had paranormal rumors. Well, according to him. So, Daniel (my best friend) and I were all for trying to scare her dad. It was 10:00pm, right before quiet hours, and I felt like I was being watched. So I asked Daniel's dad about the rumors. Apparently, somebody drowned in the pool right behind the main office. Also a 37 year old man abused a 13 year-old boy during quiet hours until death. Of

Course, I didn't believe it.

It just turned 11:00pm, and we had to be a bit quiet. Daniel and I had to be continuously reminded to be quieter. Her dad tried to make us believe a bunch of scary stories, and explained more about our campsite. The reason I thought he was lying, is because, if the campsite was haunted, I'm pretty sure it would be shut down. So he explained to me how the paranormal rumors actually attract people who are interested in the paranormal. For some odd reason people find it interesting, I find it terrifying.

Ok, now that I explained where I am in thought, now its time to tell about the crap I had to go through for three days.

The first night was peaceful and seemed okay, except the awkward feeling of being watched around the campfire. The next day I woke up and saw that everything from my bag was on the floor, with my bag missing. I woke up Daniel and her dad. Neither one of them knew anything about it and swore it wasn't them. Witch I eventually grew to believe. So later we went swimming, I felt something really odd in the air, and I'm not sure what it was. And I'm pretty sure it was all just in my head. Everybody else seemed to be having tons of fun. But I felt like I had an extra person weighing down my shoulders. The lifeguard looked like she was crapping her pants, watching everybody extra carefully. Daniel and her dad were looking for something suspicious. Only god knows why. But after a while we had some fun, and every now and then I could swear I saw dark shadows moving across the bottom of the pool going at extreme speeds. I didn't tell anyone, because I thought I would sound crazy. But at the same time, I swear my heart was about to give out. I kept repeating to myself that I'm not going to die.

The rest of the 2nd day was good, except that same exact feeling that someone is watching me around the campfire. Daniel and her dad felt it to this time, and I just wanted to get the heck out of there.

The third day I woke up and my bag were back, with all of my clothes in it, folded perfectly. That, I think Daniel did, so I didn't bother asking. Nobody was up yet, so I grabbed my bag with shampoo and clothes and headed to the bathroom about two minutes away. Well, 7 sites away, I might just be a slow walker though. When I got to the bathroom I took my shower, got dressed and etc. When I looked in the mirror I saw someone just standing in the stall directly behind me. When I turned around, she wasn't there. When I walked back I heard footsteps behind me. I walked a little bit faster, the footsteps got faster. Finally I ran back, and open the camper door and rushed in. The figure knocked on the door three times then whispered something, but I couldn't understand what it said. I couldn't find the strength to scream so; I ball up in the fold out chair and started praying. That was our last day, and man, was I relieved. But, while we were just leaving the campsite, I saw the girl one last time, I told Daniels dad to look, because he's interested in paranormal things/happenings. But when he looked, she vanished.

To this day, I'm still traumatized. And I haven't told many people. Any advice to get this out of my mind? I can't even sleep at night, I feel like some ones going to kill me in my sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, experienceofalifetime123ahh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wolf789 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
the ghost was conected to the campsite I'm pritty sure your safe from the girl at your home, so you shouldnt worry
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
The advice I would give you is to not be afraid. 99% of the time ghosts are not harmful. Some of the stories on this site might make you believe otherwise, but they aren't the norm. Even if something looked scary it doesn't mean that it is trying to scare you. And no one has EVER been killed by a ghost while they slept. In fact, no one has ever been killed by a ghost. In extreme cases someone who is possessed might die, but that's it.
sanpom73tooble (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
That sounds pretty scary. I know the feeling of how you feeel like your being watched. It feels like somebody is trying to crush your soul. Doesn't it. Well good luck, I don't really have any advice to egt it out of your head. I'm having my own problemss with paranormal. And voxmortuus? It is possible for a place to be shut down because of paranormal stuff. It happened to a bed and breakfast, and things can also be shut down if to many people are dieing, or you can just get sued up to wazuke.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
Just a comment, a reputation for haunting doesn't cause places to be shut down - if anything, it increases their popularity. I have run into so many Bed & Breakfasts, hotels and restaurants who play their haunted natures to the hilt, hoping for the dollars coming from tourists and the morbidly curious.
jhygz89 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
This was also happened to me last few years ago on our summer cottage. It felt like someone is watching over you or follows you everywhere... But when we got home from the cottage,...it never felt the same way anymore... So just try not to think about it too much and try to make yourself busy...
Elmer123 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Wow, that sounds scary. I agree with the perosn under me though. She was probably trying to tell you something. I have felt wwhat you felt before though. Its extremely scary when the air feels all weird and unexplainable and it feels like there's and extra p weighing you down. I don't know much about ghost and paranormal stuff though, but if you see the girl outside of the campsite, then you should get some help. 😕
acm_92886 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
I would have to say the same thing she could have been sending you a message letting you know how she died no need to be afraid if she died there sometimes ghosts can't leave unless they cling onto something that's life... But you will be fine if this happens where you do see her again and your not in that campsite go get help.
EPTX (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
I don't believe this spirit followed you home, you don't need to be afraid. Try sleeping with your lights on, it helps by making you feel secure. I agree with composerman and think she was trying to pass on a message. But you don't need to be afraid it's not demonic or evil, so try getting some sleep because a lack of sleep will only make you feel even worse. My best wishes to you and good luck
Greer101 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Being followed is extremly scary! It has happened to me and my friend on a ghost tour. He didn't like us being there so he chased us down a hill. The ghost would not have followed you home - chances are the ghost thinks the camp grounds is where she lives so probably didn't want you (or anyone!) there either. Keep praying to god like everyone else has said too! Awesome story! 😁
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
This was a cool story. I find it interesting that the guy who told you the place was weird had no experiences there! 😆 I had similar feelings I couldn't explain in parts of my childhood home that never gave off those feelings before... And once the feeling became strong, some paranormal activity would take place. It feels like a storm brewing, or what evers. Any ways, thanks for writing and I hope your trauma resides soon. Aloha - 4d
Jj554 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
I don't think it would follow you home, so you're safe. But just incase, take ghostluver's advice and pray every night, I've had a haunting that I'm waiting to post in this one bush that's right next to my house, and nothing got me at my house, although I'm sure someone or something is watching me when I go near the bush.

The spirit is probably harmless and just wanted to tell you something, you shouldn't be too worried. 😉
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
This is interesting, I have a story similar to this that I didn't post. You don't need to be afraid as long as you don't go back.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
take my advise, and pray to god every night for protection, I really hope this helps 😊 ❤
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Wow, that is pretty scary. The first few experiences you mentioned I was tempted to attribute to over-active imagination / friends playing tricks, but the account of the figure following you is pretty scary, and sounds like something very real! Firstly though, don't worry, you will not be killed in your sleep by spirits. If no activity has followed you home, then there is nothing to worry about. It sounds like perhaps the spirit that followed you back from the shower realised that you could see it, and it wanted to pass on a message or something, but it sounds quite harmless, what does everyone else think? Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: