You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Encounter With A Woman Possessed

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With A Woman Possessed

 

This incident happened last year and is one of the most eerie incidents ever experienced by me.

My close friend Manish dabbles a bit in the field of occult. Since his childhood days he has this gift whereby he can sense paranormal activities with amazing accuracy. His parents were earlier worried about this but have now come to terms with it. Manish has channeled this gift of his very well to help people having trouble with ghosts and other paranormal events. He doesn't expect any monetary benefit out of the services rendered to clients. I have accompanied Manish out of sheer curiosity to some of his clients and this incident is one of them.

Manish received a call from a person called Mr. Narula asking him for his help. His son, Rohit who had recently returned from the US with his wife and a 4 year old daughter was experiencing weird occurrences in his new home. Manish fixed up an appointment with Mr. Narula at his house and we reached there as planned. Mr. Narula greeted us warmly and we sat down in his spacious living room where he related his harrowing experience to us.

Mr. Narula was an elderly man who had led a fairly comfortable life working at a high position in the Indian Railways all his life. He had retired a couple of years back and lived with his wife. Money was never a concern with him and he wanted his son Rohit to have the best possible education available. That is why Mr. Narula had sent his son to US to complete his post graduation in Computer Engineering from one of the best Universities there. In the US Rohit met a girl called Rochelle, a fellow student and fell in love with her. Going against his parents wishes he went ahead, married her and settled in the US. Mr. Narula however reconciled with his son after the birth of Rohit's daughter Anita. He wanted his son to come back to India and live with them. It was a tough decision for Rohit considering that both he and Rochelle were well settled in the US. Rochelle was very supportive and they decided to return to India. Rohit initially stayed with his parents but once he got a job, they decided to purchase a new house. The house which they purchased was a beautiful one with a sea facing view. Rochelle and Rohit were very happy to have got such a beautiful house at such a throw away price. They however did not realize what was in store for them. Initially everything was fine but then things started to happen.

Incident 1:

One night Rohit woke up at around 1.00 am and found that his wife wasn't in bed. He looked around and found her on their terrace. She was in some sort of a trance staring blankly at the dark sky above with an eerie smile on her face. He shook her and she came out of her trance like state. Rochelle had no recollection of her getting out of her bed. Rohit, though concerned, comforted Rochelle by telling her that she might have been sleepwalking. But Rochelle was sure that she had never sleep walked ever in her life. Both of them subsequently forgot about it and got along with their daily routine.

Then something really strange happened which scared Rohit out of his wits.

Incident 2:

Rohit had to attend a late night dinner meeting with one of his client and came home at 1.00 am. He was surprised to find the door open. Surely Rochelle would not be so careless so as to leave the door open at night. Fearing for the safety of Rochelle and his daughter Anita he quickly entered the house and called Rochelle. All he heard was a low scream coming from his daughter's bedroom and it seemed like Anita's. He quickly went inside and was horrified to find his daughter crouched in one of the corner of the room and Rochelle sitting close and staring at Anita with the same blank expression and the eerie smile on her face. Rohit shouted at Rochelle which again brought her out of the trance. Again Rochelle did not have any recollection of anything that had happened. Anita scared out of her wits on seeing her mother in such a state was crying inconsolably. Anita told Rohit that she was tucked into bed as usual by Rochelle at around 10. 30 pm and left alone in the room. She was fast asleep when someone shook her vigorously literally throwing her down from her bed. She saw that it was her mother... But it couldn't be, she thought, for the woman in front of her was cursing her in a language which she had never heard in her life. The woman (her mother) was speaking loudly like a mad woman laughing and crying at the same time. Her voice seemed different and her long hair all over her face. This was just ten minutes before Rohit stepped in the house which probably saved the kid from suffering any further harm. Without any further adieu he sent her off to his grandparents place the very next morning.

In the next few days Rohit found his wife very aloof and withdrawn, a marked change from her generally bubbly and extrovert personality. She hardly spoke to him. Rohit informed his parents about it and he had planned to take her to a psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Incident 3:

Then the final terrifying change in Rochelle began. The same night Rohit spoke to his parents, he found Rochelle missing from her bed. She was in Anita's empty room standing right below the ceiling fan staring at it. Rohit went near her and tried to wake her. Rochelle gave him an icy stare and immediately started abusing him in Urdu, screaming at the top of her voice and throwing things about. Gathering his wits, Rohit immediately locked her in the room got one of his neighbors and tied her to the bed. She was very aggressive for sometime bud calmed down subsequently and fell into deep slumber. Thinking that it might be a case of split personality, she was immediately shifted to a hospital and was subjected to thorough checks by the doctors. They could find nothing wrong with her and all the while she was in hospital there was no trace of the aggressive trait she had shown earlier. Immediately after she was discharged and sent home the aggressive behavior started again. One important thing was that this personality change occurred intermittently. It did not occur everyday and would happen suddenly when you would least expect it.

Frustrated at the inability of the doctors to provide him with a conclusive answer, Rohit had asked his father to contact Manish who was known to them through an acquaintance. As planned, Manish and I reached Rohit's place late in the evening since we wanted to get a first hand look at the changes which were happening to Rochelle. Rochelle looked very sick and was bedridden. Rohit was very worried and tired since he hadn't slept in the last couple of days. Apart from them there was a housekeeper along with Mr. Narula in the house. Anita and her grandmother stayed back at Mr. Narula's place.

From the time we entered the house, I saw a troubled look on Manish's face. I immediately knew that we were in for a tough time ahead. He was concentrating hard as if to locate the exact cause of the problem and from the looks of it he seemed pretty close. Then something unexpected happened which still gives me nightmares.

We were in the living room when we suddenly heard a loud noise in little Anita's bedroom. We immediately rushed to find Rochelle standing on Anita's bed. She had tied one of the bed sheets lying nearby to the ceiling fan, fastened the other end into a noose, put her head into it and was trying to hang herself. This was really very creepy. Regaining our composure Rohit, Manish and I immediately pulled her down, lifted her and put her back in her bed. All the while she was abusing us and kicking about and trying to free herself. She did so with such tremendous power that it took three of us to subdue her. She was tied firmly to her bed. Manish then asked everyone except me to leave the room. Once we were alone, he took Rochelle's hand in his and started chanting a holy mantra (a hymn). He was concentrating very hard. This seemed to work as it seemed to calm her down initially. But suddenly I found Manish sweating profusely; he was finding it difficult to get words out of his mouth. The evil entity within Rochelle was clearly winning the battle. Something happened in the next split second which I cannot describe even to this day.

I got up and tried to pull Manish away from Rochelle. I had to use all my strength since it was now the evil entity that was holding on to Manish as if it was sucking the life out of him. With great difficulty I managed to separate them and get Manish out of the room. Manish fainted immediately once we were out. But being the strong man that he is, Manish recovered within half an hour. He got up and immediately asked everyone to vacate the house without losing any more time. The task in front of us was to get Rochelle out of the bed, leave alone the house. The entity within Rochelle resisted with all its strength but somehow this time Manish seemed to have the upper hand. With great difficulty we got her out of the house and to Mr. Narula's place. There was a lot of commotion in the building but nothing except Rochelle's safety seemed to matter at that time. Once out of the house Rochelle immediately calmed down. It seemed as if the hold of the evil entity on her was waning. She had calmed down fully by the time we reached Mr. Narula's place and was deep in slumber by the time we left. Manish assured the Narula's that there was nothing to worry now and everything would be fine. He promised to come over again the next day. Thus ended an exhausting but eventful day for Manish and me.

We went to Mr. Narula's place the next morning and found the whole family relieved with Rochelle resting peacefully.

Manish's explanation:

He had immediately felt the presence of some evil entity as soon as he entered the house. He could also make out that it was a spirit of a woman that had possessed Rochelle. The spirit initially managed to overpower him because it was around 3.00 am at that time and perhaps its power was at its peak. He was happy at my quick thinking which enabled him to separate himself from the evil force without suffering any harm. He was probably able to hold back the entity next time around probably since it was nearing dawn and the power of the evil one on Rochelle was on the wane. He told us that Rochelle had been saved from certain death that day. He also warned the Narula's never to venture into that house again as we had only temporarily subdued the spirit and not completely finished it. Rohit wept inconsolably and thanked us for saving Rochelle's life.

Manish and I made some enquiries later on and found that a Muslim couple had been living there prior to Rohit and Rochelle. The lady had committed suicide by hanging herself because of her husbands infidelity in the same room which incidentally was little Anita's bedroom. The husband hushed up the matter using his contacts with the police and immediately left the place. This is why Rohit had got the place at such a throwaway price.

We checked on the Narula's after a couple of months. Rochelle was doing fine and had found herself a job too. No incident had happened after that night. Rohit too had resumed work and they were still staying with their parents place. Little Anita was happy to be with her grand parents and so were Rohit's parents

As for the haunted apartment, it is still lying vacant and deserted. Rohit resisted all temptation to sell it saying that he did not wish to put someone else through the same ordeal as himself.

What happened to the entity inside the house?

No one had the courage to go there again. Your guess is as good as mine.

Other hauntings by sanjubhat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sanjubhat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

swapnilnarendra (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-26)
Sanju, your stories are beautifully written. Why not compile them in an ebook and put it on amazon for kindle (or maybe on Google play store). I have bought several shiatty ebooks and trust me your stories would give any decent Indian horror writer a run for their money.
Thuynga (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
I must say that You have a very good way of telling stories, and I like to read all the stories that you told us.
Thanks for sharing very interesting stories.
Wyland_Renald (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
You have written this excellently. I will look forward to reading your other stories.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Another awesome narrative sanjubhat! I was totally gripped. Keep writing!
Pinks (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
hi. Awesome story. Have some questions. M interested in these thngs
Pinks (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Hi Sanju. I am new member. Hpnd to read your narration. Amazing! I have certain questions, mind if v cn connect?
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
hey you write the stories it makes us feel that we are present that time.
dpk91 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
sanju whatever you write dats just 'faadu'...keep it up bro... 😆
dpk91 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
sanju jo b likhte ho yar fadu likhte ho... Keep it up...:D
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
If this is a true story, then keep the symbol of a Holy Cross in that house and see the difference.
mukesh_cap (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
hey sanju, how you doing buddy, you know I like to read your stories, you write well... I mean the way you narrate them seems more intresting. Keep posting dude, I do wait for your posts, anyways I'm from pune as well, living in UAE but originally from pune. I don't know if you ever heard about the fergusion college ghost, was years back when my brother studied there... Don't have much idea... But if I get the real story, will post it. Take care man.
waynedruart (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
how come all of this happens just with you... But I must was reading a lot of your stories its kind of interesting... 😐
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
That was a very sad tale. Thank Gosh the family are healthy and doing well.
Cherry (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Wouldn't a Yagya or havan help to get rid of that ghost from the house? Ever thought about it?
sanjubhat (16 stories) (23 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Thanks Jennifer/Lee for your comments and feedback.
I agree with fully Lee that we still have a lot to know about these things.
When we light a candle in a dark room we only lighten up a part of the room. The light signifies only a small part of the knowledge which we currently possess but the darkness that still exists is the real knowledge which we will hopefully learn & understand someday.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Another great story! Thank you. I always look forward to your posts.

Jennifer ❤
BansheeLee (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
San-
I must say, fabulous story. It is remarkable the things we have yet to understand. You were lucky to be able to witness something like that, although, I'm sure it was quite frightening... It was a learning experience and one I'm sure you will never forget. The little paranormal things that I have encountered in my life, have been experiences that have helped me realize there is so much more to our lives... Hopefully with more experience, we will all find out.:) Thanks for a wonderfully well written encounter. Take care! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: