You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Everyone Wants To Meet The New Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Everyone Wants To Meet The New Baby

 

My new son, baby Jake was born on June 13th, 2009, and is now 3 and half weeks old. He's had many visitors but none as strange as the 3 that turned up the other day...

Now that Jake is growing and becoming more aware of the world, it's not just a matter of feeding him, changing him and putting him to sleep, so getting him settled is becoming a bit more difficult. I've taken to reading to him after he's had a feed and a nappy change but still doesn't feel like sleeping.

Being born in winter, I chose a story book entitled, "the winter child", a fairy story by Terri Windling and illustrated by Wendy Froud. It's one of my favorites and quirky enough to read to a boy, being a fairy tale and all.

So I had little Jakey in his bassinet as I sat on the end of my bed, which I had JUST made, and read to him. Sneezle, the main character and his friend twig, had just escaped from the goblins and their evil master Malagan the sorcerer, in a flying shoe... Of course.

I'd like to think I'm a lively story teller, and Jake being so young he probably doesn't understand the words I'm saying, but at least appreciates the tone variance in my voice as I read to him.

Anyways, I'm reading away and Jake's starting to settle when I start to feel movement behind me. I ignored it at first but then thought, "Hey, it feels like someone's settling into my bed". I kept reading and shifted my position and shortly felt movement again. Realizing that it was very different from my own, the way the bed moved and all, I glanced over my shoulder and was quite shocked to see a heavy indentation of what looked like a bum print on my partner's side of the bed! I thought then, "oh dear... We have company..."

I kept reading some more thinking OK, they just want to hear the story too, and being a strong believer in fairies and spirits too, I didn't want to offend them. I don't want keys and socks to start going missing around the house!

When I got to the end of the chapter, I closed the book and stood up saying, "that's all for today. Jake's asleep now and I don't want him to miss the rest of the story". I left the book on the bed and wheeled Jake's bassinet out into the lounge, then came back into my room to inspect my bed.

To my surprise, I noticed there was not 1, but 3 indentations, all different sizes! The first one was about the size of a small child, toddler even. The second, about half that, and the third was even smaller, maybe even smaller than Jake! Remember, I had just made the bed and nothing had been on it, and these were heavy indentations, as though someone was sitting there, only I couldn't see anything, just dents in the doona.

I' didn't want to panic or fret so I just calmly said, "I hope you enjoyed the story, and I really hope your intentions are good because if anything happens to my son, I will find you".

I then left the room and went about my business. I decided to leave 3 biscuits in front of the dents, just in case they were fairies, I hear they like sweet gifts. Coming back into the room again later, the biscuits were still there, as were the dents, but they weren't so deep now, as if who ever was sitting there had left. The pressure of their weight was no longer pushing down into the bed. I felt the air above the dents with my hands, and it was warm and tingly and sent shivers up my spine. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it all so later that day I had my 2 best friends come over to see.

They both felt a tingling sensation as soon as they entered the room, saw the indentations and felt them the way I had done before. They both felt something although one said it was warm and tingly, the other said it was cold and clammy. They both had constant shivers up their spines as did I the whole time we were in there.

That happened two days ago now and for the record, there were no drugs or alcohol involved, but I did want to share this story with others to maybe get an opinion on who or what was listening in on my son's story time. I don't think it was a bad thing but regardless, I slept in the lounge room that night with Jake curled up beside me and the dog asleep on the couch next to us... Just to be on the safe side.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tarz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Heavenischocolate (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
I totally agree with RayvenHawk. Just let them listen to the stories next time you read to Jake. They seem like sweet spirits just wanting to listen in on a nice story. They probably haven't heard a good human voice in a while 😜

Anyway, I wouldn't be too worried about it, they could actually be guarding Jake, but if anything weird starts happening (bad things)
I would contact someone or seek some help, because evil spirits can be very powerful.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
snap, my birthday is june 13th as well.
I like the fact that you were so calm, I think I would have freaked out. I hope your baby is growing up healthy and well. Do you mind posting the picture online because I am sure others, like me are curious to seeing these invisible little visitors.
PikaBabie (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
My birthday is June 13th! Next year, not only will I throw a birthday for myself, but I'll put a "J" on the cake too. Hope your baby stays healthy!

Much love-
Pika ❤
psychic_chic (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
i agree with Rayvenhawk I have experienced this before and it is most likely kids just wanting to be acknowledged. You just happened to catch their attention with the story and that is how they let you know they were listening.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I would keep up the reading, please remember young one's didn't survive too well 100 years ago or 50 years ago, so I think you have storytime and if Jack or your dog did not freak then I think there just little ones who want to here a story, and keep up the sweets...
Tarz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
wow, how appropriate I got all those comments one month after Jake's birthday. Well we just actually moved from that house on the weekend so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. I do actually have some photos of the bed just after this happened and you can see the dents quite clearly.
I guess what rayvenhawk said is probably true. I get pretty agitated when I'm ignored too and just start doing wacky attention seeking things until people notice. I'm shocking, can't help myself. Shall continue with the story and hopefully the rest of my book aren't buried beneath a mountain of crud in the storage unit.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
This is a really cool story! I have never heard of anything like that, but it doesn't sound like your visitors have bad intentions. However, that story you read to your son must be a pretty good one, if it attracts an audience like this! 😊
cmordies (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
but I have encounterd seeing a fairie before and I also used to have this fairie called lullabelle I used to talk to her and glitter used to appear on my hands so when I encounterd seeing a fairie I was in my bedroom when the tv went of so I got freaked out and cuddled in to my blanket then I peeked up from the blanket and saw a pair of white beautiful wings by my doll house and flying out of the room I was so scared I hid under the blankets then I had confidence to run down stairs
cmordies (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
when I was ten in my old doll house I still have it I used to ask the fairies to leave diffrent coloured glitter and they used to leave it and no I never had glitter I wasn't the crafty type
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
You sound just like I do. I've had encounters with entities hiding my keys (only to stop and demand them back and locate them in an area I and others could not have overlooked several times).

If I were you, I'd see it the same way, I don't think they are meaning any harm just like to hear a good story now and then. Though I would suggest to keep the stories up because it could be possible to upset them enough from you ignoring them that they may start doing things in the house to get your attention. When you read again, and they arrive, let them know you'll continue to read provided they behave and don't cause any problems, otherwise you'll have to ask them to leave for good.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: