You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Story In Japan

Real Ghost Stories

My Story In Japan

 

My first experience was when I went to Japan for a family visit over the summer. It's been a long time since I visited them. I was only 15 and that's when it happened. Before I went to Japan, some of my friends would tell me ghost stories about Japan. I thought they were just teasing me, so I ignored them. When I arrived, it was going well. The first week of my stay in Japan was going very fine. But I felt as though a shadow was following me. I kept having this feeling like someone had been watching me for a while.

One time, I woke up in middle of the night and I was still sleepy. I don't even know why I decided to get up, but when I looked over to my shadow, I found another shadow behind my shadow. I quickly turned around, but no one was there. I was freaked out so I went to talk to mom and dad but they wouldn't listen to me. I went back to sleep, but felt a warm hand touch my forehead. I was scared, so I just pulled the blanket over my head and closed my eyes tight.

The next morning, I talked to grandma and told her about it. She told me that it must be her late daughter's dead son who died at age 17 of a fever a long time ago. She told me not to be scared because he wouldn't do any harm to me. Even if she said not to be scared, I was still scared. Ever since I told grandma about it, she would tell me stories about the time when he was still alive and that he was a nice man. For some time a few weird things happened, but I just ignored them or forced myself to sleep.

On our leave, we waved good-bye to grandma and the others. When we got in the car, I stared into the house from the corner of my eye. I saw a man by the window waving bye. I turned to look, but no one was there. I then noticed that the man was from the room I was staying in. I was scared, but I was glad that we left because I didn't know what might happen if I stayed a little longer there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jigoku_Shonen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chiix (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
I think the ghost was just saying " Hello ". It's a nice kind ghost that won't do any harm. Your cousin?, is being kind. Maybe it just wants to protect you, since he died around your age. He was probably happy to see more of his family. 😁 Don't be scared, he won't hurt you.
wolfv3s (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
eh? Sugoi desu-nee. I don't think this ghost is a bad one though, probably when he touched your forehead (with warm hands) was a sign that it was your grandmothers late daughters son.
Yea Next time try to wave back.:)
blytle (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
sugoi-nee (mwahaha...Japanese student) this doesn't sound threatening, you should have listened to your obaa-san. (grandmother) Family is a big thing in Japan, so I guess he was just looking over the fam.
InvisibleRaider (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
You explained this story very well. Maybe the ghost wanted to say hello or something. Thanks for sharing.
Arigatou gozaimasu! 😜 😁 😉
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
awwhh this ghost sounded so nice! He was trying to protect you not harm you! Maybe if you gave him a bit more time you could of made a new friends 😜
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Guess he wanted you to know he was around. Hopefully he just visits and is not stuck in this plane of existence. This is also your grandmother's grandson and it seems she is comfortable with his presence and has no doubt felt it many times herself. I can imagine it's scary but it doesn't have to be once you understand what is going on. Be glad your grandmother was open enough to level with you and comfort you as well. You experienced what many spend years trying to achieve but isn't that always how it is? The ones that want the experience rarely get it.
Moonlit_Catastrophe (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Awww... I like this story, thankyou for sharing! ❤
Your (cousin?), he seems really nice, especially the goodbye bit.

God Bless ❤
'bee.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Sugoi (amazing in japanese) 😊 great story... And great name by the way hehe...
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Yeah I would be freaked out too, and I would sleep in the same bed as my mom and dad and not only that I would sleep in the middle. But after that incident if someone told me the story about the ghost I don't think I would freak out after that.
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
nice story. I really liked it ❤
Don't sweat it though. I bet you think your cousin followed you huh? It's alright. I believe your grandma when she told you he won't harm you 😊
Shia453 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Your grandmother's late daughter's dead son? That would make him your cousin, right?

It sounds like he was trying to protect you more than anything. When you mentioned that he died of a fever, I thought back to the warm hand touching your forehead. You were 15 at the time, which was close to his age when he died. Maybe he was just worried and wanted to make sure that you didn't have a fever as well?

Then, of course, he waved goodbye when you left. From your account, I personally think that he was happy to have you there and was trying to look out for your well being while you stayed with him. A very kind and gracious cousin, indeed.

Maybe next time, you could wave goodbye back to him.
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
That is interesting. I would be very freaked out if something touched me to whether someone said it was good or not. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: