You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Moved On

Real Ghost Stories

She Moved On

 

I think the young girl haunting my house has finally moved on.

If you've read my other posts you know a bit about her. Her name is Mary she was born in 1941 and died 1948. She died falling down the stairs.

It took me a couple months to raise the money for the séance since the medium says he has to charge because most séances he does are wasted on yuppies who want to know who mommy always loved best or are willing to pay him to try and contact John Lennon even though he makes no guarantees unless he has a significant personal item, like Mary's Doll that we have.

This past weekend was the start of Cam's week with my ex so I had him come over to make contact.

He asked me to provide a small bottle of wine; just enough for two glasses because he says that alcohol helps break the barriers between us and them. Then we put the doll in the middle of the table.

We focused on Mary and after a couple minutes the medium said that he could sense her although I didn't feel anything. He asked if she was there and then said he heard her say yes, I didn't hear anything but then I'm not a medium. He asked her to show that she was there and the dolls hair blew like there was a wind but we were inside.

He asked her if she knew what happened to her and she says that she had gone downstairs for a glass of water and Daddy caught her coming back upstairs her dad was mad and smelled funny (drunk?) he grabbed her arm hard and when she pulled away she fell down the stairs.

He asked if she knew she was dead and she said yes. He asked why she didn't move on and she said she was scared; she wanted to wait for her mother. He then said her mother was gone a long time and asked why she was still here? She said she didn't want to go where her mom was because she had killed daddy and that meant she was in hell. (Here is another great reason why I don't subject Cam to religion, this poor kid has been trapped here for 60 years because she is afraid her mom is being punished eternally for defending herself)

He asked about her grandparents wouldn't they be waiting for her, and she said she was still afraid to go alone. We told her that it was scary but she had to go, she didn't belong here anymore.

Then I could see her again, she was floating above the table, right above her doll. She was looking back at me afraid. I said "it's okay Mary, don't be scared they've been waiting for you a long time, go to them." She was gone and I think she's finally moved on.

Thank you everyone so much for your help and support and advice. I think Cam and I will be okay from here on.

Other hauntings by LordRhodium

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordRhodium, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

americangirl101 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Great happy ending from your other parts 0f this story! I hope she goes to heaven!
Lollypop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
This is a great story! I read it all at one go tonight, including the comments.

What I really like about it is how it was co-written, with suggestions as to the little family plot with the bad daddy / sad mommy scenario counterbalanced by good dad LordRhodium making up in this era for the bad patriarch of the past.

Some false leads by your co-writers were ignored--the 'little girl as evil spirit' plot was rejected in favour of 'the innocence of youth' one (again parallels in modern times with little Cam). The warning about bad mediums was taken up--nice 'braking' technique to slow the narrative and keep us guessing for longer.

It was really brilliant! Who owns the copyright? Give us another one soon!

Lots of love and laughter,

Lollypop
angel_eyes (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
wow, I think I missed your other stories but will read them now. I am so glad that little girl finally free to heaven.
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
wow great story! Congratulations on helping out that little girl! She seems to have moved on, and that by its' self is an accomplishment! If the activity stops, then that's even better 😊 this little girl is hopefully happy now ❤
CONGRATULATIONS!
~Jessi
LordRhodium (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Ginko: Domo arigato.

JamesRobiscoe: I don't know if this would have happened without you Rhodes and the rest of the folks here. So I thank you, I'm sure Mary would too. It's funny, as much as I was scared witless at first, I'm almost going to miss her in a way. As for the doll I figured we'd keep it as a reminder of how people can get lost but you can always find your way with a little help.

Jasmin314: It certainly has been a long road. Glad to see the end of it though, and I'm hoping Mary found peace too.

Oh in case anyone is interested remember my 1 year rental agreement that kept me from moving out when things started getting weird? I recently renewed it, the landlord is so happy to have someone staying that he didn't even raise the rent.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
aswanghunter1, I have noticed that on most of these stories you are leaving little jokes. SOme of them have been funny I do admit. You should have some respect though. LordRhodium and his son have been through a lot this past year. You are becoming offensive to the YGS members.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Lord Rhodium- my spirit is applauding you since I can't because I am at work reading this. When I was done reading your story my heart smiled! I am so happy I have been waiting now as you have for almost a year now! Finally this little girl has passed over. Pat yourself on the back. Do you realize what you have done? She will no longer live in the darkness alone. I don't blame her for being afraid. Look at what she went through while she was alive! Poor baby. I am going to say a prayer for mary. I am just happy to hear that her little soul is free. Thank you! ❤ Jasmin
aswanghunter1 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
was mary's doll a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb? With fleece as white as snow?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
Lord Rhodium--Thank goodness you found a means and method to help that poor ghost child move to the next plain. She was correct in choosing your son to bring the problem to you; you love Cam so much you helped her in the bargain!
Your plight grabbed me from the first, and when you dropped out of posting, I often wondered (and yes, I'm spiritual so I prayed) you'd find a way to relief. Your strong resolve to see it through impressed me. Good goin', mate.
No doubt this whole experience altered your original views on what's "out there", and no doubt it bonded you and Cam good and solid. (By the way, what did you do with the doll?)
All the best from here on out.
Over and out. ~ James
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
😊 Great Story Onii chan (Big brother) :) thanks for sharing it... Hope the little girl had cross over...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: