You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Duende's House

Real Ghost Stories

Duende's House

 

In my neighbourhood there's an Old Catholic school and it's said to have someone or something unnatural roaming around inside it.

The people around where I live believe more in impish/evil elves then they do in ghost. Many of them say they see a small figure always running around in the school garden, little footprints were even found in the flowerbeds. Of course, everyone says it's elf, but I'm not so sure.

After hearing so many stories I've decided to do some research on the school and I did find an unusual detail. There used to be a house on the land where the school was built but part of it was saved. When the house was torn down the owner didn't want to tear that part of the house down because "it" lived in it.

The school now uses that section as storage and the students claim to hear joyful music, laughing, and dancing coming from inside it. Also things would get lost a wind up in strange places or chairs would be in the hallways and nobody would be inside not even the janitors. At first I thought it was just a bunch of high school students playing a prank, but that wasn't the case.

The high school students were the ones who dared each other to spend a night inside. None of them ever lasted over three hours because they always ran out screaming that they saw and/or heard something terrifying. One or two days later they would have the worst of luck so much so that three of them were in a terrible accident, but got away safely.

I researched again, turns out the school really isn't all that old it's just the old section of the house that goes back before 1918 and there has been no deaths near or inside the building. I was going to go inside myself, but I no longer think that's a good idea.

My classmate Noel had a horrifying experience with whatever that thing is. This is what he told us during school, "I was waiting outside the school when out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure, of a very short man with long hair run behind the storage building. Then it was as if I was paralyzed, it was hard to breath like there was some kind of thick odourless smoke around me. My eyesight was blurry and I had an overwhelming feeling that there was something menacing behind me. When the school bell rang it all stopped." He proved he was telling the truth by showing us bruises on his back that looked like they were done by a very strong 4 year old.

Due to all the stories of "it" the storage building has been nicknamed "La Casa del Duende" (the elf's house). I'm not sure what it is, it could be a demon because after Noel's experience and a few others I heard that were similar. Does anyone know what it could be and if it's something to be worried about?

Other hauntings by SummerEclipse22

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SummerEclipse22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

iveaquarius (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Where is this place, is it in virginia what county? I very intrigued, has anything happened recently!
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
im not so sure what it is
Elf or entity it is obviously paranormal either way. Just don't make it mad. Go ahead and investigate, but steer clear of ANYTHING that could possibly upset this entity. It obviously has plenty of energy, and can obviously manafest in negative ways, but what isn't so obvious is weather its' an elf or not. I have only heard of elves and fairies haunting a place once before, but who knows this might be the second. There's this place in Ireland with CRAZY elf, and fairy activity! By the way I would check outside the area for mushroom circles, or any wierd formations with the plant life.
GOOD LUCK GETTING HAUNTED BY FAIRIES! Jk lol
But seriously
BEST OF LUCK!
~Jessi
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
wow that is really creepy. Little people scare me for some reason. I wouldn't get involved with it. I would continue research. Hopefully someone with knowledge will stop by this story and give you some advice. ❤ Jasmin
jhygz89 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Of what I've heard from people who had been encountered by 'duende' in my hometown philippines,. Its better not to bother them or even think about them while your in the campus. Duendes are like kids who always love playing with things or persons who they think is a toy. If you happen to ruined something that they really like, they're going to ruin your life as a payment.

One of what I've heard from my aunt was that shes been tricked before when she's 5yrs old by this duendes, by giving her candies and asking her to come to their palace and so she'll be the princess of theirs. But then one night she was flying while lying down, its like some sort of small people are carrying her. But her parents woke her up and sent a prayer so that the 'it' will stop her. And it did.
aswanghunter1 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
wow dude... Wow...

I think its safe to say that noel... Was saved by the bell.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
Drawfs or Elves usually live on trees or underground, if I were you don't get involed with them, they might play tricks on you, or make you ill,
By the way night story...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: