You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Disturbances Since Childhood 2

Real Ghost Stories

Disturbances Since Childhood 2

 

There have been several experiences in my life, I could probably write a whole 400 paged book upon it had I been given the chance. Not wanting to bore you with unnecessary details I think I shall try to finish up these experiences for you. If you want the back-up story please read my first one.

As I have stated I remember my first experience at the age of five. I had been plagued for years by terrible dreams, but not exactly what you would call night terrors as I was never taken to a doctor nor did I ever scream in my sleep. They were so vivid however, that they had to be real at some degree. When I was around 6 or 7 years old, my little brother was around 2 or 3 we shared a bedroom in a little trailer. These dreams would go on for weeks, stop abruptly, and then resume. At the time my mom and father were going through a custody battle over me and the house was saturated with problems as she had taken to drinking excessively which has always brought out bad results.

These dreams would always start off with me wandering in the house, or playing by myself, and then all of a sudden I would get a very heavy pressing feeling all over my body, freezing me to the ground in total and utter terror. Upon the heavy feelings, darkness would descend, bleeding out any and all light around me, suffocating me. I remember that in these "Dreams" I would force myself to turn around and stare the main "Cloud" in the non-existent face, screaming at it, and then singing church songs until my voice would go raw. The louder I sang, the quicker it retreated. The sad part however would be that these dreams would happen every night for weeks and I couldn't stand to go to bed. I always made it go away but each time I did, it got more and more difficult to the point that I would be exhausted when I woke up. Sleeping with the lights on didn't help either.

I also remember that for years if I slept on my back, it felt like someone was digging his or her fingernails into my back, trying to skewer me in my sleep. I tried to find out what it was but it would go away when I turned on the light or moved to my side. Mom became increasingly more worried as the years went by because whatever she was peeing off was taking its revenge out on me.

My mother had reverted back to her old ways of drinking which always seemed to open her up to her dark past of Satanism. Not that she was practicing it but that her drunken stupor would cause accelerated activities. My step-dad was strictly Christian and mom never let on to what she was doing, but I think he was very scared for her and for me. He had the house blessed and called in priests but nothing he did made the spinning plants stop, or the shattering coffee pots, nor the wash cloth floating in front of my face while I took a bath. It was utter hell during those years. Again, I would try my best to not be scared, but come on, what is a young kid to do but not be scared witless?

At 8 and 9 the dreams vanished, my father was gone and I was living with mom and step-dad. Her alcoholism wasn't getting any better and since the dreams had abated, new things started. It didn't matter where we lived, or where we went. We lived in Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and God knows how many several dozen Montana towns. I believe mom didn't fully cleanse herself of all her demons. If she were upset, things would shatter, too drunk, things would fly. I wonder if she was the one causing these disturbances. One time I picked up my play phone, you know the plastic ones? It was ringing in the middle of the night, but the only way to make that noise is when you press the button yourself. My brother was asleep in the next room, but for some reason I just picked it up and answered. There was static and a garbled voice. My grandmother had died just a few days before and I think to this day that she was trying to say goodbye.

Sometimes I wonder what it is that I have, am I sensitive? I don't know. Evidence states that I am, but there are so many unexplained things and as such I wonder if it is wise to investigate myself, and what I can do if I am aware. There have been few experiences that have been good for me so I thought it best to ignore most things but even ignorance is not bliss. I cannot keep everything at bay and it is exhausting trying to do so.

My next story will consist of my College dorm experiences...ooooohhhhhh.

Other hauntings by Rhiannon

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rhiannon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
Your mom is sensitive... Your mom is having powers definately it happened to one of my friend's mom when she gets angry she everything starts shattering and floating... Try to calm down your mom... Try to tell her that you love her... Hug her kiss her to tell her that you are with her always believe me friend it will help you...

God bless you ❤
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Try an Islamic exorcism.:D I hope that you are safe and I think you should give Islam a try...
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Thank you for sharing this story and some personal information about you. I know it's hard to face these kinds of things, and definitely all you went through as a child was an open door for bad energy. I'll be waiting for your next story 😊
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
Dear Rhiannon,

You can't keep everything at bay because you need the Holy Spirit to fight for you. I hope that your mother realizes that she is in a battle and that satan won't let her go that easy. Maybe you should show her the e-mail that I sent you. It might help her as well.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
Wow that awfully about your mom and it is denfinlly demons doing that. Only do is pray.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: