You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Strange Little Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Little Lights

 

When I lived in Los Angeles I had a friend. My friend was gothic and always draped in black from head to toe. This friend carried something that was unusual and I don't think she even had a clue of her paranormal activity.

When I moved to L.A she became one of my very first friends. She was nice and witty about life. Read every single fashion magazine and was filled with dreams. The only thing was she had a negative vibe. There was a negative sense to her and it had nothing to do with her gothic side. She had a dark cloud and everywhere she went that cloud became her shadow.

I started noticing that when my friend would come over to visit me strange little lights would begin to appear the moment she would leave my apartment. It was really weird. One night we'd said our goodbyes, I went into the kitchen to snack when on the cupboards and around the sink area I started to notice little lights. People now call them orbits. It looked like someone was holding a flash light and was going crazy with it all over the kitchen. The deal is I was alone that night and there was nothing in the kitchen that could explain those lights. I didn't pay it much attention because I wasn't scared.

When ever I had other company I never saw those lights. Those floating lights only appeared when my gothic friend visited me. I know this for a fact, because I was trying to keep track of what was going on. I was trying to figure out why I kept seeing those lights in the kitchen. I started noticing that those lights would also appear in the living room.

I will describe them as ten to twelve white little light circles at once floating in areas and bouncing all over the place. I would remain in one single area looking at them and breaking my head wondering what was causing them. I would look around my apartment and couldn't see any shinny thing that could reflect light. And it couldn't be a mirror because if that were the case, which it wasn't, then why would a mirror reflect bouncing lights?

I've moved plenty of times and in all the places I've lived, I've never seen those bouncing little lights anywhere else. I've been told that those little bouncing lights are sometimes a spirit or ghost. What I question is, if it's a spirit or ghost, why are there ten to twelve little lights going on at once? I really believe my gothic friend had something to do with that strangeness because once I moved and she didn't come around anymore I never saw those little lights again. I'm living in a house right now with ghostly activity and I don't see any bouncing little lights anywhere.

By: Jackeline Lopez

Other hauntings by jackeline

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jackeline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
wow that is really strange. Your friend never noticed this? I think I would have tried to get video or taken pictures. I have never experienced something like that after someone leaves an area. I have experienced that kind of activity in really haunted locations though. Interesting story.

That does remind me of something that happened to my grandmother though. She worked in a large office environment and she noticed little twinkling lights that kept appearing in the same area of the office. She couldn't figure out what caused them or what was going on, but she kept seeing these lights appear and disappear in the same spot. Then she ran into a lady and heard that her son had committed suicide two weeks prior. My grandma put two and two together and realized the twinkling lights were appearing one floor up from where this lady worked who's son had just died. The lady's office was right below the twinkling lights. My grandma went over to the spot and prayed for the son who had committed suicide and told him it was ok to leave and his mom would be fine. She never saw the twinkling lights again after that.

Maybe your friend has some sort of spirit following her. It might not necessarily be evil either. Could be a relative looking out for her like what my grandma saw, but then again with the paranormal it's anyone's guess.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
I had the same question that Kirsten_Pax09 has, what vibes do the lights give off? Also if you ever see something like that again, I would take a pic. ❤ Jas
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
Hmm... 😊 I think the your gothic friend attrack some spirit, like Watanuki kimihiro of xxxholic (ist a japanese anime) I heard that sometimes if a person can see ghost, and he/she can make the people around them see it, just a theory... By the way GREAT STORY 5 Star! 😊
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
When you would see these little lights moving all around what were your instincts telling you about them? Did they feel bad? On first hearing about your Gothic friend who seemed to emanate some very negative energy, I thought right away that those lights could have been orbs of protective Angels. Angels can come to our aid in the appearance of small orbs of light and they can fly around extremely fast.

They maybe flying around like crazy trying to expel any negative "spirit" your friend might be leaving behind in your home. Do you know if your friend practices any kind of witchcraft or Satanism? Another thing that comes to my mind when you mention the reflective lights bouncing off of walls all over is almost like Lucifer's energy manifesting itself. In either case your Gothic friend is in trouble. 😢 God bless her and save her.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
wow. That's creepy! 😨 if I were you I would pray for your friend and and I would observe more of these orbs or lights. Hope your friend doesn't get scared ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: