You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: What In The Spirit World Is Going Here?

Real Ghost Stories

What In The Spirit World Is Going Here?

 

We have some continuing occurrences in our home somewhat related to my first story ("That wasn't daddy on the couch").

I received great feedback last time and some specific advice regarding shape shifters and doppelgangers and we think this is what we are experiencing, but of course we really don't know what it is.

Avoiding further delay...

A couple of weeks ago we were putting the kids to bed, our son was in bed asleep already so we were just waiting for our daughter, who was roaming from room to room, to actually walk into her own as she then will have painted herself into a corner. But first she walked into her brother's room (which is directly across from our bedroom) now my husband and I were watching all this from the opposite end of the hallway from where she was. As she walked into her brother's room (and out of our view) we quietly reminded that her brother was sleeping and to leave him alone. We didn't even get to finish before she walks out of OUR bedroom (remember, the room directly across from our sons room!) YOU COULD HAVE KNOCKED US OVER WITH A FEATHER! I ran and picked her up and my husband went into our son's room to check on him. He was asleep and everything seemed to be normal. We could not believe what we had just witnessed.

Another incident- I was in my bedroom, lying on the bed doing homework, my son and husband were watching TV in the living room and our daughter was playing with her toys (as she walked back and forth from where I was to where her brother and father were). A few minutes go by and I hear her calling her father to help her in the bathroom (no response from him), again she calls for him but again no answer. I assumed he couldn't hear her so I yell for him to go help her. Just as I finished telling him she needed him she runs into my room, runs behind me, gets down behind the bed and hides. (Now, I will add I did not look directly at her but I saw her out of the corner of my eye, I heard her giggling, and heard her pushing things out of her way to find best hiding place possible, NO DOUBT IN MY MIND IT WAS HER.) I told her she had better get back out there and reminded her she had called daddy to help her. That is when I heard my husband (who is in the bathroom now) warning our daughter that she is going to fall in the toilet one day if she doesn't start using her own potty seat. In my head I was like "NO FRIGGIN WAY!" I rush to the bathroom; there she was, STUCK! I run to my room, dragging my husband behind me as I look and explain what the heck just happened. Hmmmm, STUMPED AGAIN!

And lastly- my husband was home with the kids putting them to bed (our daughter was asleep in bed already). My husband tucked our son in and said goodnight. Husband went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and just about the time he was finished he saw our son walk by the bathroom towards the living room. He reminded our son that he had better get back in bed or he was going to be in trouble. No response. My husband went out to living room, did the 1 2 3 countdown, again no reply. So husband decides to go check our son's bedroom and sure enough he was in bed asleep already, snoring too. Stumped yet again!

Anything anyone can do for us is greatly appreciated because we are terrified for our children.

We welcome any and all advice.

God Bless,

Bridgett

Other hauntings by pandora0791

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pandora0791, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Midnightshadows (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
I've done some research on AP and discovered that it happens in one of the four phases of sleep. My step-mother and I have both been interested in ghosts and the paranormal for a long time. I've told her of what I discovered and we are both still working on finding out more. I will try to help you as much as I can, for I know that all this must be terrifying.
Midnightshadows (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
I have a bit of a theory as to what you might be seeing. As ReyvenHawk says, don't we all project ourselves at one point or another? I think that maybe, if we have a strong enough urge to go somewhere in out dreams, we might just be able to do it. As for your daughter, I'm stumped. I will do some reasearch and try to help you figure out what to do. For now, I would suggest having a priest bless your house. Keep safe and please don't challenge anything you see, for it can be very dangerous.
Midnightshadows (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
I've heard of astral projection many times. I think it is very interesting to dabble with. I've never actually projected myself. Does anyone here know how? I read that you had to clear your mind of words before you can do it, but I can't get the words out of my head. If you know how to do it, could you please email me? My email is twilightbella1996 [at] yahoo.com
-Thanks. Oh and I believe your story. Scary.
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Wow I answered here and don't remember, LOL!

Anyway astral projection (AP) is a funky thing. A lot of people see it negatively but don't realize we all do it at some point or another. Does this leave us open for possession, attacks, etc etc. No our spirit is in constant contact with our body (some describe this as a silver cord), if anything attempts to enter us or gets too close, we zip right back and take control (and I'm not saying that this is or is not possible, I've never encountered anything but there are people who claim there are things there that will try).

I firmly believe sleep paralysis is due to a sudden return to your body and awaking before you're all the way in. It's also possible to go back in upside down, turned around, etc etc. Waking up grouchy could be a sign of this, as could having the feeling of not being "right". This isn't a concern, your body will correct itself on it's own, just ride it out.

Children tend to AP during their dream state more than adults for various reasons (more open minded, less amount of daily stress, vivid imagination).

As for them seeing ghosts, its very possible, the spirit realm is similiar to a layer covering us up, so spirits can travel through your home and your kids can possibly see them, or feel them. Unless one or some stick around it shouldnt be a concern (even the "bad" ones), but don't dismiss them seeing them, keep an eye to see if it becomes a regular occurance or just random times. Letting them know they are normal for these things and not discouraging it will allow them to develop it as they get older (some like myself chose to seal it away because it got too noisy at times).
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Correct. A soul can choose whether or not it wants to AP in most all situations. An instance where they would be forced out would be say maybe death.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Well, nothing to share since my post, thank God! I will however answer your questions and thank you for responding.

Tirada~ my children really don't talk of one thing specifically but they do say there are "ghosts". We don't know if they are saying this because they REALLY see ghosts or if they are saying this for other reasons (i.e. Wanting to sleep with mom and dad, or avoiding a nap). My daughter spoke of a bad man a few times in her room but that has not happened for quite awhile now. When they do talk of ghosts I try and push for specifics but only get vague answers (like "just ghosts mom!" or "I'm just scared") so I can't really say if they truly experience this or not. But I will say when my son "saw" his father sleeping on the couch (my first story) he was quite surprised when he also saw daddy in the bathroom immediately afterwards and he really wanted to know how his father "did that trick".

BriFischer05~ in response to the kids talking about past lives/people, this they do not do. In regards to your second post... Are you saying WE (as spirits) will never leave the host body (our body) unwillingly? Like, my children won't leave their body to AP unwillingly, that this must be done when we are completely aware of what we are about to do? Forgive me; I have little knowledge about this Astral Projection practice but given the circumstances I am learning fast. Please know my questions are genuine!

Thanks to all for reading.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
RayvenHawk is right. The spirit will never unwillingly leave it's host body. Leaving the physical self is prob very nice for our souls - a freeing feeling. It happens to all of us whether we're aware or not - mostly in dream cycle though. One can learn to meditate and harness the ability consciously - takes a tremendous amount of time and practice. Keep us posted...
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
That is just plain weird and really creeps me out. It could be any number of things; a doppelganger was mentioned already but it could also be them astrally projecting themselves. This is random but do they ever talk about past lives / people, anything at all like that? I get the feeling that they are both pretty in tune with the other side. Let us know...
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Maybe some kind of spirit (s) is playing with you. A Doppelganger comes into mind of course, since they imitate your children's looks or behaviors. There are just some playful ghosts around. Its a good thing though that the things you have experienced are not harmful in any way. 😊
Tirada (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
wow... Freaky stuff...
I wish I could help, but I'm afraid I only have questions: Are the children actually aware of this impostor? Has it made an appearance in any other form? My guess is that it might not be a human entity. Or maybe not... Maybe the entity just wants to get your attention?

God guard and watch your children:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: