You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ominous Dark Hooded Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Ominous Dark Hooded Figure

 

My family and I were all on vacation and my grandma had invited some friends of hers to stay at tour vacation house, so I had to share a room with my Mother and her 5-year boyfriend. I can't recall my dream very well, but I remember waking from it, and looking to the right of my bed and seeing a hooded figure standing next to my bed and having an extremely ominous presence. I somehow sensed that it had the desire to harm me or hated me deeply or something along those lines.

Its dark robes were kind of flowing or blowing in the wind even though none of the windows were open and there were no drafts. My cat was sleeping on the foot of the bed when I went to sleep, but he wasn't there when I saw the figure, perhaps because I was screaming bloody murder (or so my Mother says) or because he 'saw' the ominous ghost/demon/thing, as some people claim animals have the ability to see. My Mom immediately came to me, shaking me, and saying, "Hey, it's okay! Sssh, there's nothing there!" Apparently she had seen that I was staring at the spot beside my bed.

She told me the next morning I was screaming my lungs out for a good five seconds, and that her boyfriend near had a heart attack from my screaming. She asked me why I was screaming, and I told her while shaking terribly, "You were wearing baggy clothes (a hoodie) and looked like a dementor (yes, from Harry Potter) and I was scared." However, it never occurred to me until later that I had seen the Figure, and somehow my Mother had turned into it by standing in the same spot by my bed.

It's not like this kind of thing has never happened to me; actually, I have had a similar experience while back at home. I 'woke' up, experiencing sleep paralysis, and being unable to move any part of my body other than my eyes, which were drawn to the horrible, ghastly thing. Another hooded, ghostlike figure was actually flying from left to right by the foot of my bed, shrieking noiselessly all the way. It's robes were lighter; more of a rusty white. For some reason, I know that they are of the same nature, and in the earlier experience, I also felt a strong malice and evil presence. It was considerably smaller, about the size of a seven year old child.

My more recent experience featured a hooded figure much more like the size of a full grown human being.

I am not religious, however I have considered lately the idea that either the human mind is very crafty and implants, for whatever reason, visions of ghosts/demons/ect, or that maybe there are some dark presences in the world.

Anyone have similar experiences, or and ideas as to what you think my experience could imply, or why it may have happened?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kumquatweesh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
wow that's scary, I too have seen things as my father slept beside me. Those spirits are very bad and I recommend you pray when you see them again. Pray in the name of Lord Jesus Christ go away and leave me and my family alone. I am a child of God so without the permission of God you can't hurt me. Try it and see what happens, be careful and don't give off fear it will only make them stronger, Katherine.
Kenichi_Taro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
What you saw is what I call a "Hood". They're the embodiment of your fears. If you see one again, remember it's a part of you, and you'll be in total control of it. It could also be a "D-Hood". In that case, yes it DOES want to harm you, and it's a sign of death. I don't know any way to get rid of them at the moment. By the way, yes, your cat DID see it. Animals, especially cats, can see those things. One time, for example, when I woke up in the middle of the night and saw light circling around me, forming the shapes of people, my cat seemed to see it too.
ohitsjustademon (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Did anything bad happen after you saw it. This entity may not be a demon but a warning they appear to be out for no good but are really there to shock you into action and help.
princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
My brother had an experience with a dark hooded apparition or something. He was sitting at his desk doing bills, when he looked out the window he saw a blackhooded figure. He said he ran outside to see who or what it was, but no sight of anything. There was snow on the ground, but no footprints. A few hours later his dog he had tied up outside was dead.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
That sure sound scary and I too been told by my stepdad that I had been sceam murder that I didn't remember that and mother had woke me up and ask me did I had dream and I say no and not remember that but I ask my stepdad about that he say I scream murder I was like hmm but what you saw a hooded figure really creep me out I had that same things some say may had been a warning for me but the one you saw it is evil or something I wish I can be a help to you. Did your cat seen this things?
normal1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
i had the same expirience and when I asked my dad for answers he asked me if I had ever played the ouija or done anything with contacting dead spirits or whatever but I told him I never did anything like that... He is trying to help me still because I see it in my dreams only now I wake up feeling like it was actually next to me... I would tell you to pray but it dosent really cut it for me nowadays... But it makes you feel like your not alone anymore.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Simply say "God Rebuke you". You do not have to be religeous to believe in God. Our Saviour Jesus Christ cast out many deamons and evil spirits during His ministry on earth. He also gave those who believed in Him the power over the same thing. I have read pretty much all of the stories on this site and I can tell you, if you want to get rid of this thing and now, get a Bible, start in the New Testament, learn what Jesus did for you and how you can have power over evil. Place the Bilbe open next to your bed at night. Read it out loud, pray out loud and whatever it is, it will not stay at your place, it will move on to an easier pray like you used to be. You won't regret it. Peace out.
Arithod (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
on july 1st some one posted a story about a similar spirit like I told them don't focus on it and if a name pops into your head and your feel that name is related to the spirit DO NOT SAY THE NAME in times past names held power and saying it would not end well. The spirit in white sounds like a banshee (the spirit of a woman that was tormented in life by terrible sadness. The sighting of both these seperate spirits could mean that you are clairvoyant and just coming into your gift. If this is so your best bet is to get used to it spirits will be drawn to you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: