You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: London Road - Apartment C

Real Ghost Stories

London Road - Apartment C

 

I am actually still in shock that this is happening. This is not my experience, my boyfriend is experiencing it. I will relate the incidents as told to me. I will try and capture the details to my best.

My boyfriend, let's call him P, lives in an apartment in Brentwood, Essex. The apartment is bang opposite to a cemetery on London road. I have always been too spooked to stay alone in the house mostly because the cemetery is right in our face outside the living room window. Now he has lived there with a roomie for over a year. He has never felt anything weird of funny until last weekend. I was staying with him for almost 2 weeks before I had to return to my hometown and I was generally spooked because of the cemetery but nothing has ever happened in that house.

P has an attached shower in his room; it's a decent room not very big or too small. He was sleeping as usual at night and in between his sleep he heard the shower running. He was confused first, but once he realized it was almost midnight and there was no reason the shower should be running, he was a little scared. He felt the room getting moist like it does when you have a lot of steam in the bathroom after your shower. This was the first time. He slept light that night and almost forgot about it in the morning. But in the same week one night he woke up to the sound of the shower running... Now he was really getting spooked since he remembered feeling the same the other night. He was about to get up from the bed when he saw this lady come out of his shower in a white a white towel around her and she saw him see her and almost instantly faded away. P tells said all his hair stood up when this happened. He definitely did not sleep that night and ever since sleeps very light.

He has checked with his room mate and apparently he has not felt or seen anything different. This is the update until Wednesday, which was yesterday. I' am very confused since nothing has happened over a year... Why now? Why all of a sudden and why only with P?

Will come back on Saturday if more incidents take place. I may not respond to queries or suggestions until the weekend since my office has taken out access to external sites... But I will respond!

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by logan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, logan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-03)
Fergie,

I am so sorry that I never saw your comment until today!

I have kind of been paranormal free for a long while now, TOUCH WOOD! I have never really had many experiences, only the ones I have posted on here. I have heard of a lot of stories from my granny, mom... Maybe will post them sometime. Been hesitant as most of them are secondhand information.

I am glad you like the stories and thank you for taking the time to tell me. I love your stories as well:)
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Hi Logan, here we are 3 years later. I have read your accounts - again! The first time was before I 'joined the club', hence the lack of comments. I enjoyed reading all of your experiences.
Do you by any chance have new accounts to add, after all this time? If you do, I would certainly be interested to read them! 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
That's alittle freaky. But hey I'm sure I would fade away if someone was going at me after I got out of the shower. That unless I didn't know they were there.
GIRLIE ❤ *hAVE a nICE hAUNT*
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Thanks a ton for all your comments... BTW one update is my boy friend and his room mate are due to move out of that apartment on 18th July since their agreement gets over on that date. That is a consolation as my boy friend is really ahving trouble sleeping in the room.

Recently his room mate heard someone walking in the living room and walk to the common bathroom while he was watching TV late night. I will try and check on any new burials or incidents in the house.

Logan
Arithod (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
so it has been pointed out the bone yard plays a role. The shower is simply explained if a spirit is fresh, new to the spirit world, it won't know how to gather the energies to make itself corporial but like fog and mist the water droplets in the steam can stick to the energy of the spirit (its aura) and make it easier to see it could be that the spirit is lonely in death and is reaching out for someone to help it through its hard time. Your friend "p" was just the closest person to the originaly manifestation
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
lolzy_34 is right. You might want to check if there was any recent burials made on the cemetery. That might explain the question: "Why only now?"

Also, there can be an issue of dates. Its possible also that this woman might have died in the house but only shows herself on specific dates or month significant to her life (or death). In any case, you may want to check on the history of your boyfriend's house to know more about it.

On a positive note, it's a good thing this is just a friendly haunting, meaning nothing wrong happened to your boyfriend, though of course he was spooked and all. 😉
lolzy_34 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
This is just a suggestion but maybe you should try and find out if someone has been buried in the cemetery recently. Post on here if you find anything interesting! 😊
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Wow that's creepy... But yes, I think it's obvious that having the cemetery in front of his house is playing a role here. He should do some research, maybe that woman is buried there and she died at your boyfriend's home or something.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Hi Dan,

Thanks for reading my story. Even I wondered that this may be his mind playing tricks since he was half asleep or something... But twice in a week and the moisture in the air was hard to argue... Just my thought.

Logan
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
P lives near a cemetery so it is hardly surprising that there has been some sort of paranormal experience, especially London Road cemetery I think if I remember correctly it is quite big? Unless I'm thinking of another one in Essex. Why now? Well that is a good question, there is always the answer that well maybe P was already half asleep and so the mind plays tricks. However if this was indeed a paranormal encounter which I don't doubt then it was probably just the right time for the spirit. And as for the question of why P? Well maybe he is just sensitive to the environment, sensitive people can feel and see more in the environment, things that others may not be able to.

I know Brentwood quite well, P's experience would not be the only strange encounter that the town has experienced. Ever thought about asking the neighbors about experiences? I think it is linked to the cemetery. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: