You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Kate's Creepy Room

Real Ghost Stories

Kate's Creepy Room

 

I was staying at my grandparents place, which is where my aunty and her two children also live. My aunty was due to go into hospital the next day and had to have a large amount of laxatives to empty her bowels. So myself and another of my cousins were staying to help out with her two kids because my nan and pop were away at the time.

There are three rooms in the house, all closely located. My cousin stephen was to sleep in his own room, further from where I was sleeping in my cousin Kate's room. Kate was going to sleep in my nan and pops room with my other cousin rachael. My aunt was going to sleep on the couch as she didn't want to wake anyone getting up every 5 minutes to go to the loo.

Everyone was getting ready for bed and I was laying on Kate's bed, waiting for my aunt to turn out the light for me (I was like 11). As I lay there with my eyes closed, I could feel a pawing sensation at the end of my legs. They had several dogs and cats, I assumed it was just one of them, but when I looked up to see which one it was, there was nothing there. But I could still feel it!

Then my aunt came to the door and handed me their new little kitten to sleep with and turned out the light. I was a bit freaked out so I laid patting the cat who was staring up at the wall behind my head. The cat then flipped out and took off out of the room as the door was open. I looked up and felt strangely cold as it was still in summer and had been hot moments before.

Her bed was placed was next to a window and you could hear everything that was outside. I was still trying to sleep when I heard the sound of two men talking outside. At first, I thought it was someone walking past their yards fence, but realized that the language they were using was too formal to be anyone who lived in this town. I then looked outside to see who it was, but there was no one there. I could still hear the two men talking.

As I laid back down, my cousin kate scared me because I was really freaked out now and could just make out her outline, as it was dark in the hall. I yelled at her and chased her out of the room, back into where she was sleeping and shut the door to that room. I laid back down on my bed and couldn't sleep. I could no longer hear the two men talking, but felt cold again. I was going to get up to go find another blanket and looked over towards the doorway where the light switch was next to. In the doorway, I could once again make out an outline of a little girl. I froze because I knew it couldn't be my cousin kate, as the girl had much longer hair and was shorter than kate. Also, the doors in my nan and pops house squeak quite loudly if they are opened or closed, and I had heard nothing so she couldn't have opened the door to come out again.

When I realized it wasn't kate, I looked at the figure who had something that was gleaming in her hand. I thought it to be a long knife blade. The figure then slowly moved in towards me and ,as it did, I screamed as loudly as I could for my aunty to come and closed my eyes.

My aunt came quickly and turned on the light, asking me what was wrong. I just ignored her and jumped out of the bed, ran into where my cousin kate was sleeping and stopped. It definitely wasn't kate because she was dead asleep.

Totally freaked out, I refused to sleep in the room and went into the kitchen at the other end of the house with my aunt while she had a smoke. She then needed to visit the loo again and left me standing there. I then noticed her dog sitting at my feet, so I bent down to pat it and, as I did, I felt the hand of someone rub my back. It was like they were reassuring me that I was okay. When I stood up no one was there.

To this day I will not sleep in that room, and Kate also had seen and heard things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
research the history of the house that is your best bet to find out what your dealing with.
Francois (220 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear Stac,

I am happy to hear that you came out of your ordeal unharmed. I believe there is a ghost seeking acknowledgement in Kate's room. Have you done a study on the history of the house?

This story was very frightening, I got the same feeling as I had watched the Ring before. Thank you for sharing and posting your story. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Wow, that is crazy. The girl had a knife?! I'm glad nothing serious happened! And yeah I don't think you should sleep in that room anymore, unless your with someone else. And maybe the hand that rubbed your back was one of the men, they could be good spirits!
Take care though,
Chrono 😳
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
Creepy!Thanx for the story! Keep on posting anything that's wierd. I wounder what that was... You should really get some info on that house.
creepytintan (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
wow...i got goosebumps I can't believe that that happened to you! I don't like to hear about people getting freaked out bec it scares me and I knowfor a fact that cats and dgos can see things we cannot and they se the undead... So watch the eyes of mans best friend
yo moma (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
well over all I was pleased with what I leard the info I got is very much needed to finish my work for school

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: