You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It Real Or Just My Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Real Or Just My Imagination?

 

Alright, so I'm not sure if whatever has been happening to me is real or not. I've been trying to debunk it all, but couldn't. Oh, and just to let you all know, this all happens in my room.

So, before I begin, let me explain what my room's looks like. When entering my room, there is a closet that is to the right of it. Right in front of my closet (about five feet away or so) is my bed (where I put my head is directly by the wall. So the bed is horizontal from the closet). Right beside my bed is the window (which is about three feet away) and right where the head of my bed is is my nightstand. (It has a lamp on it and an alarm clock). In front of the foot of my bed is my TV. To the right of my TV is my computer and to the left of my TV is my keyboard. (At the time, I didn't have a keyboard there). And that's basically it. I'm sorry if the description didn't make any sense. I suck at describing things.

Anyway, let's begin, shall we? Sorry if everything you're about to read makes absolutely no sense. I'm not much of a good writer, so bare with me, OK?

1. I was on my computer at around 9PM, talking to one of my friends. Right when I was about to reply back to what my friend had said, out of no where, I suddenly felt this draft flip the back of my hair to one side (like, as if the wind had blew against it) and I KNOW that my doors and windows weren't even open at that time... But before that happened, I saw this black shadow on the floor move from my TV to behind me. I wasn't sure if that shadow was my imagination or not, but I ignored the 'wind' and 'shadow', thinking it'll all stop.

2. Lying on my bed at night, I was trying to go to sleep. I couldn't fall asleep that night, so I decided to look around my room. When my eyes finally fell on where my computer was, right there was this... Figure. From what I remember, it had a pale white face (just imagine a white mask) and its body was all black. My sudden reaction to seeing it was surprise and fear. So I took a quick glance over at my window, then when I looked back, nothing was there.

3. I was on my bed using my mom's laptop. I was watching this one horror movie by myself with the lights off (besides the laptop's). Sometime during the movie, I heard a sudden cat's meow coming from outside my window. It sounded so loud, I jumped. It wasn't one of those normal "meows" they make. It was more fierce, as if trying to either scare something or if it's in pain. Since I don't have a cat (or any pet for that matter), and knowing that it couldn't be any of my neighbors' (they only have dogs. I know that for sure because I never see cats running through my yard, through any of my neighbors' yards, or even hear a 'meow' once before this ever happened), I can't explain if it was a REAL cat or not (that was the last time I even heard a cat's meow too). The freakiest thing, though, is that after the cat's meow, the laptop shut off automatically, leaving my room pitch black. I know it couldn't be low batteries because it would warn me before shutting off (it'd usually say, "hibernating" or the screen would dim a bit). Plus, the plug for the computer was still on and the plug on the outlet was on too.

4. Laying on my bed, just as I was about to drift off to sleep, I heard this sudden noise that came from the corner of my room (right near my nightstand) It sounded like what the Grudge would make, except not as long and loud. When I heard it, I jerked my eyes open and looked around my room, trying to find the source of it, but couldn't find anything. I tried going back to sleep again, but it started up again. I got frustrated when it kept happening over and over again, so all I said was, "Can you be quiet, please?! I'm trying to sleep!" And then, the noise would stop. It didn't happen again until a few months later. Except, the noise was much louder. It sounded so close; it felt as if it was right by my bed. I said the same thing to whatever it was and it stopped. Haven't heard from it since.

OK, so that's it. None of those have ever happened to me in a long time. I only get occasional feelings of drafts/cold spots, but think nothing of it. Oh, and I still don't leave my door and window open. I don't know why, it just bothers me for some reason.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, there was this time when my lamp kept on flickering on and off. It was one of those 'touch' ones and no one else was in the room with me. I checked the plug a few times and it was secure and tight. I also know it couldn't have been the bulb because my mom replaced it before she gave it to me.

Now, that's it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iKaaren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
omg, if that was me I'd be in my mum and dads bed LOL! Once I heard banging coming from my attic, and a scratching on my wall, and once my mum felt a cat walk across her legs when she was in bed, but that was just after my cat died:' (and her cat was lying next to her... Freaky stuff, anyway yeah. Good luck (Y) ❤
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
What you saw was a demon not a ghost. He sounds like the same demon I saw, other then
The face, but you didn't say he felt cold, or there was cold coming from him. Is the only diffrents.

Next time you see him say this: Dear God please remove this demon from my life, in Jesus name!

Then you will never see him again.

Do not try and talk to him, that wouldn't do you any good.

Take care,

Walter
soggypotatoes (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
O.O scary! My laptop did that once. And then I felt something press against my leg. It felt like my cat, like I could feel claws, but I turned the light on and nothing was there. Maybe cats have a magical power to turn off laptops...
😕
igowako (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
Im pretty sure its a ghost, If it hasn't happened in along time, don't worry.
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Maybe the house owners that lived there before you guys moved in had a cat but then the cat died. That's my guess on how you heard the cat. I wish you luck and God Bless all of you! ❤ Katie
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
The sound of the grudge would make my son freak. My son loves Japanese horror. Those of us who like horror movies need to be extra careful because a lot of things can affect our imagination. I think that spirits can mess with our imaginations and our negative feelings, like fear.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: