You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Abby

Real Ghost Stories

Abby

 

Since my experience I've heard a lot of strange things have happened during the making of certain Horror Films - The Exorcist, The Crow, The Omen and Poltergeist - such as members of the Cast and Crew dying and becoming ill, fires on the set, burns and horrid reactions from the audience such as being sick, fainting and one known miscarriage. Also a few deaths on the sets during filming where one man was shot with a gun that was firing blanks (the metal casing had fired off the gun accidently and hit him in his stomach) another stunt included an explosion where a piece of debris accidently caught the stunt coordinator in the head and he later died in hospital.

Rumors state that 4-9 members of the team died during the making of The Exorcist. 4-9 is a pretty big gap but let's just say up to 9 people were obviously injured and 4 out of those 9 definitely died.

Also a few deaths, similar than those what happened in the movies, happened also, the special effects director for The Omen was involved in a crash with his girlfriend where she was beheaded, just like David Warmer in the film...

Anyway my story isn't as bad as these, but what happened did freak me out!

Back in 2004 I started a two year college course in Graphic Design, most of our 'projects' included poster design, packaging design, DVD covers and special effects etc... In our final year we had to do a Final Major Project (FMP), I chose to make my own film trailer complete with billboard poster, DVD cover, and advertisement poster. The genre of my film... Horror.

Abby

After a bit of research on Horror films I decided (in my opinion) kids were the scariest/creepiest to use as the main character. My friend's daughter (Abbie) at the time was 5 so I got permission off my friend and decided to use her for my project. I went round to their house after buying a long plain white dress, we covered it in dirt and fake blood, back-combed Abbie's hair and did her make-up so she looked pale and gaunt, we even darkened her eyes. The pictures I took were really spooky! She transformed from cute Abbie to evil Abby (which is what I decided to call my film). For a child so young she took it very seriously and we got some evil looking pictures. I was happy and used most of them throughout my project.

I used the scariest picture we had for my poster and DVD cover and uploaded all of the pictures on the computer in college. I searched through the fonts to find one to suit a horror film and had no luck. I was given the name of a website where we could download fonts for free - and finally found one that fitted in perfectly.

At the top of the poster in large red font with a dark drop shadow I typed 'Abby' then in smaller white writing 'The Legend Never Dies'. It took me a few weeks to get the poster and DVD cover to look how I wanted it to and we also filmed the trailer around the college.

Towards the last couple of days I logged on to my computer as normal and opened up the poster file but something wasn't right. I was really spooked... Where I'd written 'Abby' in the installed font, now read 'KILL 9' in big capital letters. One of my friends who was sat next to me looked over as I laughed nervously and said 'what the... Is that?' He thought I had changed the name on purpose and was winding him up. I for a second thought someone had logged into my account and had done it as a joke. I deleted the text and typed in ABBY - no good, it began to type out KILL 9. Again I deleted this and asked my friend to type it... KILL 9 again.

Now I know you might be thinking surely if it were to type something it would be KIIL (with two I's because of the two B's in Abby) but that was the strange thing, it didn't and where the 9 came from I will never know.

We closed the file down and re-opened it, and as though it had never happened read the title ABBY again.

I haven't got a clue as to why it did this but it was really strange. Nothing else ever happened during the time I was working on my FMP but I was just curious as to why that happened - out of all the things to say, KILL 9 had to come up?

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
77believer thank you for this info... I shall look into that!:)
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
I looked Kill 9 up and it turns out it has something to do with computers. Maybe the computer was using it. It could be you clicked on something that started it up. I don't exactly know what it is though.
Marg (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
I've read about some of the actors and actresses that died over the years on the making of the movie,Poltergeist.It does seem strange how they died and your story was interesting. Strange things do happen and sometimes, without an explaination.Thanks,for the story.😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
wow spooky, The crow of brandon lee is my favorite thanks for the story and sure is creepy that something use other name for abby.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Thanks for your comment Necropolis_Seraph. I'm thinking of uploading the image of Abby ~ I'll get permission from my friend first as it's her daughter.
I left the college about 3 years ago now but I feel asthough it wasn't the building itself that was inhabbited by spirits as it was a brand new building for the art students. I took lots of pictures around the college and there was no strange 'Orbs' etc on any of them, except the Ghostly effects that I edited on after they were took.
KILL 9 were harsh words, but I am greatful that Abbie herself has never killed 9 of us! 😆 Although now, at the age of 10 and the moods she goes in, I'm sure she is probably capable! 😆

Hannah x
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Wow, that's cool, producing your own film trailer and making the posters and all. Hope you can show us a copy of the poster (or the picture), I'm really curious how Abby looks like!

Now, as per what happened to you, that is indeed really weird. It's really hard to think of a possible reason for this to happen. Maybe some spirits in your college wanted to tell you something, since you do your work in school and most of the scenes you shot were also in school. So I can't really suggest or think of anything that may cause this, but I feel this may all be related to your school. Might want to check some things out. 😉
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
lol yep I finished my film and produced a few dvds... All went well! 😆

Hannah
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
well, and did you finished your film?, how was it? (I mean!, the whole story please!) 😜
Thanks for sharing,

Claudia
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
I'm certain - no one on my College course was THAT clever... Haha. It even freaked out my Tutor at the time and he was just as baffled as I was. Thanks for the comment and possible answer - but I am 100% positive no one else was messing around with it. It was only me who knew my log in details and only me, my friend and tutor were in the room at the time. It was very bizzarre... 😕
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Weird...you sure no one was messing with your log inn on a remote mode. I mean if one can access someone's log in on a remote mode they pretty much can do anything even while your logged inn!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: