You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Behind The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Behind The Door

 

It was really in the morning when this happened (7or8). I had just got back from going to the bathroom across the hall. When I got back into the room I closed the door behind me, lay down and started to watch Twilight. During the movie it came to my attention that the window shade was swaying back in forth.

I believe I looked at the window numerous times before I actually got up to see if it had been open. While the shade was swaying I kept hearing the floorboards creak squeak in front of my bedroom door. From underneath the door I could see the shadow of someone's feet pacing back and fourth then finally stopping as if they were waiting for me to open the door.

*FYI: the window was not open, not even cracked*. When I finally got back in my bed I heard my sister's door slam next to my room, which was physically impossible because my sister was not even home at the time.

After the door slammed that was the last thing I heard that morning, for the time being. Also I noticed most of the activity happens to me when I am alone or when everyone in the household is asleep. Is this because the ghosts/spirits etc. Will know it will scare me?

Please let me know what you think.

Comment.

Other hauntings by katiebates143

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katiebates143, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BabyK (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Thanks for the comment 😊 and to answer your question, we did look to see what the noise could have been and nothing was there or broken. Our kitchen is set up so the counter top is between the kitchen area and the table/ dining area. And it happened right behind my mom so she turned around immediately and no one saw anything. I wish I could have seen something though, but I'm sorry I didn't have anything too interesting to tell you about it 😕
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
I was the only one at the time besides my best friend sleeping right next to me. Also I think I would of noticed someone in the house when I was walking back from the bathroom 😁 but other than that when I first saw the shadow of the feet I believed it was my Dad but why would he just stand their for that long of a time period? Why wouldn't he just come in?
GSI (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Strange. I've had the door thign happen to me to. I just looked at the door and it slammed. The wind just stoppded when it happened but these things happen. It might've been anotehr window or like Lazaria said just a draft in the house. The figure I can't explain. Maybe your eyes playing tricks on you. It happened to me b4. BUT other then that if you were alone and ALL windows were closed and if you have 20/20 vision and the same thing keeps on happening to you and other people have experienced it then maybve it is aa ghost. If there's one thing I know abiut ghost is that they love energy so when there are a lot of people they are bouind to come.
xSeranade77 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
Everytime I'm all alone, I shut EVERY SINGLE door and organize everything if I'm warned ahead of time for when I am going to be alone. When everyone comes back, I tell them to wait outside so I can check for any misplacements. By the way, is there any problem with my TV? Everythings new, but it turns on and turns off whenever I'm present.
Michael_lapp (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
hey I agree with them both but try this go trough the house and shut all the doors and then sit and watch a movie if a door slams its huanted.
Zaked (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
I agree with Lazria, it's best to check if you are home alone at that time and if you really want you can also look into these ghostly happenings.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Not to be a downer, but did you check to see if you were the only home? Also, some homes have drafts in them that can cause a back-pressure and slam doors. Of course this doesn't explain the footsteps or the blind movement (unless that was also caused by the back-pressure).

If you are the only one (and I take it you asked the rest of the family - even if they laugh, it's good to check) to see/hear thing, perhaps you are more in "tune" to it. It could be just trying to communcate and your the only one who is hearing it, so it concentrates its effort wholly on you. If this happens often, start writing down when and what you notice, maybe you'll be able to figure out something about what's going on. Good Luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: