You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New House, Strange Things

Real Ghost Stories

New House, Strange Things

 

I moved to my new house last October with my daughter, it's a brand new house that's just been built so I'm the first to live in it.

The first time something strange happened, I think it was January time when my boyfriend (Dan) was over staying. We were in bed about to drop of to sleep and we were both facing each other and there was a voice that sounded like it was between us and it was a deep male voice that said "oy" That really scared us both and we couldn't think of it being anything than a spirit, but after finally falling asleep we soon forgot about it.

A week or so later Dan had got me a picture frame with our photo init. I had this next to my bed along with one of my daughter on the other side of the bed. One night when I went up to bed, (I was on my own this time) the picture frame of me and Dan was facing downwards so you couldn't see the picture I thought nothing of it at first thinking oh it must have fallen down, it wasn't until it started doing it all the time. I had had enough of seeing it facing down that Dan and me decided to make sure it was standing up right one day and we left the room and went out that day. When we got back we went straight upstairs to check the photo and it was facing down again. The problem is this picture frame is more steady than the picture frame my daughters photo is in yet that never seams to move.

Another night Dan and me were in bed again. I had just changed the bed and put new sheets on and everything so there was nothing on the bed. Not to soon after we heard what sounded like something fell off the bed and rolled across the floor. When we both looked across the floor we could see nothing and thought nothing of it and got comfy again. Then there was a big smash from downstairs me and Dan froze, my first thoughts was omg someone is breaking in, but then I thought oh the washing machine is on so it could be a glass had fallen of the side because when the machine shakes the counter shakes with it. We went to see if it was a glass but there wasn't anything on the floor. Dan looked around downstairs and confirmed no smashed windows or break-ins, everything seemed fine so we left it at that and went to bed with no more problems...

However another time I was standing outside having a fag while Dan was watching TV and my daughter was playing in the living room (I have glass doors to the back garden) she came to the door and she normally puts her face against it (like kids do) but she was just standing there and this really creeped me out but her eyes went red for 2 seconds, it was so bloody scary I couldn't look at her properly. I had to switch off from thinking bad thoughts and maybe it was something else and my mind running wild. I don't know all I know is what I saw and it scared the crap out of me and it was horrible to think that when it was my daughter there.

Since seeing my daughter's eyes go red Dan and me had heard bangs and I heard when I was on my own what sounded like screaming at one point, there have been lots of other weird things too. Nothing has happened for about two months now though but Dan has also not been around for a while as he has joined the RAF and is on his training.

Just wondering if its something that's not happy about us being together or if it's just something else.

Would like it if I heard other people's thoughts on this. (Forgot to say my daughter is 18 months now)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tasha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
It kind of sounds like you might have something that dislikes your boyfriend Dan. It could be a jealous entity (like a male who doesn't want him around) or it could be a protective one (who thinks he shouldn't be around for your or your daughter's sake). If the activity has stopped for now, take care that if Dan returns, it could also possibly return. If it does, you may need to take additional steps to figure out what is going on and what it could want. Take care and keep us updated. Hopefully it's over and ya'll be safe and happy from now on.
tasha (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Thanks for your comments. I thought it could have been something else but couldn't think of what, it was dark outside as it was quite late at night. She just stood there and it was just 2 seconds or so very quick I saw her eyes turn red so it could be something else to be hounst I like to think its just a logical explanation because it was very spooky. I don't know what was there before the houses were build I might try and find out.
My daughter couldn't have put the pictures down because with her being only 18 months the only time she is upstairs is when I'm putting her to bed or giving her a bath and I normally keep my door closed, so that's still a mistry. I'm just glad that its all stoped now because I didn't feel safe in my own home. Thanks for comments once again:)
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Boy that is creepy, terrifying when our children are affected by these spirits/entities huh?

Question though... Was your daughter in a stationary position before, during, and after her eyes turned red (just to rule out any glare/reflections)? If the both of you were on opposite sides of the glass doors as you have stated, could her moving (...and catching a reflection off something around her) have played a part in her eyes turning red? Not that I don't believe you because I totally do. I just think it would be easier finding a logical explanation as to why my daughter's eyes are turning red. Way too scary for a mother to have to deal with in my opinion! Good luck and thanks for sharing.
babiestastegood (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
First I would find out the history of the land to see if something bad happened there before a house was built on it. Is it possible that your daughter could've kept flipping over the picture of you and Dan? Also, could it be possible for your daughter's eyes to have appeared red because of the glare from the sun or something like that? If you can find no logical explanation at all then you probably have a spirit in your house...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: