You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Above My Head

Real Ghost Stories

Above My Head

 

This happened to me a few minutes ago! It scared the life out of me and I really wish that I had my camera with me!

The time is about 13:00 and I am at my dining room table, laptop and speakers set up just surfing the web. As I eat my ice cream I keep hearing bangs coming from above me. The dining room is connected to the living room and the kitchen. Above the dining room is my parents bedroom, above the living room is my bedroom and above the kitchen is the office.

So, I was sitting and all of a sudden there were several bangs from above me, but as I was sitting by an open window, I considered it could've been someone outside. But the banging continued and I was getting a bit freaked out but I tried my hardest to ignore it.

Then, at about 13:29, there was a huge bang (sounded as if something had dropped onto the floor) above me and then a heavy running of feet which ran through my parents room and then into my room. It was so loud and clear that I was really scared and I ran outside and watched through my parents window, but nothing was moving. In my panic, I had pulled the slide door off it's hinges and as I shut it, it got stuck and remained shut. Great, now I had no escape.

I rang my dad and told him what had happened and he told me to go and check, but there was no way I was going upstairs. He also reminded me of what Derek Acorah said; "nothing evil can enter your house" and that it was probably just my nan or some other relative.

However, remembering that I had a video camera, I put my music on loud and sang loudly and shakily as I went upstairs and checked my bedroom, my parents bedroom and the office. All of which had been untouched.

I grabbed my camera and I got back on with my computering and then there was a a loud series of scraping above me as if someone was dragging furniture around in my parents bedroom. This scared me even more and I swore with terror and ran to the backdoor then realised that I couldn't as the door was stuck. I wracked my brains for ways to get out but all the keys for the windows were upstairs and I couldn't get out the front door and through the gate because the gate was locked. I was trapped.

So I rang my dad again who said he would finish his work as quickly as possible, but I had to remember that nothing could hurt me and I should acknowledge them and talk to them if they did anything again. I was so nervous and really wanted to get a shot of the bedroom window so I went through every drawer and cupboard to find a key to open the big window I was sitting by.

Having found the key I opened the window, video camera in hand, and clambered out of the window, swearing and shaking as I went. I must have scared the neighbours! Anyway, I took a small video of the office window and my parents room and then heard my phone ring so I had to get back inside.

But there was still some banging and I said,"just stop it please!" I was going out of my mind and I was so scared, even though it might just be nothing.

And there is no way I am going upstairs because I am scared of what I might find!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurenemmam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faith12 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
it could be the emotion of the previous owner who actually passed away. Try to ask your parent bout the house history. If there's a violence that ever happened in the house with the previous owner. It will help a lot
laurenemmam (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Hello:)
The sliding door was shut, I had opened the window and climbed out of it, and climbed back in to get back into the house:)
Xxx
BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
I thought you said the sliding door was stuck so how did you get back in the house?
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
omg about your ankle! Hope its ok!
I know it was realllly scary!
Yes, I woulde like to read yours!:)
Xxxx
theprettylittleemogirl (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
OMG! You poor thing! 😨 As soon as the posting bit is open ill post a few storys, one is SMILER to yours, only it was down stairs and I jumped out of a two story window... Only twisted my ankle nothing more...
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
It was THE most scariest thing that happened in my life.
As soon as it happened I rang my friends and they had no idea what it was either!:D
I went upstairs when my mum came home and we were shocked because nothing had moved at all. And when my dad got home he checked in the attic and everything was good; so I have no idea what it was!
I didn't want to be alone for a while afterwards!
Any ideas?
Xxx
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Wow That sound bothering, Did you found out what all about it? I hope you did and figure out what to do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: