You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghostly Confused

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Confused

 

My name is Rachael I moved into my boyfriend's house about five months ago, and at first there wasn't too much to be concerned about. The past couple of weeks there have been things going on that neither of us can explain.

This is a vey old style house, in the two bedrooms upstairs. It has those short closet storage doors (looks like a little kid door) and about a month ago it kept opening by itself. We have cats and thought oh well they just pawed at it but noticed that it was not easy to open, but we blamed it on the cats to put our minds at ease.

This past week my boyfriend was working days he has his little closet upstairs where he keeps his shirts that is in the middle of both bedrooms and the bedroom across from the creepy one is where I keep my clothes, moving on. He went upstairs to get a shirt he always peaks in there from habit to see if its open and it wasn't, I woke up went upstairs to change and found it to be open I went to go shut it and found a pair of pajama pants laying inside by the door.

I realized about a half hour later that both the cats where outside so even if they could open the door it couldn't have been them, I told my boyfriend and he is just as creeped out as I am, because it happened from the time that he left until when I woke up. This has been going on a couple times now we also hear people walking upstairs now, I really would like some answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachy24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

wolf789 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
i wouldn't be too concernd unless things start taking a violent turn
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
well what I would do is set up a video camera and leave the house so that its empty. No cats or boyfriend in the house. Then turn on the camera say I'm leaving really loud and close the door. Come back in about 3-6 hours and replay the tape you can fast foward it until you see something and hopefully it will show you what it is that is opening the door. 😊 hope that helps and you can repeat this process over a couple times to see if its the same thing.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
I can imagine all of this is disturbing. However, it doesn't seem to be harming anyone. It could be residual from someone that lived there before you. The suggestion by rosa is a good one. I'm not sure a residual haunt would be able to undo a bungie cord but an intelligent one might. Some think you shouldn't make contact with it because it might be inviting trouble but I have mixed feelings about that. More than likely it's a human spirit and having been human you can talk to it like you would any other human only this one doesn't have a body anymore. Some people are catalysts for poltergeist activity. Being that both you and your boyfriend are experiencing this it can't be just imagination. Hopefully, it's a spirit that just needs to be told to be quiet or move forward to the Light. Some leave, some don't but I feel it's only appropriate to encourage them to leave this plane of existence for the one they should be heading towards. Keep us posted as to the activity and if it changes to something other than pesky.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
why don't you try this: put some video cameras around the house! 😊 see if you guys can catch anything. Put cameras facing all the places where there has been activity! Maybe you will get something 😉 good luck! ❤
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Def do what AuroraRosa has suggested! That would be so cool to see / document. I would also try putting a layer of flower inside and just outside of the door - keep the door shut to that room so that cats cannot foil the experiment. Please keep us posted!
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
why not try an experiment?
Use bungee cords or tape or something to forcibly hold the door shut, and then tape what happens. Oh man, wouldn't it be creepy if you saw the bungee cords pop off on their own? If that happens, you should probably post it on youtube and try to get people to comment.
Good luck with this
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Thank you for posting this, it is very freaky. It really creeped me out! Xx I agree with angel_eyes, video footages.

Princess123 x ❤
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
It is most likely a residential haunting therefore I can't really suggest much. Try a thermal vision camera if you're that bothered by the spirit, or you could simply try talking to it, it may just want your attention.

Good health and prosperity to you. ❤
angel_eyes (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Thanks rachy for sharing your story with us. Its creepy that its opening by itself, may be you could try to take its video footage.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: