You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ally Wouldn't Say Good-bye - A Tale Of A Cat Stuck Between Worlds

Real Ghost Stories

Ally Wouldn't Say Good-bye - A Tale Of A Cat Stuck Between Worlds

 

When I was 10, we had four cats. Now, I won't go into detail for these cats, but I will tell you the haunting story of one cat that wouldn't let go.

Ally was our 13 year old alley cat who was having some troubles in health. My mother took her to the vet one day, and she never came home. I was distraught. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, so I went into the living room to take a look at some of the old letters and pictures I had of her from when I had been younger. I was deep in thought, observing a cute picture of her, when I heard it.

A tick tick tick sound. It was rather odd, and I looked up very slowly. Now, my old cat was famous around our house for making noise wherever she went. She had non-retractable claws. And this sound met the bill. I didn't see anything, but I was disturbed, so I ran up the stairs. Nothing else happened for a while, and our house returned to its previous peace.

Then, a month later, in the early winter months, I saw her. Ally was...alive? I was shocked to see that Ally's tail was protruding from the side of an open door, but when I opened the door the rest of the way, nothing was there. This happened many more times in the following two years, along with the sounds and a few sightings... I was scared. My cat was back. And I didn't know what to do.

So I did what I thought was best. I got a picture of her, and I buried it... As far down as I could get it. And I believe this brought some peace to her life, because she never did come back, but the second I had the hole covered up, I heard her familiar meow, and then I felt a sense of peace. I think she was just trying to tell me that she was alright, and that she was moving on.

To any of you who are reading this, and have lost a pet, know that they are still with you, in your mind, soul and in your heart.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Smokeykins, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HeavensJeans (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I just lost my furkid, Heaven, on Nov 8, 2010. She passed sooner than I wanted. One minute she was trying to poo, next second she died instantly. She had been suffering from nasal melanoma cancer and it had spread to her lungs and spine, inspite of the fact that we had put her on a recently released vaccine that is supposed to kill her cancer cells. She vomited blood at 10pm that night. I took her into the vet at 11pm, then she died as she was trying to relieve herself before we were making our way home. I am distraught and in total shock. I keep crying and want to connect with her. But I don't want to be scared. But I want Heaven to still be with me. Am I being really selfish? I feel that she is safest with me and I want my baby to grow up knowing Heaven. Heaven was always very protective of my baby and I wanted that to continue for a long time... Now, Heaven is not here with me and I am broken. I am planning a private cremation ceremony where I will burn some of the things she loves to eat like beef, mooncake, her fav toys, some letters from me to her, a t shirt with my smell on it, etc...

If anyone has any tips on how to connect with your beloved dog, I would appreciate you sharing it. Thanks so much!
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Oh my gosh... That story made me tear up! 😭 About a year ago, my cat had to be put down because she had cancer... And that story reminded me of her, and now I'm about to cry!...Anyway, that's such a great story! I think it's good that Ally said goodbye to you-she must have really loved you! 😊
welshgirl88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Thanks for sharing! Its a lovely story!
I miss my dog so much! He must of passed over when he died as I have never felt him around me! Or maybe he just doesn't want to come with us!
I miss him soo much it hurts!
And its been 2 and a half years! Does it ever get any easier? Does anyone no how I can check if hes passed over so I no hes happy? Or is there no way to find out?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
Hi sound good to me, I have three now Four cats passed away in diffrent years, It was sad. Now I have two cats still alive but one that is old now just turn 12 today july 3rd. Sorry about your cat ally.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Thx, 4 sharing it because I really LIKED it...

I have 5 puppies and all of them died.

Thx again
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
A very bitter sweet story-thank you for sharing it Smokeykins!

I think our pets never trully leave us as long as we remember them and love them for who they've been in life-our loyal companions whose unconditional love made us better people.

Ally was there because that is where her home was and always will be and I suspect that her frequent visitations had a lot to do with the fact that you were in pain over her loss. Once the painful "absence" becomes what it was supposed to be... "sweet memories" they move on to a "place" not far from here since they still visit to give us comfort and hope.

Thank you!
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Oh, I love your story! Just last year, two of my dearest pitbulls passed. I was so distraught (I still am) and I feel like I can no longer find pets that would equal the closeness and love I felt with them. At the time I was about to bury my 'baby' Gorilla, his body was covered with dirt except for his face. Before covering his face with dirt, I said my last goodbye and suddenly, there was this strong gust of wind around me! I felt that it was his own way of saying goodbye and thank you. It made me cry even more! I miss my Shiva and Gorilla... Blessed be! ❤ ❤
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
That story was heart wrenching! I have had a few pets pass away and it's a tough thing to deal with. You feel like you've lost your best friend. Although you miss you kitty, it's comforting to know she loved you so much that she wanted to come back and say goodbye. Thanks for sharing this story with us!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: