You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Houses Are Creepy For A Reason

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Houses Are Creepy For A Reason

 

At the time this occurred, the three of us were 10 and living in Western North Carolina. My friends Alyssa, Sarah and I were in the woods around Alyssa's house looking for an old dilapidated house. Alyssa and Sarah showed me pictures they'd taken of the inside and there were people in them. They weren't quite solid though. All three of us believe in the paranormal and I (being the only who hadn't been inside the house, and being an amateur medium) was excited to be going there. We walked inside and I instantly got a throbbing headache and felt as if I was going to be violently sick. I gripped the doorjamb. Sarah was still outside.

"You okay?" she asked. I nodded and took a few steps in. A wave or cold over took me and I visibly shivered. Trying to shake it off, I peered into a side room. There was a broken chair and a bed of springs. I went back out into the front room and walked farther back to where Alyssa was. I stepped in the door way and surveyed the room before me; a broken desk and ripped up curtains, lots of wall insulation and a bright red coffee can on a dusty shelf. The coffee can had not a speck of dust on it...

"Hey Alyssa, are we the only ones who've been here in a while?" she nodded. I pointed to the coffee can. She picked her way across the room and looked at it more closely. Sarah popped up behind me.

"What's the history behind this place?" she asked, startling me. "My grandpa says that when he was a kid a family used to live here, then one day they just disappeared, gone, no trace, nothing." I felt something icy on my ankles. Looking down, I saw nothing. The cold intensified and I felt as if there were hands were gripping my ankles. The grip got harder and I had to move. I told Alyssa and Sarah what I had just experienced and both their faces paled. "What?" I asked. They exchanged glances.

"When we were here yesterday, I felt the same thing." Sarah said. I blinked and stepped further into the back room. I turned and looked back towards the front of the house. Something on the door of the back room caught my eye. I looked closer at it and saw there was a picture of the house in its grander days. There was a dog on the road that went by the place. What struck me about the picture was that it wasn't carved or drawn on the wood. It looked like the picture had grown with the tree this door had been made from. At this point, all three of us were about to throw up so we went out the front door and stood staring at the house.

"Let's try to make contact." I said. Ignoring all my sense, I went back inside and stood in the doorway where something had grabbed my ankles. I tried a few questions but got no where. I tried one last time to find out what the name of the ghost was. I didn't get a full name but a single letter did pop up in my mind. It was the letter "T" so, was this just my imagination, or was I on to something?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evolet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
anything about people disappearing without a trace seems to auto peaks my intrest. I just wish that their was more info about it or where this place was so I could do some research of my own on it. A story is wanting to get out of that place that's for sure.
thering2 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
i agree with nmg5789 you should do research on the house and the land. You were given the "T" for a reason. I would definatly go back and find out more. But be careful you never know what will happen. Hope this helps. Good luck 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
maybe it try tell you that ya'll throw up outside sound like the house inside was gruesome I mean horror that have something to do with without trace.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
I find this story very interesting. Have you returned to this house since? Have you tried to do any research in to the disappearance of this family?

I think you are definately on to something and should do research and find out as much as you can about this property/house and maybe you'll find answers there. May the spirits in the home gave you the "T" because they want you to discover what happened to them if in fact they did seemingly just disappear without a trace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: