You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Little Brother's Ghost Hunting

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Brother's Ghost Hunting

 

When I was about 12 years old, I was at a stage when everything was stupid to me. My little brother, who was about 9 then, was a big believer in ghosts. We lived in a big house, and he thought we had ghosts since some people killed themselves in the house. Izeck, my brother, would have friends over and go ghost hunting. They would wake me, my other sister and my parents up by saying they saw a ghost. Les, my sister who was about 6 or 7, believed them. If it was saturday and raining they would stay up all night and search for ghosts. Me, the oldest, thought they were weird and stayed out of their business. Before I knew ghosts were real.

It was Saturday, it was storming and it was around 3:00 in the afternoon. Dad was with friends, mom was at a baby shower. I was babysitting and I was watching a movie. Of course Izeck and Les were coming up with a ghost plan in the kitchen. I got up from the couch and looked at the chalk board they were using. "HEY BECKIE!" said Les in her happy voice. I looked away and was getting stuff to make sandwiches for me and my siblings. "Would you like to help with ghost hunting" asked Izeck. "YEAH!" shouted Les. I turned around and shook my head no. "OH PLEASE BECKIE PLEASE!" shouted Les. "Ham or Jelly?" I asked "BECKIE!" moaned Izeck. I gave them their sandwiches and sat down in the living room. They wouldn't leave me alone with the GHOST thing. So I said yes.

It was about 4:30pm and mom was home. Izeck and Les were still making their ghost plan and I didn't bother to listen. Mom said it was good that were all playing a game together, but Les said it wasn't a game. Mom rolled her eyes with me following.

At 8:30pm, the storm was worse and the house shook. "IT IS TIME LESLY" said Izeck. "It's Les" I said. Izeck hit my arm and grabbed Les and I followed them upstairs. We went in a room that I didn't even know we had. But there were no lights. No windows. No closets. Only one little rocking chair. I sat down in it and Les threw me out of it. "STOP!" she shouted "THAT IS CASSIDYS CHAIR!". I walked over by her and told her to settle down. "Who is Cassidy?" I asked, "A friend of yours" Izeck and Les's mouths dropped open. "Friend" they said "SHE IS THE GHOST WE BEEN TELLING YOU ABOUT!" shouted Les. "Really?" I asked.

Les shook me and pointed to the chair. It was rocking! ALL BY ITSELF! It was true. They really saw a ghost. We have a ghost in our house! "Cassidy" whispered Izeck "It is us. Come on girl. It is ok". We heard a loud thunder from the storm and lightning. We saw a white figure in the rocking chair. She was about 15 to 17. She was wearing a white dress and had a basket full of dead flowers. With dead skin too.

To this day I do not go with Izeck and Les upstairs, but I swear that I hear the rocking chair squeek. And in my money vase, there was a dead flower.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I'm not so sure about this one... I know what fear can do to people, and the thing about the dead flower in your money vase sounds a bit fabricated. Don't take offense, it's just hard to differentiate the real stories from the exaggerated ones. Also, I wouldn't be so surprised about the rocking chair moving, considering you had just gotten up from it. And how do you not know about rooms in your own house?

If there is a spirit though, I agree with Cherry Ann that you should be sure not to let the children play with ghosts too much so that they don't form an attachment or become afraid.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
Eek!Pray for her please and keep us posted on what's happening! I hope she dosn't mind yall in there...
Cherry Ann (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Creepy...children are more "open" so they see the undead. Maybe you shouldnt entertain the ghost so much because it might get to clingy then it would cause problems

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: