You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Cell Phone Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Cell Phone Apparition

 

This occurred last Saturday night on April 7th, 2007 (night before Easter). My 15 year old daughter Sydney was watching the DVD "Borat" with two of her friends. My husband and I were in the next room. She had seen the movie a couple times and was trying to film funny scenes with her video cell phone. The phone will film for about 15 seconds before shutting off. She filmed a couple scenes and nothing was out of the ordinary. Then as she filmed the following clip, she could see a black floating object through her phone screen but did not see it as she glanced at the TV. Her friends were talking to her and watching the movie as she sees this "thing" floating in front of the TV on her phone. My daughter is perplexed and can be heard saying "What the h..." at the end. She took another film after and it was normal.

What I see is a 3-D floating object that seems to have a face lying sideways in the upper left of the object. Another strange thing are the red lights on top of the TV. We have no electronics on top of the TV and the only red light is the on/off button at the bottom. When I looked at the before and after clips she took, there were no red lights on top of the TV.

I have had some strange experiences in this house in the eight years we've lived here. Once, I was vacuuming and a mesh soccer bag came out of nowhere and landed in front of me. In irritation, I said my daughter's name thinking she had done it, only to look up and see her outside playing. There was no one else home. Another time, I was home alone with my cat working on the computer upstairs. I heard the sound of a bell tinkling and a noise, like a cat tumbling. My cat was in my lap and there were no others in the house. The cat looked like it had seen a ghost and wouldn't come downstairs for a while. I have also seen a doorknob jiggle with no one (real) on the other side.

I spoke with a woman who rented our house before we bought it. I called her about some mail of hers we kept getting over the years and out of the blue she said "You know that house is haunted". We live in an area that was inhabited by Chumash Indians so she said she had an Indian Spiritual Leader come through the house. He or she said something about this house being very active with negative energy. I don't feel it's negative, but I do feel there is something.

Can anyone recommend a researcher I can send the video to for analysis?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Funny enough, I was intrigued more after reading the comments, than the actual post. I'm in no way trying to be rude, I've just never seen so many skeptical reviews to 1 entry. As for me, I see something black obstructing the view to the television...that's basically it. It's not something that I would have automatically deemed paranormal, but for whatever reason you chose to. If in the future you can post further footage of other activity your experiencing then possibly we can get a better glimpse into what you say is taking place inside your home.
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
This one is so obvious, it sickens me at how easily people can be swayed by suggestion. Your daughter was obviously not filming the tv at all in this video. She was probably not paying attention to what she was doing when she filmed this one. What she filmed was the top of a coffee table in front of the tv. You can see the streaking of the reflected light on the surface of the table. Since the object on the table was not reflective, it looked more solid. To anyone who reads comments before watching videos (which I recommend) do not even bother with this one. It will waste 15 seconds of your life, and give another view on this crappy youtube video.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
LakotaWinyan, how on earth does that object look like a crow? Its a flat shape more like a mini carpet.

Jocelyn, I'm not sure about the lights above the tv, they could very well be from the VCR/DVD player as Lakota had said, indicating its being used? As for the image on the screen I'd say it was the phone blocking off the recording. My old phone used to display thick black lines across the screen when I tried filming the tv. Hope this helps you out some bit, although judging my the date it was submitted, I'd say I'm a bit late! 😆
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I know I'm taking a chance that you will never read this, however, if a Spiritual Leader really did come into the home, he or she would have, upon feeling the negative energies, blessed/cleansed the place. I should know, my husband is one (Holy Man, aka Spiritual Leader). He never goes anywhere without his tools (sage, sweetgrass, tobacco, bitter root, etc), especially into a home if he has been asked to go there because of strange voices/activity/sightings.

As for the video, there is something that looks like a fake halloween crow ($9.97 walmart seasonal aisle) posed in front of the tv. Doesn't make sense. It looks like a dvd/vcr on top of the tv, above the black thing. I have watched it over and over, and it doesn't make sense as to why you didn't show the full video, but only the 15 seconds of that.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Strange I saw the lights that were mentioned but I get no vibes from the video bad or otherwise. So I would not be worried. However I do believe something was there
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
You sure your daughter is not playing a prank? Have you discussed the activity you experienced with her? Maybe she's trying to fuel your fears. 😐 The object looks solid and three dimensional. The lights don't look at all strange. And the quality of the footage is quite bad. Anyone can make out anything from what they see there... 😕 Why didn't she film herself reaching out for it? I don't know about this, not enough to go on here. Aloha - 4d
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
If it was a reflection, it would move when she does. It's completly stationary. And if it was a reflection, then why does it extend past the T.V.? As for the red lights? They could be a reflection of something, if there is something on the wall behind the television, like a mirror or a picture. If someone told you the house is haunted and you'd like to get it taken care of, I would suggest talking to your church family if you have one. If that's not your cup of tea, then check with your local PI team. You could also try burning sage? But I love this video. It's really interesting!
xCreepyGirlx (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
the red lights looks
Like eyes to me... Kinda freaked me out a lil 😨
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
I'm sorry. I really can't see anything. Just something that looks like a cut out in front of a tv screen. I kind of wished it had of been blocking my tv though when I watched that movie. Not a borat fan.
EpiphoneMariachi (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Um... Does anyone else see this as a piece of paper or something on a table covering the tv's reflection on said table?

I don't want to seem like a jerk or something... But that's what it looks like to me.
Near (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
the video is not actually creepy, the creepy thing is that they are some guys here that can't see the figure 😲
Near (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
Paige... What to say... Ure telling that there is something on the camera, why she moved the cell phone and the "thing" stayed...
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Wow, that's really creepy. The object seems to be floating right in front of the tv. If you do get someone to analyze it, please report back to us. And thanks for sharing this!
melikas (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
You could try paranormal Research Society. Or just look up local ghost hunters in the area.

You said that a mesh soccer bag came from nowhere. If you didn't recognize the bag, it obviously had something to do with the spirit and it's story.

Aportation is a way that intelligent spirits of people who were murdered or murderers like to communicate.
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
Negative Energy does not always mean evil.
if you study the history of Paranormal. You will find that in more modern times the term Evil has become politicialy incorrect, so people have replaced it with words like 'Negative' or 'Dark'

seems to me that whatever is in visitation at your house it is more mischevious than anything,
sammie (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
sorry, the only thing I see is the red light's that may be comeing from the vcr. As for the black thing, I have no idea what it could be. What ever your seeing,I'm not, Again sorry.
Kalessehuine (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Um, do you mean that the flat black object that looks like a piece of paper wasn't there? And the lights weren't there either? Highly unusual. If that is a reflection, it is the darkest, most opaque reflection I've ever seen in my life. I unfortunately have no answers for you honey, sorry. Hope someone does, though! ❤
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
What! I don't know what the video is suppose to be really there's nothing strange its blurry and I can't see nothing. 😐
jason_hawes (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
red lights mean negitive manifestation if you see red streaks orbs or anything else, I would suggest a cleansing, but I think the figure is a reflection off of the tv of somehting in the room
Shaun (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Your experiences are definetely not the norm, however I am an electronic engineer, surviellance equipment is my speciality. Most camera phones have an infra-red night vision feature. The frame speeds on the television and camera differ, therefore one may randomly see red spots reflecting off the inner glass lens of the camera, as the infra-red adjustments are not in sync. Red travels faster than other colours. As for the object, I cannot comment.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
I think I'm going blind... I believe y'all saw something, but I can't see it!
paige (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
it looks like something was on the camera of her phone or like jem said something shining off of it.
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
The black figure kind of resembles the Virgin Mary with her hands folded and on her side, if you look, you can see her hood.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
Being in California you could probably contact H.P.I. Out of Sacramento and see if they could possibly help you. The lady who rented from you should have had the Native American perform a cleansing ritual on the house, that is if he was truely a leader or Native American as he would have know how to do this. You could even try and contact a local tribe and see if the medicince man or woman would be willing to do a cleansing ceremony for you. They shouldn't charge you anything for it, but it is always nice to give them a donation for the supplies they use and the length of time it takes them to perform the ceremony. It may also take a couple of times for the ceremony to completely work. Plus do not take the ceremony lightly, like joking or laughing or believing it won't work as this is an insult. Good luck to you and your family.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Jem (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
To me it looks like the TV screen is reflecting off a table or other shiny surface. The object may be something sitting on the table and since it is a reflection, the TV screen is appearing upside down hence the red light being on top.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: