You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Neigbour's Hell

Real Ghost Stories

Neigbour's Hell

 

I am from Melaka, Malaysia. This story happened when I was too young to understand most things, but I do know how to be very afraid.

Long time ago, when I was still in my primary school, I lived with my grandparents. My family practices Taoism. In our main hall we have a cabinet in which we have placed deities that we worshipped I always admire the cabinet, the deities, it all looked so majestic. My father was the only one who looked after the cabinet, the deities.

Now here's the story.

Our neighbours to the left of us were an Indian family with three kids. I can hardly remember their names. I think is Bala, Siva and Selvam. This Indian family dug a well at the back of their house. I can still remember vividly the look of the well, the water was muddy and it looked more like someone's diarrhoea, and it smelled very bad.

The well, according to my understanding was first to imitate us. My family dug a well too, but it was well maintained by my father, he used it to water the plants and the garden at back of my house.

Our neighbours on the other hand, had another idea. They dumped leftover food into the well that they dug themselves. This explains the reason why the well looked more like a s... Hole than an actual well.

The bad news, they did not know that there was something present near the well, a ghost, a spirit? No one knew. Let's call it a ghost.

This ghost, in the end got so frustrated with the tainted well that it went rampage that one night.

I don't know the exact date, but our neighbour's called out for help one night, they telephoned. They said that their house was full of white smoke, but there were no signs of a fire. The largest of them, Selvam, fell down. He said he felt someone push him down. They looked through the kitchen window, which is facing the well that they dug. They said that could see a shadowy figure reflected on the cemented floor, but they could not see any physical figure.

My father being a devotee to those Taoism deities was spiritually protected. My father went over to help. As soon as my father confronted that ghostly shadow, the shadow disappeared and my neighbour was free from the grasp of evil.

My neighbour's were so shaken that they buried the well the next day. They apologized to whoever the figure was by prayers and offerings. They were forgiven.

The story above was told after my father helped my neighbour that night. I had no idea on how true were those incidents that he described.

Since that day, a number of strange spiritually happenings happened to my family. Most of the time, it involves deities from above.

Feel free to comment on my experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unrealweapon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jhygz89 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
really interesting... I thought this story occurred on you... But then you said your dad told you about what happened in your neighbours' house...:p
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
It seems that the Taoist spirits who have been worshiped in your lands for thousands of years don't appreciate the disrespectful treatment of their home by pollution. Water is sacred and most of the time considered holy because it is the element that gives life. But eastern Gods can often times present themselves like powerful Demons when angry. Fearsome Gods/Deities can be found in Asia.

So don't expect for them to sit back and take insult lightly. However, what was happening in that home could have come to them for other reasons. If they live their lives with such uncleanliness, who's to say how they conduct their lives in private? They could be into wicked stuff that no one knows about.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
Hmmm... I have heard a spell in taoism that can make the spirit go away, but if not the spirit will attack you? Is that true? By the way nice story... 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
hello, I don't think it was evil. Maybe the land where they put there well turn out to be special to someone in the afterlife.
GIRLIE ❤
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
Maybe someone died there or was layed to rest there. That could be the only thing I could think of. Unless that was a gate way for the ghosts to travel through. Nice story.
unrealweapon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
My father was well protected by the heavenly deities, therefore when my father confronted the thing, the thing saw my father, and heavenly spirits.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Dreamergal72: The movie is called the Ring (Ironically, I just watched it before I came on here 😁)

Unrealweapon: Your story was very good (It did make me think of the Ring though, I thought it was just because I just saw it however) and I was wondering something. You said that no one knew what was present by the well, did your family at the time? What made me wonder was because you said your father walked over and 'confronted' the spirit, just how did he do that? Thank you for the time and also for sharing your story.

-Hope
unrealweapon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
The ghost was there before the well was dug.

Deities are supernatural beings/God in the Chinese Culture

I moved out of that house few years later, the ghost was unheard of since this incident.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
I understand things have you guys watch this show about girl with long hair over her face her mother kill her to put her in the well can't remember the name. That remind me of that story of ghost in the well.
Elmer123 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Well, that sounded kind of scary. But, why the heck would a well bother a ghost? What are diteis?
clearemotion (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
what are deities? And what kind of things happened to your family afterwards?
mistymonkey22 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
bloody hell! That was a good story and really interested me! Lol! I hope that 'ghost' never comes back! Anyway thanks for sharing x 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: