You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Could It Really Be Possible?

Real Ghost Stories

Could It Really Be Possible?

 

I suppose this story started the night me and my best friend since the forth grade decided it would be a great idea to watch as many ghost stories as we could in one night. Since a long time ago when we had been only 10 we decided my house had to be haunted.

There was no wind in the house how could anything hanging shake the way it did at times? How could shadows appear from nothing at all? Why did the doors open and close themselves and the horrible sounds, what could possibly make them?

We weren't afraid of the "ghosts" we believed in. If they never hurt us why on earth would they suddenly start now? They seemed to us to just be minding their own business. However this night the ghost stories gave us this dumb idea to try and talk to them. Being only 13 at the time we where forced to sneak downstairs and take one of my mother's lighters and a couple of those candles we saw them use in the movies. We flipped the empty garbage can over and lit the candles on top of it then joined hands.

After asking only a few questions we both started to get the chills. It creeped us out so much we decided that was enough and quickly blew out the candles before hopping onto the bed. Turning around only a second later we discovered the candles had not gone out but where still flickering brightly. "Oh no" we said simultaneously from our vast knowledge of ghost movies we discovered that you where never to let go of the other person/people's hands before blowing out the candles.

To this day I'm still not sure if it was the adrenaline or my imagination or maybe a real event that happened next.

Stephanie and me started shivering and getting goose bumps. The little strands of plastic stars hanging from my ceiling began to wiggle around and clink together and my door opened itself.

Stephanie and me by this point where freaking out. What had we done?

We began seeing shadows shaped like screaming faces and the wind outside seemed much fiercer. This continued all the way until almost 6 in the morning. We even began to hear what sounded like crying and something banging on the other side of the wall from mine.

The next morning we began to wonder if we both had the same dream? Had we simply fed off each other's imaginations or had it all been real?

Im still unsure if it was even possible. What do you think?

Other hauntings by ahhitscaty

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ahhitscaty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
"Hobby lobby: My door use to open in the bathroom while I was used right after I did closed it but it open ifself then I relax that I told my mother about it she say she use oils to fix the door that cause of oil."-

So, do you think the bathroom door was well oiled or something else?

Also, going back to your original post, did you stay up after the trash can thing or try to sleep?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
Hobby lobby: My door use to open in the bathroom while I was used right after I did closed it but it open ifself then I relax that I told my mother about it she say she use oils to fix the door that cause of oil.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I'm just a little confused:

"There was no wind in the house how could anything hanging shake the way it did at times? How could shadows appear from nothing at all? Why did the doors open and close themselves and the horrible sounds, what could possibly make them?"- Did doors and noises start BEFORE you stood around the trash can?

Had you heard/seen things prior to this?

After the trash can thing, did you stay up? Or try to sleep?

I'm on the fence. On one hand you and your friend had been watching scary stuff all night. It could have been just you guys getting a good spook.
OR it could have been something. Maybe some more background on your experiences up to this night would be helpful
babiestastegood (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
Well, since you started asking questions you were kind of begging for something unusual to happen. I don't think that whatever responded was very happy about being disturbed though. Has anything else happened since that night?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: