You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: More Creepy Things. Is My Mom Attracting The Paranormal?

Real Ghost Stories

More Creepy Things. Is My Mom Attracting The Paranormal?

 

I think my first story is better but I feel like I should share everything that has been going on. I wrote my other story, 'We think there's a ghost in our basement' But since then more has been happening in our house.

When we first suspected something was truly in our house, my mom had told us about an expereince she had when we lived in our old house (about 5 or 6 years ago) She said when she was asleep in bed one night, she had woken up for no reason. Our dad was at work that night also. She said she couldn't sit up, like something was pressing her to the bed and the room was getting darker (the room was dark anyways) She also said there was a really dark blob-like figure right in front of her face. Considering the room is dark too, something really must have been there for her to see it. She said she couldn't move while she was experiencing this. And the funny thing is, she said while all of this was happening, she was thinking of Elvis... Lol

We don't know if it has any relevance.

(back to more recently)

Last night my mom was making dinner. My step-dad was out grilling on the BBQ, my sister was in her highchair, and I was in the living room watching TV.

My mom was on the other side of the kitchen when we all heard a loud 'crack' noise. My mom turned around quickly and asked 'what was that!?' I thought it had been her so I didn't know. And my sister (who is almost 2) kept saying 'noise. Noise.' over and over again. So it wasn't her who had done it.

My mom described the noise as glass cracking and I said it sounded like something smashing into the granite counter-top. It was pretty loud. It happened once more after that.

Nothing major has been happening recently but what my mom experienced worries me.

Should we be worried or just kind of ignore it?

My mom said she thinks it was a demon, and if it was could it follow her?

Other hauntings by BabyK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BabyK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Engrapefrugt (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
I want you to be sure to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

It is called sleep paralysis and might be what your mother experienced that night.
Not many have heard about it but it is a normal phenomenon.

About the noise - I have no idea why or who c (w) ould do it. I hope you all are okay.
God bless you.
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
your mom's story of being held down reminds me of Bill Bean's story. House of the Dead I think it is found on youtube. It was a very bad story over years.
GSI (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
:/ Strange. The ghost might've not been a demon bu maybe knew that if your mom did get up somethign bad would happen. Things like this can happen. (Trust me it's happened to me) and also the crack noise might've been from the BBQ. I know it sounds weird. (but soda cans falling onto the floot when no ones around and then you think " must be a ghost reliving it's life " is kind of stupider) but my BBQ does it and my friends does to. I don't know 0__e It's hard to explain. -.- Man. OK I guess I'll commment again when my brain is working other then that good luck!
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Dear BabyK,

Yes, a demon could be following your mother. I saw your profile and you need to know it's not about how religious a person is but rather if they have the Holy Spirit that counts. It is the Holy Spirit that battles against the spirits that tend to bug us.
katiebates143 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
well the night when your mother was awoken for no reason with the black shadow in front of her face... If she didn't feel any negative feelings towards it, it probably wasn't anything evil/demon but on the other hand the loud crashing noise did you guys go look at what it might have been? I want to no 😁
BabyK (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Thanks for the comments. 😊 I am pretty religious myself, along with my dad, and younger brother. I'm not sure about my mom, stepdad, or older brother though. 😕 And I do realize these are the ending times... 😢 so these could very well be signs I suppose. It scares me. But I will try to talk to my mom about how religious she is, and I hope I can help her.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
this is a very interesting story. I am not sure if this presence is a demon or not. So with that said. I have to agree with the others. I am not so sure what you should do. 😕 I think it is very good that no one has been hurt. And it is scary for your mom to say it's a demon. Isn't it. Well usually I know what to say for people with these problems. But, with this one, I can't really help you. Try praying for help, you know, going religious. But only if you want to. Other than that, I have no more to say. 😐
RLucz (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
These experiences are getting more common as we are in the end times and I believe the end is drawing very near. My daughter and I experienced demonic attacks for 2 years. The feeling of being held down is called "phantomania". It is a demonic attack. I can tell you that I went through many different avenues to get help. Eventually I ended up in a Christian bible church and once I started learning the Word of God and became saved the attacks completely ceased. I still have spiritual energy around me as I have captured pictures of the energy. The difference is I am not afraid anymore.
God is the only One that can really help you.
IrbeFan4Life (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
I don't know if you should be worried or not yet. No-one has been hurt yet and a crash is not a sign of violence, just a way to get attention to itself. If your mother does suspect a dark spirit or a "demon", you bet it can follow you. Unless it was conjured in the house and unattached to your mother, it would not follow. Once it attaches, a demonic being stays with you until you find a way to get rid of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: