You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Evil Intruder

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Intruder

 

I have had encounters with the spirit realm since I was a child, and as a result I have developed some degree of ability for sensing their presence, their mood or intention, and occasionally more distinguishing personal characteristics.

I am pretty certain that there are at least two spirits that seem attached to me personally, not my location. One is benign and a prankster. I rarely know when it is present or anything about it personally, usually only afterwards when I have to deal with the results of its mildly annoying pranks.

But I wanted to write this story about the other one. This one is a malevolent entity, and its intent is always to try to frighten me, usually in very devious and clever ways. It also seems to an ever increasing frustration level when I refuse to acknowledge it.

Two incidents stand out among the others, but I will only describe in detail the second incident which was far worse.

The first one happened in the late morning. I decided to go into my bedroom and read, after a moment I must have fallen asleep, though not deeply. I was suddenly aware of many human-like spirits of all ages, sexes and races entering into my room in through my walls, wailing and crying in sorrow. They just kept coming, until there seemed to be dozens and the wailing was very loud. At this point I felt very much awake, though in a trance like state. I even had the presence of mind to glance over at my digital clock and read the time. I had only been in there a few minutes. Eventually one of the spirits, a male from the voice, leaned over into my ear and let out this bloodcurdling screech. It was so ear-shattering and disturbing that I was finally able to break loose from the trance and fling myself out of my room. I was alarmed by this experience, but not exactly afraid. I do not much fear the otherworldly.

The second incident happened about three weeks later and it was probably the most horrifying I have ever had. It began at night, as I was settling in for bed, reading a book. The lamp was on so there were no shadows or darkness. I felt something run across the end of my bed. It had the weight of a medium sized dog, but the quickness of a cat. I caught just a glimpse of the creature, completely black and lacking true form as it darted across the bed. It happened quickly and I immediately figured that my black cat had managed to sneak into my room, as I keep the door shut at all times to keep my two cats out. I got up to check to see if the cats were in the room, and found them both napping on the couch in the living room. I felt suddenly ill at ease and decided to take my little heavy black flashlight into my room with me. I returned to bed and eventually turned out the lights. Almost immediately the disturbances began. There was knocking on my headboard and the walls, voices, shapes, and black figures that would loom over the foot of my bed and my bed would shake. Using my previous experiences, I was determined not to leave my room or show fear or even turn on my light... In fact I felt more annoyance than anything and anytime the ruckus started up, I would shine my flashlight in the direction of the disturbance and force myself to think positive thoughts. This went on all night and I got very little sleep until finally the sun came up and the disturbances all but ceased. It just happened to be Christmas Eve and my car was in the shop. Most of my apartment neighbors were away visiting for the holidays and I was basically alone in the whole complex.

Early, perhaps around 7am or so, I heard knocking at my front door. I decided to ignore it, assuming it was somebody's relatives looking for an apartment. I drifted back to sleep because I was so exhausted by the night before. After a moment the knocking started again at the front door... And this woke me fully up and I sat up, feeling grumpy.

Suddenly, I heard a crashing sound and heavy footsteps pounding through the living room and into the hall way. I was terrified and reached for my phone when something heavy slammed against my bedroom door, which was, to my horror, unlocked.

Angry fists pounded on the door, causing the door and dresser to shake. A man yelled in fury right behind my door. "OPEN THE DAMNED DOOR!"

At this point I was certain that someone had managed to break in and I was seconds away from being brutally raped and murdered. I have never felt such terror in my life. I understand now how people can freeze in panic. My heart felt like it was going to explode. All I could do was stare wide-eyed at the door and clutch my phone and my stupid little flashlight. I wanted to call 911 but my phone was too loud and I was too terrified to try, least I make any noise. I thought about trying to slip quietly over the side of the bed and crawl underneath, but I felt truly paralyzed with fear.

After the pounding and yelling, it was silent... Yet I lay there motionless, almost whimpering. I must have sat there for fifteen minutes before I realized that the house was silent. Eventually I summoned the nerve to peek over my bed at the crack under the door. There was no movement, no shadows. I was still shaking, and I still was squeezing my phone and flashlight. I thought for a moment and then decided to fling the door open with my weight behind it, hoping that if anyone were standing outside it, the surprise and force would knock them back. I ended up tumbling into the hallway and hitting my head on the wall. I ran and checked the computer room and the bathroom, behind the shower curtain and ran into the front room... The door was dead bolted, nothing was out of place. Nobody was in my home.

I sat on my couch sobbing for hours, too afraid to go back into my bedroom even to get sweatpants. I realized that whatever cruel monster did this was obviously furious that I had refused to be frightened that night and it decided to tap into my one true fear... The very real ability and capacity for living human beings to hurt others.

It was over a month before I even set foot back in that room. I still don't like going in there, and I still sleep on my couch, six months later.

*Everyone I have had the courage to tell has told me it was a nightmare. I hardly think so, but I still have trouble coping with the experience. I'm desperately afraid of what it might do next, if anything at all. If it could tap into this genuine fear and exploit it so perfectly, what might happen if it decided to frighten me again?

Other hauntings by BellaMorte

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BellaMorte, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
-BellaMorte-

When I was home alone I heard this terrible inhuman scream. Like a screaching animal bellowing throughout my house. I was like what was that!? I know the dogs heard it because they jumped up off the bed really quick right after. Then I heard all manner of chaos and ruckus going on in my house. I heard loud heavy footsteps, sounds like things getting moved about, the front and garage door opening and closing, etc... I was scared but I went out and looked around quickly and nothing was there! Then I left the house in my car and waited until someone got back. I was more scared it was some creepy person trying to scare me more than anything. I won't run from a ghost or spirit, so I can understand where you are coming from and how you felt. Fortunately it only happened one other time but without the loud scream (thank god). I've dealt with spirits my entire life as well so these are just a few experiences I encountered.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-31)
Hello. Wow... Your story gave me goosebumps. My worst nightmare is someone breaking into my home so I think if that had happened to me I probably would have all but peed my pants. Lol Anyway, my one suggestion I have, and I don't even know if this is something possible for you... Get a roommate. The only reason I say this, is that I have always been very sensitive as well and have had constant experiences with the supernatural since I was young. But ever since I started living with my fiance, who is a very strong and fearless personality, I haven't had a single experience. I think it's partially the fact that I'm less tuned in when there are other people around me, and also the fact that my fiance's personality is bold and brave enough to probably intimidate most spirits. I don't know if that's a possibility for you, but it's my best advice.:) Good luck to you, and I pray you find relief from this horrible spirit.
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Thank you for the comments. I've just never felt right in that room since. In fact just the other night I attempted to sleep in there and it was basiclly impossible, hours of waking up over and over is exhausting. I'm not sure why I have more problems in that room. It may be because it's the only room I totally isolate and the cats are not allowed in. It's the only room that has no personal touches and it's also at the back of the apartment and far from the door. My bedroom used to be my little safe haven, but it's just got a heavy atmosphere now. It's too quiet, too hot, too oppressive feeling. It's as if you are walking into another place, almost like an abrupt altitude change.

I suspect that whatever the negative entity is, it is either demonic or a very malevolent human spirit. I have had brushes with demons before, and I know that once you have contact you are "marked" in the sense that they also become aware of you. Wether or not they choose to target you... Who knows.
Odd just as I finished that sentence, my bedroom door creaked.
All I know to do is just try not to be afraid and to try to avoid acknowledging the negative presence.
And now there are noises in the attic. So I am going to wrap this up and not talk about it anymore for now.
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Oh my God, that was scary! 😨
Have you tried blessing your home or any other ritual of your belief system? Ask a friend to sleep over once in a while if possible, that could also help you feel safe.

Good luck
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
When you said at the beginning of your story that you thought it was you and not the place that was attracting the demon (which I think it is) I would bet money your right. I have been the same as you my whole life and you have to learn to tune out and turn off your reception to the other realm. Now I know that sounds a little kooky but we both know that some people are more tuned in than others, it's like being a big satellite dish for the spirit world. You need to sit quietly (anywhere outside of the area of the most activity) slowly let your mind go pitch black like a movie screen and tell yourself over and over your shutting down your ability to receive. Picture closing a door over and over and I promise this will tune out most if not all of the energy you are getting from these things. I have trained myself over the years to turn mine on and off. I have a super sense of knowing what someone is thinking by touch, that can get a little hurtful at times, so I tune out for awhile and then when I need the gift again I tune back in. God has given these gifts for a reason but sometimes less is more. Anyway Good luck
Blessed Be to all
Zukismom
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
I agree with konjou84, you not the only one has that problem.

All you need is protiection as in salt around all over the house or apartment and pray as in cross all over the house or apartment.
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
alrighty here... That is freaky. I am also one who is very little afraid of these spirits or "things". But I really think you should go back in that room. It's not the room itself that is causing this, it's the spirit, demon, "thing" that is. If you hadn't experienced anything like that again while sleeping in your living room I don't think you should be afraid of any other room in your apartment.

God bless you~ You need it just pray for protection. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: