You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: A Playful Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

A Playful Ghost?

 

Where to begin... Well I have been working night shift for years and when I get home I like to unwind a bit and I don't actually go to bed until around 5am. Over the last few months I've noticed myself waking up and hearing a change in the fan noise that I have on. I sleep with a fan on because it blocks out the rest of the noise (I live in an apartment with noisy neighbors). On several occasions I'll feel the air flow being redirected like someone is standing in front of it. Several times I have felt what seems like a cat or small animal walking around on my bed. It feels like it walks around me while I'm lying still, I feel the blanket pull like there is weight on it.

On a few occasions it felt like it would jump off and then jump back on. Once I woke up and reached for it but of course I grasped nothing but air. A few times, I felt the entity touch me on my back. It never hurts me or anything. Some people told me it's just my brain playing tricks on me because I'm usually in a half awake state. Sometimes it feels like it is touching me in sexual ways. I don't really feel scared by it but more or less annoyed. I also sometimes hear it bouncing of things in my room.

This just started in the last few months. I have been living in this apartment for over 5 years and haven't experienced anything like this before. Am I going crazy? Is it some kind of sleep disorder? Or am I being visited by some playful spirit that just wants to play games with me? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kylecrs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
It sounds like it may be a protective angelic spirit as far as the cat like behavior. There is an angelic spirit that has small hands like a human, but has claws as well. One of the claws is between its thumb and first finger. It is very gentle, loving, and persistant. You can try shaking it off, sleeping on the couch and so on. It'll just keep cooming back and behaves much like a cat, never with intent to harm you in any way.

The sexual touch may actually be a seperate ministering (think doctor here) spirit that is trying to help you in some way. Are you trying to be sexually pure, or have unwanted sexuall desire? It may be helping you with that problem. By its very prescence, I'm thinking you may be a Christ follower. Are you? I'll bet if you are that there are many more helpfull spirits around you. If not I have to wonder if I'm right on the kind of spirit.
kylecrs (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Well I tried the tennis ball experiment but I used ping pong balls instead. I figured they would be lighter and maybe easier to move. Nothing happened to them, they didn't move at all. I did however rearrange my bedroom and living room so that all my furniture is in a different place. I heard that this is a good way to confuse a spirit and end the haunting's. So far it seems to be working. I haven't experienced any phenomena in the last month or so.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Kylecrs--I accept that some people have the sensitivity to pereceive visitations from their crossed-over animals, usually ones that were much beloved. I don't know if this is true in your case. I don't hear that you greatly missed your runaway cat or your ex-girlfriend's, and in either instance, why it should want to come play with you in the middle of the night is curious. My reasoning doesn't necessarily preclude that you have a cat visitor, especially since you know think you've seen one, but it remains more likely something else is there, too. I suggested the "Mr. Science" approach with the balls since it could provide evidence. If you try the experiment a few times, please let us know the results, as well as any new phenomenon. If something is there and knows it has your acknowledgement, it's likely to ratchet things up a notch.
Keep cool. You know you've got your own power. All the best to you. ~ James
kylecrs (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it very much. I had a pet cat but he ran away several years ago. And yes JamesRobiscoe, I am a single guy and I do live by myself. I think I will try what you suggested, putting the tennis balls on a circle. Yesterday morning I woke up and could have sworn I saw a cat jump over me, so I'm starting to think that it is a ghost cat or something. My ex girlfriend used to live here with her cat. I kicked her out over 6 months ago. I wonder if her cat died or something.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
I would say all but the intimate touching does sound like a possible ghost cat. I have had some experience with that myself with a deceased pet dog. All that aside, it is odd that you are having this now being that you lived there for 5 years with nothing happening and have been used to night shift so I don't think its a sleep disorder.
I do wonder what is going on in someone's life when they start to experience the succubus/incubus phenomenon. This phenomenon has been connected to childhood sexual trauma, repressed sexual feelings due to religion or culture, and sexual frustration in general. Not saying this is the case with you just reporting what I've read on the subject psychologically. Paranormally, there is also a theory that what you may be experiencing is another person having an out of body experience and paying you a visit. You sound like a level headed person and I'm sure you are as stupified as to why this is happening as anyone would be. You will get feedback on this site and do some research on the subject yourself. Knowledge is power.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Perhaps kylecrs would feel comfortable including more detailed information?

It may be helpful.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
JamesRObiscoe is a genius. I would definitely try that first that sounds like the best idea I have heard on here for a while now. ❤ Jasmin
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Kyle--I gather you're a single guy and presently live by yourself. Despite the cat-like movements you describe, it seems unlikely that a cat, even a ghost cat, would cause you to feel anything close to intimate touches. Animals just don't do that. Yet what could it be?
You mention a sense of something bouncing. Maybe you could get a few tennis balls and set them inside circles you've drawn on pieces of paper. Try this at night and during the day while you're out of your apartment. And if they are moved...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
I have that same way I try to sleep and I feeling something tiptoe or walking on my bed I thought it was my cat but I knew it's a cat that some cat I have before died or the formor owner that use to live here before us did have a cat cause I seen wallpaper scatch out from a cat's claws so I figure it like me and want to to sleep with me. Of course the it sit on my hair haha. Great story.
W0AHxSMiLE (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
To me, I would say a small child or an cat, but I would totally feel creep out, no doubt, but interesting story. (:
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
it sounds to me like a small child. At the age where he/she would be that size they wouldn't understand about how they are touching you. They are probably just lonely and want somebody to play with. They don't seem to be of any threat. I would suggest aknowledging her/him, to give them some company. Maybe find out a little more information about them, like have them knock for yes or something like that. When you know more about them then you will know better how to handle the situation.
Best of luck!
~Jessi
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
It sounds like a cat. Have you had a cat in your past that has past away? You know how cats will rub up on you when they are in a loveing mood. If it freaks you out try to rubuke it. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: