You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figures Around Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Figures Around Bed

 

This experience occurred when I was between the age of 5 and 7 years old. I am now 25. I am a logical minded person and don't know what to think about what happened. However I am completely certain that I was not dreaming.

When I was a kid, I grew up in a house in the town of Minden, Louisiana. This house had no special history to my current knowledge. My older sister had just moved into her own room, from sharing a room with me. My room was almost in the center of the house.

My room had wooden bunk beds up against one wall (center wall of the house), two windows on the opposite wall of the beds, a small foyer with two steps leading to the rear end of the house (parents room), and opposite to that wall was a door to my closet and a door into the hallway.

Figures Around Bed 1

It was in the middle of the night and I was sound asleep on the bottom bunk bed since the ladder that kept me from rolling off the top had a broken hook.

For no reason I awoke and sat up in my bed. In a matter of a few seconds, my vision became clearer. As my eyes adjusted I realized, that there were white figures surrounding my bed. These figures looked to have a plasma look to them. I could see through them, but could not make out any detailed features about them. Just heads and shoulders and torso. Their shoulders were at the height of mine as I sat up, as if thy were adults kneeling. The figured had no space between them and even though there was no space between my bed and the wall, the figures were all the way around the bed.

Figures Around Bed 2

I didn't feel threatened by the figures and they weren't performing any actions, but I was terrified. I attempted to scream for my parents to come to my rescue, but no sound would come from my attempt. So, I got up and ran through the figures, down the two steps and tried to open my parents door. It was locked and I was so frightened that I used my hip to break the cheap door to gain access.

To this day, I haven't been able to logically explain what they were. My sister has had her experiences in that house and I almost remember my mother bringing in a preacher from our church into all the rooms of the house (Brother Barnes).

What do you think these figures were?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MercuryMax, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
[at] PrincessLotus

You are free to do so I just find it a little hard to believe that these were forces of good. To me them having surrounded her bed sounded like they were getting ready to perform some ritual.

That may not be the case it's just what it sounded like to me and the very first thing that popped into my head upon reading the story
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Um, I have to disagree, Bbrave. The first time I met an angel I almost peed my pants. I didt feel horror, but I was aeed & kind of freaked out. But I know it was an angel. Sometimes, yes they can make you feel comfort. But I really t.hink it depe. Ds I have come face to face with demons & have felt bliss. I really think it varries. Just say'n.

LSD
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
I can't offer any idea of what they may have been. But if you were terrified I hesitate to say they were there to protect.

Spirits there to protect you would cause you to feel safe in their presence. I can only speculate at why they were in your home.

Which will not help you at all so I'll not say anything about what they could have been there for
donavann21 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-30)
Well long story short, my mom had an occurrence last night with my great grandfather. He passed away about a week or 2 ago but she heard our dog barking and growling and then our back door pop open, he came to her bedside and said that he couldn't find his way, this was confusing to her because he had been a sunday school teacher for most of his life so she told him to just follow the light. He then saddly turned around and left. When he left she heard the door pop again, this woke her up immediately and she wasn't sure if she actuallly talked with him or if it was a dream. She got up and was checking the house and when she got to the back door the blinds were caught on the door handle. We never moved the blinds, all of us were asleep at this time so none of us were up messing around. The blinds never get caught on the door handle plus both the front and the back doors were locked so no one could have opened the door and could have been inside our house! Please let me know if you've had any similar experiences and or have any advise of why he can't find his way to heaven. Thanks Thomas
MercuryMax (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
There were a lot of strange happenings in that house I may post other stories about them but I'd have to ask my sister and mom about their experiences. I can only wonder if the new owners have had experiences.

I was not sick and yes a death in the family had occurred but not around that time frame. There was one night, after we rearranged my room, that there was a baby picture of me hanging on the wall and I could see it from my bed. I was laying in bed and I looked at the picture as I rolled over. In the picture the head of my 'baby self' started rolling in place like a ball and after I confirmed it from the bed I screamed for my mom.

My mom entered and turned on the light, told me it was a nightmare and then left. I took the picture off the wall and hid it under my bed and then went to sleep. I was the same age as in the story above.

I never had any occurancies like those anywhere else, in any other home.
princesspriceless (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
This Story is a bit strange but if you didn't feel like they meant you harm but you were still scared in my opinion they are there for your protection.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
That house remind me of my grandmother's neighberhoods. By the way I live in Louisiana but in baton rouge. You say that figure seem not harmless but you got scare. For the house is kind of small can be cheap like door that you can break.
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
well, I think that maybe they were spirits that had passed away a while ago, or something in that subject, maybe they were/are watching over you?

You said you didn't feel threatened, but you were terrified?
Strangely, I understand.

In fact, my grandpa has had the same situation, kinda.

He was at my cousins house... My cousin is in his 60's, though, and he was sleeping on the couch in the living room. It was about 6 in the morning, so it was somewhat dark, but getting lighter...
Anyway, he had just woke up, and had the urge to go to the bathroom. When he looked in the kitchen, he seen a few spirits standing there, almost like a family. There were two adults- a middle aged woman the had medium length curly hair, with a dress on and a large belt around her stomach area, not her waste.

A male- dressed in a pair of kacki pants, and a checkered shirt, with dark brown, or black, hair.

Three kids- a young boy, about 12 maybe 13, standing next to the older woman.

The other two kids were younger, one about 3 or 4, the other about 2 or 3. The youngest ones were climbing on a chair, and giggling away, while the other three stood talking. My grandpa really had to use the bathroom, but didn't know if they were harmful, so he just lay there, motionless.

Finally, he knew he couldn't wait any longer, so he turned on the tv, and looked in the kitchen. They werent there anymore.

It had gotten lighter outside, so he walked through the kitchen to the bathroom, and when he came out, they still hadn't shown.

He didn't see them after that. I don't know what this has to do with your story, but its somewhat similar, them being asleep and waking up to see spirits around them.

To this day, I am still a bit frightened to go to my cousins house, because I don't know if the spirits will show again.
Kenichi_Taro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
On second thought, these may not be nightmares. I don't believe in guardian angels, however, so I won't say they're "watching over you". These are what I've come to know as "night people". You shouldn't run from them. They mean no real harm. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I'm going to say these are spirits who found shelter near your bed. If you see them again, and you're still scared, a dream catcher might help.
ohitsjustademon (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Hi Max,
I love hearing stories like this its a bit of hope in a world of darkness. These beings often appear to children or the sick they are protectors or guardians. I my self have had a very similar experience. These beings stay with a person and watch over them for there entire life coming in times of important growth or diversity. Out of curiosity did you have any medical conditions as a child?
Ps1983 (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
From what I have seen and experienced, if you did not feel threatened than you were probably being protected. I have seen the same thing twice and believe they are Angels. Somebody was wanting you to be watched over and protected from something bad so you were.
ihorizon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
I believe this may be Angels from Heaven praying over you for protection and from harm.
Kenichi_Taro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
These people MAY have been a rare type of phantasm that I discovered at a slightly haunted camp - The embodiment of your unfinished nightmares. Because I didn't finish the nightmare, they became real life nightmares. They freaked me out when I saw them, but you say "You're just a dream" and they go away.
A7XFAN09 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
My grandad used to complain about tthe same thing, he said he would often wake up and see 'people' around his bed dressed in white.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: