You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Creepy Warning

Real Ghost Stories

A Creepy Warning

 

Before I start I'd like to say that I have my own my experience, my aunt's experience and my mom's experience. This happened just last week on Thursday. You see we live in a small town that is a reserve. I won't tell you the name though.

It all started when my aunt Susie was on her way back from the airport after picking up my brother's telescope, she was riding on a Honda (its a very small town so we don't have to use cars) as she was driving she saw something at the corner of her eye. She turned expecting it to be one of the young men talking a nature walk, but what she saw was something she didn't expect. It was a black figure, it looked like a man but all black, tall and wide walking in BROAD DAYLIGHT and then disappeared. This happened somewhere around 3:00pm in the afternoon.

She wasn't scared, just excited and curious. She stopped her Honda and stopped her uncle who was riding behind her on his own Honda. She asked him, "Did you see that?!" He gave her a puzzled look. "See what?" He rode past her up ahead, she was excited thinking that she may have saw bigfoot. She drove to the spot where she saw it to find that there were no tracks anywhere. Thats when she realized that it was WALKING ON THE AIR and it wasn't that far from her so she could clearly see it.

Later that evening something tragic happened. A man named Matthew (who is my cousin) went on the canoe with the new cop Wilfred. They were just admiring nature until the motor stopped and the waves were coming in and it flipped over the boat. Wilfred was telling Matthew to swim to the shore and that he'll be alright if he just hung on to the boat. Matthew swimmed to the shore and saw that the boat had sunk with Wilfred clinging onto it. This had happened around 1:00am in the morning.

I also have a little experience myself. I woke up directly at 1:00am. I felt really weird and uncomfortably (I was sleeping on my bed on top of the covers). I suddenly felt sore and cold. At first I thought it was my fan but then I realized I always sleep with my fan on. So I decided to slip under the covers. My mother also had this strange feeling too. I could hear her walking around the house still awake. She stated in the morning that she was freezing last night (which is something that she rarely feels) and that she couldn't sleep for a whole hour (to let you know that the water at the river is freezing cold at night). The next morning we had heard the news about Wilfred.

My aunt told us about what she had seen on Thursday. We all believed that it was a sign. My mother and I told her what we had been feeling that night. They are currently searching for Wilfred. It has been five days now and we couldn't find him (we believe that his body has floated down to James Bay which is a very big bay). This is the last day they are searching for him.

Sorry if this story seemed long and not very creepy, I plan to go down to the river to see if I feel any ghostly presence (we all believe he is dead now).

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pringles123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Maggots (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Very strange story you got there, I heard the same story last year from my grandparents told me that my grandpa came home one day when he went out to the park on his atv since he loved to go around town before everyone wakes up and one day he saw the figure you talked about in your story.

What your aunt told you was almost the exact figure what my grandpa saw in the corner of his eye but with long black hair, the honda is kind of loud but he remembers the figure being like a hundred feet away but he could hear that being talking to his ear whispering something he didn't understand which made it more weird.
anniewilder (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hi pringles123,

This IS a creepy story ~ thank you for sharing it. If you're interested, I'd like to include it in a book I'm writing about haunted roads. Contributors may use a pen name and will receive a stipend of $25.00 and a free copy of the book. For more info, please contact me at truckerghoststories [at] yahoo.com.

Thanks, Annie
Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Weird I had I had a dream that a pregnate woman got stabbed in the stomach 😲 Could this mean anything 😕
pringles123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Hey everyone, sorry for not commenting for a really long time. Anyways the search ended in July (really long time ago) and yes they did find Wilfred. Just his body, unfourtnaly his soul was gone. He is now an angel in heaven.

Now for your comments. Ghostseer, yes my family and I do have a physic ablity My mom, brother and I already know about our ablilty.:)

To the other comments, I don't know what my aunt saw... But you guys are probably right, maybe it was an angel of death... I would've had a heart attack if I was what my aunt saw... Anyways thank you for all the comments.
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Hawkgirl may be right.

I've seen a black figure that wasn't really an angel of death however I've also seen something that looked nearly exactly like that thing in Mothman Prophecies what would consume the walls. This black thing I think might be an Angel of death as well.

Have you seen the movie/tv show "Dead like me" its funny, cute and seems far fetched however after knowing what happened to me and hearing other peoples stories I wonder if there isn't some truth in the Angel of Death concept.
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
I think that the black figure your aunt saw had something to do with Wilfred's passing. Angel of Death? Maybe. I would've been freakin' out if I witnessed some figure disappear 😨
mikeandalex (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
Im sorry to hear bout Wilfred. Hope you do well. And the black figure was probably a sign that something was going to happen. Scary right. Good luck 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Have to agree about the sensitivity that seems to run in your family. Not sure what your aunt saw but apparently only she saw it. Angel of death? Grim Reaper? I don't know. Your cousin was in trouble but didn't die so maybe that's why you and your mom felt what you did and your aunt saw what she did. For whatever reason you three picked up on an impending tragedy. I'm glad your cousin survived and I hope they find the cop's body for the sake of his own family. I don't know if you can pick up on where his body ended up but if you want to give it a shot do so. It may end up helping Wilbur's family.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Sounds like you are a bit of a "Sensitive". I see all the markings of one gifted, but you are just in your baby stage. Develop it or not, doesn't matter, you do what is right for you... Let me know if you have any questions. Ghostseer
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
wow! That was very cool. Did you ever think that maybe the black figure was the angel of death? He is the spirit that collects other spirits and he shows up before a friend or family member dies as a warning. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: